Super Frank Thread

Just now, Henrique said:

Thats how football works. Managers come and go.

No shit but we certainly do this sacking and hiring far too often compared to most other clubs. It's tiring and exhausting. No wonder we haven't been able to build any consistent success over the last decade. Success in one season, then crisis in the next. 

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think 7th was the expected level for us. So it would not change anything. 

Bullshit. There is no fucking way 6 teams in PL have better squads. Are you telling me Arsenal and Spurs have better squads? Are you suggesting Leicester squad is better? United squad is better? We have a squad that is at last as good as those teams. The idea that this squad is expected to finish 7th or even 10th is a bullshit that needs to stop.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

IF the manager does something wrong, like being out of his depth. Like Sarri had a poor CV, no PL experience, and Sarriball was flawed. That’s why I couldn’t trust him. At least with Poch he has PL experience, and has made shite players over perform. WE NEED A COACH LIKE THIS.

In theory, it may sound fine but you would be lying if you say you won't complain at all when things start to go shit and all that. It happened with Mourinho and Conte, both manages with good CV. What's to guarantee the same thing won't happen with Pochettino or any other manager? 

7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We'll get top 4. The next step will be to bring a few new players in before 20/21. Lampards going nowhere imo so really no need for the dog whistle Lampard out bowlocks. 

Not convinced on top 4..see how the next 4 games go which are hideous but I agree...think after speading out what in total must be more then 90,000 on Conte it might sway the decision a little.

Just now, Mana said:

The board can still have their youth, but they can replace Lampard with a better coach to actually COACH the youth and improve them.

You saying he's not improved the young players?

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

No offence but what kind of mentality is this? You honestly think there is no available coach that is better than Lampard right now? Are you kidding me?

The board can still have their youth, but they can replace Lampard with a better coach to actually COACH the youth and improve them.

No we will not, the same thing is happening when we had Benitez. We was transition with him and it was horrible at times but there was some progress in the way we wanted to go. We then screw that up by taking Benitez out and getting Mourinho that sold our best youth. 

So no way we will do the same. Lampard is the best and we will continue with him. We will finish top 4 no problem. 

2 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Bullshit. There is no fucking way 6 teams in PL have better squads. Are you telling me Arsenal and Spurs have better squads? Are you suggesting Leicester squad is better? United squad is better? We have a squad that is at last as good as those teams. The idea that this squad is expected to finish 7th or even 10th is a bullshit that needs to stop.

Well that was the goal majority of the fans and pundit put us at the beginning of the season. So I say we are doing above expectations. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

No shit but we certainly do this sacking and hiring far too often compared to most other clubs. It's tiring and exhausting. No wonder we haven't been able to build any consistent success over the last decade. Success in one season, then crisis in the next. 

Those days are long gone mate. In past 5 year we didn't fired more manager than other top european clubs, with few exceptions. Since 2015 we only fired two managers and only one of them was fired during the season, and Conte wasn't fired because of the results, but because he created a bad relationship with the board after the Diego Costa situation. Sarri wasn't fired, he decided to walk away. 

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

Those days are long gone mate. In past 5 year we didn't fired more manager than other top european clubs, with few exceptions. Since 2015 we only fired two managers and only one of them was fired during the season, and Conte wasn't fired because of the results, but because he created a bad relationship with the board after the Diego Costa situation. Sarri wasn't fired, he decided to walk away. 

That's why Lampard is staying. The club wants to build with one manager. Because we are not progressing, we just get rid of managers and the team gets worse and worse. 

Thank God the club is more patient than in the past. 

Just now, Mana said:

Mourinho was a special case, and he’s not really a coach to begin with as well. Conte I was upset about him leaving, but it had to be done. He was looking miserable. He was the only coach in recent times I felt upset about him leaving (even though I raged several times at him)

Nope. Like I said after the Newcastle game, these players are playing EXACTLY how I expected them to be. They haven’t really improved expect maybe Abraham. Has Mount improved? Has Emerson improved? Has Willian improved? Who has improved??

Lol

Tomori was finding his level as a mid table Championship player before Lampard got hold of him, so much so no one was really bothering following his progress at Derby because they were convinced he wasn't good enough.

Mount is a better all rounder although you can argue that has stifled him as a creative player a bit.

You only need to look at the comments over Kovacic last season (which alone should have taught a few lessons about patience with players but evidently not) to this to see how much he's improved.

Abraham, better all rounder.

There's also Bogle and Wilson at Derby, atleast.

Just now, Henrique said:

Does it really matter? The fact of the matter is, we have been chopping and changing managers far too often to build any sort of success. People always like to moan about the manager, want him gone and all that but at the same time, feel envy about Liverpool or Man City. Fucking hypocrites! 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

That's why Lampard is staying. The club wants to build with one manager. Because we are not progressing, we just get rid of managers and the team gets worse and worse. 

Thank God the club is more patient than in the past. 

We need a manager for that firstly, Lampard is anything but a manager.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

OMFG “Lampard is the best”

I’m done. When good coaches like Chris Wilder outclass Lampard,  you’ll continue to blind eye and say “Yep, Lampard is the best we can ever have!!”

He's the best for what we trying to do in the coming seasons. He is building a base to work with in the next season.I do expect us to be better next season. 

But if next season we don't improve and regress then I will jump in the direction of sack. But for now and next season he is the best for the job and is unsackable. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

You can’t really compare City and Liverpool with Klopp and Pep against Lampard. Please, don’t go there.

Win the first two season's of Klopp at Liverpool at Chelsea you would be the first to throw your toys out of the pram and say he's not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

You can’t really compare City and Liverpool with Klopp and Pep against Lampard. Please, don’t go there.

This. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Win the first two season's of Klopp at Liverpool at Chelsea you would be the first to throw your toys out of the pram and say he's not good enough.

Other managers can come in and do well and use the youth. Poch would do just that. But I will give Lamps till the season....we just might do top4 lets see. But there are def better managers out there. He is a rookie, he is not some WC manager, he himself is learning. Its a cluster fuck imo but can do nothing but support him and see what happens.......good luck to us.

You know that Pep would want to commit Suicide if he had our squad right?
There is maybe Kova and Jorgi for Peps style of play. Thats it

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

I still remember how city was very inconsistent the first season with pep. Many people thought he was not going to make it but he got in the summer the funds to address the problems, defense and goalkeeper. 

Klopp he came in the season that Mourinho got sacked with us. Was very inconsistent as well, remember them getting owned by Sevilla in the final. 

So yes the first year are not good for anyone, hence the comments. 

Usually you should judge by the second season. Not much the first.