Super Frank Thread

15 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Needs to start learning from his mistakes. Still absolutely behind him but it worries me he doesn't see some things (for example Christensen being the worst CB on the team)

and Azpi at LB absolutely crippling us offensively, and his refusal to play Giroud more, plus now his clear intent to play the woefully inadequate Willy for what may be the rest of the year

Kepa is in a real funk, but that can be coached away, Willy is profoundly incapable as a first team keeper

he is old, so so slow, bad at positioning, and very poor at distribution

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you have to include the board with that

they are also, in fact even more, to blame

incredibly poor player buys/sales/non-buys/non-sales, shameful contractual management, and a complete lack of general direction for years upon years now

IF we renew Willian and Pedro and do not offload both Alonso and Emerson this can no longer be debated by anyone who is operating in good faith

Don´t forget that we also had a transfer ban during the summer due to illegal activities from our board. A good summer transfer window would have solved so many problems

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

If Lampard gets sacked or leaves definite chance they'll go back out on loan or even sold in a couple of seasons.

I can't see it, even if the new manager wanted to discard them they're on first team wages now so it won't be easy to find a club willing to pay them.

And furthermore they've got the experience of PL football now so they won't be seen as a "risk", even Jose who's not exactly known for his youth development went to United and kept Rashford in the fold after LVG did the hard part.

However given the talent we have coming through if the worst happened with Lamps it would be vital to appoint a manager who values youth development, what's got me through a lot of these last two season's is the hope we're eventually building something sustainable, would be depressing to discard all that now and revert back to type.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I feel for him, you can see he is under pressure. But he let them cunts get a free ride, I mean the FA/refs etc. You need a strong manager in this case to voice his opinion, klopp would have gone amok, not that he ever ever will experience such corruption. We are fucking pussies for letting them fuck us over time and time again, pussies.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

I feel for him, you can see he is under pressure. But he let them cunts get a free ride, I mean the FA/refs etc. You need a strong manager in this case to voice his opinion, klopp would have gone amok, not that he ever ever will experience such corruption. We are fucking pussies for letting them fuck us over time and time again, pussies.

Scholes: Mourinho would’ve got Maguire sent off at Chelsea

https://www.football365.com/news/paul-scholes-jose-mourinho-manchester-united-harry-maguire-sent-off-chelsea

Chelsea bench slammed by Man Utd great Paul Scholes after Harry Maguire reaction

Manchester United defender Harry Maguire escaped punishment despite appearing to kick out at Michy Batshuayi in front of the Chelsea bench on Monday evening

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-bench-slammed-man-utd-21520496

Ref Watch: Harry Maguire needed more punishment after Michy Batshuayi challenge

Kurt Zouma and Olivier Giroud disallowed goals for Chelsea also analysed

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11937019/ref-watch-harry-maguire-needed-more-punishment-after-michy-batshuayi-challenge

Harry Maguire set to avoid retrospective action for Michy Batshuayi kick as Roy Keane labels him ‘very, very lucky’

United captain escaped sanction when he appeared to lash out at the Chelsea striker but his actions went down badly with Roy Keane and Jamie Carragher who believe he should have been sent off

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/harry-maguire-chelsea-vs-manchester-united-video-watch-kick-michy-batshuayi-retrospective-action-a9341951.html

Lots of people saying Lamps can't be expected to do any better with this squad. Wrong. Our squad is a lot better than 1 point per game, which is what it's been for the last 15 games plus. We're just not being coached well. His inexperience there for all to see.

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

what's got me through a lot of these last two season's is the hope we're eventually building something sustainable, would be depressing to discard all that now and revert back to type.

Not one of our managers has given a toss about bringing through young players Lamps had no choice in the matter. I can't see our next manager being anything but a pragmatic, experienced safe pair of hands.

6 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Not one of our managers has given a toss about bringing through young players Lamps had no choice in the matter. I can't see our next manager being anything but a pragmatic, experienced safe pair of hands.

Course he did, he may not have had a transfer window but he still had enough experienced players to play ahead of the young boys if he really wanted too.

30 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Lots of people saying Lamps can't be expected to do any better with this squad. Wrong. Our squad is a lot better than 1 point per game, which is what it's been for the last 15 games plus. We're just not being coached well. His inexperience there for all to see.

The start of the season, people took the piss out of our squad, laughed at any thought of even a top four challenge and claimed we'll be lucky for top half (with most saying/implying they would be quite content with that aslong as youth were playing and there were some signs of encouragement to build on, a vow which has surprise surprise turned out to be bullshit).

I just think Lampard need to start play it a lot more safe than usual.

This expansive football is not doing us any favor. 6 months into the season and you can see we don't have the personnel to play the football he wants.

He showed us he can do it in the game against Spurs, so I know he has it in his locker.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

At this point, you (not you specifically) just gotta accept that Lampard is not the kind of the manager who will start shouting/screaming/ranting on the touchline, in front of the media etc. It's just not in his nature, especially when we ourselves saw what he was like as a player.

That said, I was kinda fuming and almost face palming myself last night at how passive and quiet Lampard was during the game. He just sat there on the bench, with his arms crossed, and talked to Morris. Rarely got up and tried to motivate the players, at least based on what was shown on the TV. If I was one of the players out there and I looked at my manager being like that, I might be wondering WTH is even happening. 

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

No question Frank is making rookie mistakes from which he'll have to learn from or be sacked.

What he can't be responsible for tho is Bats being Bats. Willian having a clear shot at goal from 18 yards and blasting it 10 yards over. Rudi looking like he was stuck in mud wearing lead boots for the second goal. Stuck with a midfield (whichever combo we use) that can't create or score or protect the defence. 4 CB's who are all 4th choice level. Shit keepers. Shit RB's.

We really should not be anywhere near 4th place with this sorry lot. 2 years from now, from those who played last night I only expect James, Mount and probably Kova to still be Chelsea players. That is the level of the rebuild job that is needed.