test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,630 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, DDA said:

Spot on. You can literally see all of what was said, week in, week out. We need a proper leader on that pitch. Azpi is not it. I don't care if people in here want to argue against that and try to impose a difference of opinion because you will not change the facts. We have no real leaders and our current captain is not a big enough personality on the field to carry the responsibility of wearing the armband for such a big club.

Its all well and good saying that but in these tope squads even if player X or Y is the captain and vice captain you need more than just 2 leadership figures. You look at any successful business or sports team or whatever and they are littered with leaders. From Amazon to Google to Facebook to Liverpool to Man City to Bayern Munich....

Obviously we had Cech, Brana, Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Drogba, Terry, Carvalho back in the day who were leaders and big personalities regardless of the manager. Football has changed in a lot of ways but even with Conte being here or Jose again, he had Courtois, Cahill, Luiz, Costa, Cesc and Hazard to a lesser extent we still had those sort of players but we also had Jose and Conte too. 

Liverpool have got a great squad but if you look in it there are a lot of people who have been captains/vice captains at club or NT level or worn the armbands there or at former clubs in spells. Van Dijk, Henderson, Milner, Robertson, Wjinaldum, Lallana, Matip IIRC, Lovren. 

There is a mixture of leaders there, with different qualities and ways of being leaders. Some can lead through example and some can lead by being vocal, there are various different leadership types and qualities that make leaders up. Not just in football, in business, in engineering, in science, in whatever.

We need a few more leaders in and around the squad, we had an influx of talented but less experienced youngsters and lost Eden, Gaz and David, 3 senior players at the club. The coaching side has to try and compensate for this lack of leadership more imo and drive these guys on a bit more until we can add a few guys or some of these players develop into leaders. Its not just a matter of you are born a leader or you cannot ever be one. Leadership is a quality that is developed. The staff can push players on this also.  There are many different things in sports psychology that can be utilised to improve mentality and help players push through the barrier and become leaders in whatever way they can. Be it being more vocal like Jorginho (I have also seen this with Kepa since he arrived, as a GK he is extremely vocal anyway but more so compared to Tibo and Cech imo) or leading by example like Azpi does imo of lead by making the difference when it matters most (Drogba and Cech back in the day).

Supermonkey92 and DDA like this

That‘s so interesting and that‘s why I am happy we have a legend in the dugout and no toxic Conte. Amazing what happened behind the scenes.

Even after today, its obvious the season hasnt gone as well as we would all want it to but a cup final and a top 4 finish would be a step for Frank and this squad. Need to win more games next season though and address a few glaring issues we have had over the course of the season but beating Arsenal in a cup final is always a good way to end a season.

So much for OGS being a better manager than Lamps. Completely outfoxed him today. Utd were well and truly under control. except for all those diving shit they pulled vindicated by the ref.

We were smarter than in the last 3 games vs ManU, we still controlled the match and the tempo but we negated their pace with 3 at the back always being able to double up on rashford, james and later martial and greenwood. sitting kovacic on fernandes also worked very well.

bigbluewillie likes this

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

All the big six (plus Wolves and Leicester) beaten atleast once but no potential of being a top coach apparently.

He has the potential he just needs to iron out some weird stuff he pulls. He has the potential.

Whats funny is that Golum has a more established squad, got to spend close to 200M pounds and big help by the FA, yet Chelsea who had a ban, lost the leagues best player, many new acadmy faces, new style etc get nothing whatsoever in the media. Its all about how awesome udt are, how golum is a class manager etc. I will feel livid if we dont get that CL place though.

Puliiszola, Tomo, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

All the big six (plus Wolves and Leicester) beaten atleast once but no potential of being a top coach apparently.

All that in a season following Eden Hazard departure, and a transfer ban.

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He has the potential he just needs to iron out some weird stuff he pulls. He has the potential.

Whats funny is that Golum has a more established squad, got to spend close to 200M pounds and big help by the FA, yet Chelsea who had a ban, lost the leagues best player, many new acadmy faces, new style etc get nothing whatsoever in the media. Its all about how awesome udt are, how golum is a class manager etc. I will feel livid if we dont get that CL place though.

Calling Solskjaer 'Gollum' is an insult to Gollum. Leave that precious alone!

Atomiswave likes this

3-4-3 formation is a weapon best saved for the most opportune moments.

but 4-3-3 should always be our default

I think Frank also agrees.
I hope we play it against Arsenal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johnnyeye likes this

I'm surprised about today. Lampard took advantage when OGS tried to play the same way he has been playing against us the whole season. Chelsea more or less, has been dominant in all past 3 games against Ole, however our finishing was disgusting (that Bats chance still haunt me), while United were clinical and finished us.

This time we were more clinical. 

I'm glad we finally learnt our lesson with United. Well done boys, well done Lampard!

Now PLEASE don't disappoint us with two league defeats.

Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

Can a Journalist that is smart enough point out the error of Lampard of always using the 3-4-3 as a follow up game and that it always end in defeat? 

I'm sure someone can see a trend in that right? 

It works for one game but then he decides to use it the next game and loses bad. 

One of the greatest movie characters to ever exist and also it gave us one of the best movie scenes ever! (all hail Andy Serkis!)

I don't know how he didn't win an Oscar.

"Fat hobbit is ever so polite"

That trilogy had some E.P.I.C lines. Theoden had most of them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

54 goals in 37 games

54 goals....in 37 games. 

54 GOALS --- 37 GAMES

We average a goal and a half a fucking game. 

Sorry, if no centrebacks, GK, or LB is purchased next season. Lampard is 100% gone. This back line cannot be saved. 

Vybz Kartel likes this