test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

4,465 posts in this topic
It's no wonder we can't defend at all when Lampard is saying things like this...
FUCKING HELL!
I see his point because they were really more physical than us but he could have solved that problem by playing RLC and Giroud from the start.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Zouma and Tomori together.

Jorgi, Kova, Mount midfield. 

Go back to what was working so well for god sake.

Go back to the team that looked so promising and go from there. If we lose top 4 due to growing pains then fuck it, our ultimate goal is to build a side to challenge City and Liverpool and the longer these shithouse selections get rolled out the more regression we make on said ultimate goal.

This. 

The midfield without Kante was doing the job, Kova and Jorgi were running riots through opositions' midfields but Lamps decided to brake their combo and since then we are hit and miss. 

Tomo and DDA like this

Just now, 0007 said:

This. 

The midfield without Kante was doing the job, Kova and Jorgi were running riots through opositions' midfields but Lamps decided to brake their combo and since then we are hit and miss. 

It's happened twice now which makes it even worse.

0007 likes this

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I see his point because they were really more physical than us but he could have solved that problem by playing RLC and Giroud from the start.

So it was the players who randomly decided who to mark then, like Azpi marking a much taller Soucek while someone like Abraham was guarding the post!?

NikkiCFC likes this

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It would be fine if it was Giroud or Drogba but Tammy isn't very good in the air. I don't think he would have dealt well defensively against Soucek and says a lot that he's zonal marking and not one of the man markers.

In my opinion Azpilicueta defended the goal pretty well given the size difference. It was hardly a bullet header and should have been comfortably dealt with by one of Kepa or Tammy.

he doesnt have to be an excellent header, hes not shooting on a goal, he's just there to head it out of danger, thats all. he's tall, he is capable of that at least i hope so.

Just now, whats happening said:

he doesnt have to be an excellent header, hes not shooting on a goal, he's just there to head it out of danger, thats all. he's tall, he is capable of that at least i hope so.

That's why he's zonal marking in there. 

Watching him, I'd worry that he would be ball watching and not track or successfully mark his man. 

He's played a lot of games this season and fulfilled the same role defending set pieces which to me says Lampard can't trust him to mark and defend man to man.

So it was the players who randomly decided who to mark then, like Azpi marking a much taller Soucek while someone like Abraham was guarding the post!?
Lamps does not do man marking

Said it before and will say it again, the defensive issues will be Lampard's downfall. The Chelsea connection and/or patience won't last forever. 
But Rüdiger is a low level defender. I have been saying this since last season. You can't win anything with him, but it is his fault for giving him so many minutes

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Lamps does not do man marking

Doesn't excuse the marking for West Ham's goal, especially when we had a warning before that with their disallowed goal.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

But Rüdiger is a low level defender. I have been saying this since last season. You can't win anything with him, but it is his fault for giving him so many minutes

He is crap. We get that. But blaming defenders is only valid till a certain point. 

Defending set piece was a problem for Lampard at Derby and now it is again. His teams have conceded tons of goals and have not kept a lot of clean sheets. Have seen teams with arguably worse defenders defend better as a unit than us. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

15 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

That's why he's zonal marking in there. 

Watching him, I'd worry that he would be ball watching and not track or successfully mark his man. 

He's played a lot of games this season and fulfilled the same role defending set pieces which to me says Lampard can't trust him to mark and defend man to man.

maybe youre right. i just know he's good on the first post.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I like Kante but if he is one of main reasons why our midfield has been so poor, he has to be dropped.

A number of times, including the Villa game - I've seen him misplace passes or disappear once a while. He isn't the Kante I once loved during the Conte days.

My patience with Lampard was very thin already, then when the lockdown happened I decided to give Lampard some space but after today - he confirmed that he hasn't changed.

How can I give Lampard more time if he continues to pull the same shite over and over? Ziyech and Werner will not solve our problems hands down. We will continue to see this shite until we get a proper defensive coach in or Lampard finally takes time to sort out that defense.

And FFS just bin Kepa. EASILY the worst Chelsea GK in decades. Every shot on target just flies past this guy.

Also where the feck is Jorginho? He's been benched since the restart and hasn't been used once.

What about Tomori and Zouma? They are average CBs sure, but they are better than Christensen and Rudiger!

WTF is Lampard doing?

And honestly, Rudiger should be benched for x amount of games. I can't put my head around his stupidity of lazily kicking out for a corner. Pathetic.

DDA, Atomiswave and 0007 like this

Who should be Kepa replaced with? Caballero? No thanks, didn‘t really hit the ground running either.

6 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Who should be Kepa replaced with? Caballero? No thanks, didn‘t really hit the ground running either.

Might as well use Jamie Cumming at this point, real talk. Kepa is downright useless. It's like any player can just shoot on target and it ends up in the back of the net.

8 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

He would have saved both corner goals tonight. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's no wonder we can't defend at all when Lampard is saying things like this...

FUCKING HELL!

WOW! 

I am shocked that he sees it this way.

And it was not just this game. Goal we conceded against Villa, Mount was covering tall Villa CB who scored.

Chelsea:Valencia 0:1. Set piece goal by Rodrigo 1.80cm. Tammy 191cm was close to him :rolleyes:

Chelsea:Liverpool 1:2 Firmino 1.81cm scored between Alonso 1.88cm and Chris 1.90cm.

Newcastle:Chelsea 1:0 Hayden 1.87cm scored near Rudiger 1.90cm.

Many, many similar situations...

So saying it is a height issue is PURE BS! 

It is all on him!!!

Also last season with Sarri we conceded 39 goals in 38 PL games. 29 in 36 if you take away those two crazy games against City and Bournemouth.

44 already with Frank in 32. Surely over 50 by the end.

Dont tell me it is because we lost Luiz.

Supermonkey92 likes this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I like when managers have tactical flexibility but we maybe put two best performances this season just before the break against Liverpool and Everton.

Why he needed to change anything after? 

Even tho we won against Villa, City and Leicester I dont think we had good performances in those games...

Tomo likes this

Did people watch the game? The focus is on the defensive tactics, but today's result is on individual errors.

1-0 and seconds before the end of first half Rudiger concedes a fucking corner in a very clumsy way. 1x1. Rudiger and Christensen acted both as clown on West Ham second and third goals.

Blue Armour and killer1257 like this