test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Super Frank Thread

Started by Jason,

2,808 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Tonight's performance against Liverpool was the kind of streetwise, pragmatic performance that was missing against Bayern. 

This is how we need to start being game in game out. No point winning the big games then going odd in the others. No stupid defensive moments..we didnt concede from a corner! It can be done

Johnnyeye likes this

Throwing Gilmour into the match was a genius move. There is a lot to criticize concerning Frank but who would have thrown an 18 years old kid into such a match. Lamps really got an eye for that. Well done

Johnnyeye likes this

3 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Throwing Gilmour into the match was a genius move. There is a lot to criticize concerning Frank but who would have thrown an 18 years old kid into such a match. Lamps really got an eye for that. Well done

Playing Gilmour for Jorginho as well. We've identified a good player for the base of the midfield. 

4 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Its the youth. Obviously it will take at least 2 seasons to have some clue what can be done with this team. People calling for franks head should understand it will take patience and maybe we will have a killer side with plenty of youth.

SinineUltra and Strike like this

9 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

If we had a full fit squad, would we see Gilmour yesterday? That’s the issue here. Gilmour should have been used ages ago.

If we had a full fit squad, would we see Gilmour yesterday? That’s the issue here. Gilmour should have been used ages ago.
Yes because he always plays the FA cup matches. Also, Billy was promoted as a first team player, so more game time was expected.
In a game like that, guys like Mou and Conte would have never used Billy as a starter

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Yes because he always plays the FA cup matches. Also, Billy was promoted as a first team player, so more game time was expected.
In a game like that, guys like Mou and Conte would have never used Billy as a starter

Wasn’t in the squad against Nottingham Forest. Came on in the 68th minute to replace CHO against Hull.

.v Liverpool was his first game as a starter, and I still think he wouldn’t had started if we had a full fit squad like in previous occasions.

Wasn’t in the squad against Nottingham Forest. Came on in the 68th minute to replace CHO against Hull.
.v Liverpool was his first game as a starter, and I still think he wouldn’t had started if we had a full fit squad like in previous occasions.
He played against United though

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He played against United though

You said he always played the FA Cup matches so I was only focusing on that.

For United, you must be referring to the Carabao Cup game that we lost. Okay, why we didn’t see Gilmour again until Hull City (as a sub?)

I still give Lamps credit for taking Gilmour on against Liverpool, but people are giving him too MUCH credit IMO. Gilmour has been used before and was immediately dropped from the squad, and because we are seeing all these injuries, I honestly believe Lamps had no choice but to look in to the under 21s.

killer1257 likes this

43 minutes ago, Mana said:

Yes, we would. Considering Jorginho is gonna miss our next 3 games through suspension, Lampard could have easily played him instead of Gilmour but he didn't. 

Our injury situation overall isn't great but we are only missing 2 players in midfield and since we have coped decently without Loftus-Cheek all season, it's pretty much only Kante that we are missing and he's a different player to Gilmour. 

killer1257 likes this

Yes, we would. Considering Jorginho is gonna miss our next 3 games through suspension, Lampard could have easily played him instead of Gilmour but he didn't. 
Our injury situation overall isn't great but we are only missing 2 players in midfield and since we have coped decently without Loftus-Cheek all season, it's pretty much only Kante that we are missing and he's a different player to Gilmour. 

Yes and would Lampard drop Kante in favor of Gilmour? They are different players like you said, but what I’ve seen on how Lampard treats Kante, he’ll probably shoehorn him yesterday.

Dont know where else best to put this.

With Tammy going off the boil a bit and Giroud starting to pick up form when we get Callum and Pulisic back should we be playing both of them off Oli in the run in? 

While Frank shouldn't have froze out Giroud like he did it could inadvertently benefit us now as he will be pretty fresh.

On 28/02/2020 at 10:03 AM, Jason said:

Should probably sack the chief scout (can't remember the name) that works with her on identifying players. 

You referring to the scouting system that picked up Kevin de bruyne for almost nothing?

15 minutes ago, Mana said:

Yes and would Lampard drop Kante in favor of Gilmour? They are different players like you said, but what I’ve seen on how Lampard treats Kante, he’ll probably shoehorn him yesterday.

Why does it have to be Gilmour? Had Kante been fit, he could have played instead of Kovacic or maybe even Barkley. 

Why does it have to be Gilmour? Had Kante been fit, he could have played instead of Kovacic or maybe even Barkley. 

Because Gilmour barely and rarely makes the squad, let alone the starting XI.

Anyway we will see in the upcoming matches what Lamps will do with Gilmour.

1 minute ago, kiwi1691 said:

You referring to the scouting system that picked up Kevin de bruyne for almost nothing?

IIRC, that came under Emenalo's watch, no? 

And even if that came under the current scouting system, there still have been more misses than hits!

Just now, Mana said:

Because Gilmour barely and rarely makes the squad, let alone the starting XI.

That's because he only got promoted to the first team last month and considering he's only 18, Lampard is arguably trying to ease him rather than throw him straight into the deep end, especially when we have been under pressure to pick up results lately.

Whatever the circumstances, at least Gilmour took his chance yesterday and performed. There will be more challenges ahead but he's given himself a platform to build on. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Not in the position Gilmour played, Kante would have played at the expense of Barkley most likely.

killer1257 likes this

I sat there in 87min and I got a big smile on my face, it hit me good, it was like watching old school Chelsea, you know the days when we gave the ball to opposition and just said you go ahead and control possession, cuz we are winning anyhow, knock yourself silly, cuz as soon as we get it back we will hurt you.....I fucking loved that. Full credit to FL and the boys, lovely stuff.

14 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

This is how we need to start being game in game out. No point winning the big games then going odd in the others. No stupid defensive moments..we didnt concede from a corner! It can be done

Who know that if you play player who are good in the air aka zouma, rudiger, alonso and Giroud you can stop conceding from set pieces.