test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,789 posts in this topic

Its crunch time now. The next year will define lampard's career with us going forward. If we dont see a good enough improvement id start looking for a new manager for 2022. If not its because there isn't a good manager available

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I desperately want him to succeed. 

We all do mate or most of us anyway but he cant hide much next season....if progress cant be seen he will be gone.

Vesper likes this

Lampard's defensive record as a manager:

• 111 games
  • 145 goals conceded (70 with Derby, 75 with Chelsea)
  • 27 clean sheets (14 with Derby, 13 with Chelsea)

If anyone is curious, his sides have scored 191 goals (Derby - 90; Chelsea - 101)

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We need to get this defence sorted and quickly, whether it's Rice and Tagliatelle as LB and then a new keeper, that will go a long way to sorting things out.

We spent quite a bit already, but for me we need three positions....A CB, LB and keeper quickly.

91a29ca600a421d55bfefc86c0ec1094.png

lolol

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard's defensive record as a manager:

If anyone is curious, his sides have scored 191 goals (Derby - 90; Chelsea - 101)

No point scoring goals if cant defend..

How can it be so poor with 2 clubs?! Issues there to be ironed out not a carry on. Maybe hasnt got the right guidance around?  But we can't have another season of it...we got lucky this time. Might not next year. Think only 8 or 9 teams conceded more then us...

Vesper and Supermonkey92 like this

It's been a good season, the end of it has been more than good as the signings we have made and the potential ones coming in.

This season was a free hit for Frank, but alongside the new recruits of Werner, Ziyech, Havertz if he arrives and the rest.....this second season will be totally different. He has a short window to sort out not just defensive signings but also sort the actual defence out, and that will prove the toughest job.

He has also must stop flogging players to death and that means using the squad as a whole much more.

killer1257 and kc_blue like this

12 hours ago, Jason said:

It's a weird thing to say and he doesn't come out of it well if we won on Saturday the start of the season would have been even earlier with the Community Shield.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

It's been a good season, the end of it has been more than good as the signings we have made and the potential ones coming in.

This season was a free hit for Frank, but alongside the new recruits of Werner, Ziyech, Havertz if he arrives and the rest.....this second season will be totally different. He has a short window to sort out not just defensive signings but also sort the actual defence out, and that will prove the toughest job.

He has also must stop flogging players to death and that means using the squad as a whole much more.

Totally agree. For this season the expectation (at least for me) was a top6 finish and any success in the cups would only be a bonus. The total point tally at the end of the season was pretty close to what I expected last summer and usually 66 points would've meant a sixth place but luckily for us that was enough for fourth place this year. 

It's been a fun ride so far with Frank. Shown plenty of promise and got the team playing some nice football but there have been some obvious flaws too and next season he won't get a free pass anymore, especially with the amount of money he's gotten for new signings. With Werner, Ziyech guaranteed, Havertz almost in the bag and possibly a new goalkeeper and left-back in the team the minimum expectation should be around 80 points, which would be more than enough for a comfortable top4 finish. Cups are always unpredictable so aside from reaching the CL knockout stages I won't place any minimum targets on those competitions and any deep cup runs will still only be a bonus and not something I value that highly unless he goes and actually wins the CL.

If Lampard fails to make a significant improvement on the league points total next season, some serious questions will have to be asked about whether or not he's the right man to lead this team to a title-challenge in the coming years. Scraping top4 with less than 70 points or missing out completely won't be acceptable anymore.

I remain confident he'll get it right but he has to learn from his mistakes too. With better quality up front the 'easier' games should be killed off early with a 2-3 goal lead and a better keeper alone should be enough to shave 10 goals off the goals against column but Frank needs to get the team balance right and know when to commit more men forward and when to sit deeper. I refuse to accept that all the defenders turned shit overnight, a lot of the mistakes we've seen this season has to do with defensive coaching and organizing of the defense too. Whether or not Lamps can fix that remains to be seen.

Puliiszola likes this

18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Cannot say whether the source is any good. However, this article says that the players think SFL is burning them out and responsible for some of the injuries. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-chelsea-stars-rage-at-lampard-behind-the-scenes/amp/

Not surprised, if true. The signs are there...

Vesper likes this

Stuff like that makes me chuckle, they are blaming FL yet we have had to put up with under performing professional footballers all season making basic mistake that even kids would get right.

FL takes some blame but fucking hell come on, the players need to take a massive look at themselves.

They need reminding it takes two to tango.

6 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

So we went from "What a season, no one expected us to get top6, and we have got top4. FL has done a brilliant job" to "We should start looking at replacements for 2022". That was quick. And fickle to say the least.

Including the youngsters people are slating have been the saviour of our season...

Puliiszola likes this