Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

What stats are those? Because I doubt they exist. He hasnt had a good season in terms of consistency or stats since the year before he did his ACL. In Serie A. 

I wish i took a screen shot of it. I don't remember where i saw it but he has high key pass, successful tackle rate

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

I wish i took a screen shot of it. I don't remember where i saw it but he has high key pass, successful tackle rate

Interesting. If you come across these let me know, quite intrigued, didn't think he would be anywhere near it. Particularly successful tackle rate. Can maybe understand the high key passes as he started the season well and was always quite high up when we had the ball. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

A lot of people criticize Lamp with favoring kante. I personally don't understand the criticism. I feel like everyone favor jorgi or gillmour as our dm. The question is how do you cover for their weaknesses, both are quite slow. 

Its not like it has to be Kante or one of those in that one role. Kante can play with those guys in a 2 or a 3. Its more FLs persistent of using Kante as a holder and not having someone in that mould in the MF. Particularly against the likes of West Ham, Watford etc. these teams where we are going to have to move the ball quicker through midfield. While Kante isnt limited with the ball by any stretch of the imagination, he has tended to play a bit more reserved or slower in that role with the ball. He also isnt as demanding in terms of getting the ball from the CBs or FBs so we can get it forward. Even at the start of the season the MF of Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho was undoubtedly our best bet for playing those smaller teams.

On 7/4/2020 at 3:41 PM, killer1257 said:

Should he have said that guys like Rüdiger and Alonso do not have high football IQ and do not know the basics instead?

I went to the details because everyone here thinks that everything is Lampards fault when it comes to set piece defending. I just said that we have to look deeper into it. It is not a coincidence that Sarri and Lampard struggle to solve our set piece defending. Why? Because of the details I pointed out. Lampard can only tell them everything how to do this or that, but when the players do not have the football IQ to know positional awareness in a game, or how to position your body in different moments of the game individually to win tackles or when to time your jumps, what is he supposed to do. You can have the best defense coach of all time and he will not make Rüdiger nor Alonso into top class defenders.

Never saw someone putting tallest player on the goal line for corners before...

Dont know if this is telling something about Frank but Derby is having a strong finish of the season now. 

7th place now, 3 points away from 6th place and play off spot where they finished last season with Frank.

Not to mention that this year squad is nowhere near in terms of quality from last season. They lost Mount, Tomori, Wilson and many others...

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Dont know if this is telling something about Frank but Derby is having a strong finish of the season now. 

7th place now, 3 points away from 6th place and play off spot where they finished last season with Frank.

Not to mention that this year squad is nowhere near in terms of quality from last season. They lost Mount, Tomori, Wilson and many others...

We are 4th, without hazard and luiz from last season. I would rather go with it. 

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its not like it has to be Kante or one of those in that one role. Kante can play with those guys in a 2 or a 3. Its more FLs persistent of using Kante as a holder and not having someone in that mould in the MF. Particularly against the likes of West Ham, Watford etc. these teams where we are going to have to move the ball quicker through midfield. While Kante isnt limited with the ball by any stretch of the imagination, he has tended to play a bit more reserved or slower in that role with the ball. He also isnt as demanding in terms of getting the ball from the CBs or FBs so we can get it forward. Even at the start of the season the MF of Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho was undoubtedly our best bet for playing those smaller teams.

I think it depend on how Lamp want to setup his midfield. Post covid break, I feel like Lamp want to play two aggressive cm who atack the box in front of a single dm. Is jorgi or Gilmour the right guy for this role, maybe not. 

In term of build up, against Watford, i feel like Kante doesn't really try to receive the ball, it feel like it is christensen job to build from the back. Maybe I was wrong but that is what I felt. 

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

But they also added Wayne Rooney, who has had a huge huge impact as well not only performing well himself but making the others around him look better as well as the fact Philip Cocu’s made wee tweaks that have helped their team. As I said last season finishing 6th with Derby wasnt a huge achievement but if he got them up through the playoffs, it would of been. The strong finish for Derby this season will be pointless unless they have something to show for it.

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Gk can improve if we have better defense. 

This. Kepa two worst moments after the restart: WH first goal and Zaha goal today. He should do better for both ofc but the thing is if Rudi, James and others did not fuck up it would not be a issue.