Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've always said Jose doesn't know how to do 3atb

Not surprising to see, TBH. In the past, Mourinho used the back 3 only when it was time to throw the kitchen sink at the opponent to try and get back into games, and even then, it was basically putting some safe numbers behind the ball and letting the other 7 players attack with abandon, if you like. And considering Mourinho is not known for coaching attacking patterns, attacking plays etc, it's not strange to see that his teams struggle with the back 3 when he goes with it from the start. The back 3 generally requires some proper coaching to actually make it work. 

Third time he makes the same mistake. After winning a game with the back 3 which was specifically for that one game, he continues with it into the next game..... 

Game against Bayern hasn't started but to me this is a big mistake, again to do the same mistake a third time

He just don't learn......

We could get lucky and get a win, but with Alonso there against Bayern...I don't like this! 

I cant blame him for the result. The difference in quality is abysmal. Im more the concerned with the lack of organization, both defending and going forward. 

Im convinced Wolves and Leicester would put a better performance against Bayern at home than we did today. 

3 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I cant blame hum for the result. The difference in quality is abysmal. Im more the concerned with the lack of organization, both defending and going forward. 

Im convinced Wolves and Leicester would put a better performance against Bayern at home than we did today. 

Wolves I'd agree but no chance with Leicester.

Brendan Rodgers record against elite opposition is worse than Wenger's.

13 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I cant blame him for the result. The difference in quality is abysmal. Im more the concerned with the lack of organization, both defending and going forward. 

Wolves def....they have a very tactically sound manager. Tactically we could be better tonight but it is what it is. Why was Poch there anyone know? He wants that Bayern job or?

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Wolves def....they have a very tactically sound manager. Tactically we could be better tonight but it is what it is. Why was Poch there anyone know? He wants that Bayern job or?

I hope the board make the right decision at the end of the season...

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Third time he makes the same mistake. After winning a game with the back 3 which was specifically for that one game, he continues with it into the next game..... 

Game against Bayern hasn't started but to me this is a big mistake, again to do the same mistake a third time

He just don't learn......

We could get lucky and get a win, but with Alonso there against Bayern...I don't like this! 

The record now reads...

W 5-2 Wolves
L 0-1 Valencia

W 2-0 Spurs
L 0-2 Southampton

W 2-1 Spurs
L 0-3 Bayern

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Would rather have present day David Beckham on our wing.

Dont see what the problem would be with Simone or even Frank taking a leaf from his book in these bigger games. His approach in these sort of games isnt necessarily the worst thing.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont see what the problem would be with Simone or even Frank taking a leaf from his book in these bigger games. His approach in these sort of games isnt necessarily the worst thing.

We have injury problems, we don't have the players to play an attacking game and yet we set up trying to take Bayern head on...a little pragmatism wouldn't have hurt. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Simeone has had a big chance to claim or atleast seriously challenge for a good few titles with Real/Barca flaking by their standards these last few years and he hasn't took it.

Rafa Benitez who is widely mocked and hated here managed to take advantage of a Real/Barca lull/transition and claim two titles with Valencia yet Simeone has made an absolute pigs ear of similar openings.

Under Simeone we may have an outside chance of shithousing a CL but we would have no chance of a title in the league, and as soon as we realize that we will be back to exactly the same point we were 18 months ago and have to start again at a point we could have been out the other side had we held our nerve.

Reverting back to type now will mean we have absolutely wasted two seasons for no reason atall (the one thing we can hold onto right now is we are attempting to build something for the long run with the style and HG boys). Whether Lampard turns out to be good enough is actually irrelevant in the bigger picture, we must see this style/youth transition through now no matter how hard the growing pains are, which means if Lampard goes, another attacking manager comes in, said exactly the same re Sarri too.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Simeone has had a big chance to claim or atleast seriously challenge for a good few titles with Real/Barca flaking by their standards these last few years and he hasn't took it.

Rafa Benitez who is widely mocked and hated here managed to take advantage of a Real/Barca lull/transition and claim two titles with Valencia yet Simeone has made an absolute pigs ear of similar openings.

Simeone we may have an outside chance of shithousing a CL, we would have no chance of a title in the league, and as soon as we realize that we will be back to exactly the same point we were 18 months ago.

Reverting back to type now will mean we have absolutely wasted two seasons for no reason atall (the one thing we can hold onto right now is we are attempting to build something for the long run with the style and HG boys). Whether Lampard turns out to be good enough is actually irrelevant in the bigger picture, we must see this style/youth transition through now no matter how hard the growing pains are, which means if Lampard goes, another attacking manager comes in, said exactly the same re Sarri too.

Actually good points regarding his performances in particular the last few seasons, although they've still severely overachieved throughout his time there.

I feel his system and style suits knockout football more and against smaller teams they can sometimes find themselves struggling to take the initiative with the ball although theyve still improved compared to where they were beforehand too at the beginning under him.

I think Atletico will be lucky to ever win another Liga in the next 5-10 years regardless of manager and their styles because Barca and Real can just get away with slow starts by pasting everyone from a certain point onwards, lets be honest when you have/had Messi or Ronaldo you can always catch the difference. Plus theyre always gonna recruit the top level of players compared to them, the Pogbas, Griezmanns, Suarez, de Jongs, Coutinhos whoevers going and have top ready made players/generation talents compared with Atletico maybe bar the odd one having.to go for more further afield options or players they wouldnt take.

Still think Simone regardless of the style has built a team that never seem to know when their beat in the big games, their attitude and application is fantastic. Theyve only lost 40 odd games in the league in his whole time there too which is very impressive considering hes been there 8 or 9 seasons.

I just get the feeling he would be successful here too.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have injury problems, we don't have the players to play an attacking game and yet we set up trying to take Bayern head on...a little pragmatism wouldn't have hurt. 

Precisely. Thought going with 3/5 at the back would of been an appropriate enough start but boy was I wrong 😂 suppose we will probably get our annual humilation by Bournemouth now too.

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Under Simeone we may have an outside chance of shithousing a CL but we would have no chance of a title in the league, and as soon as we realize that we will be back to exactly the same point we were 18 months ago and have to start again at a point we could have been out the other side had we held our nerve.

Again nothing but a apologist fuck off back to the middle class wankers on the shed end forum Argo,