Nicolas Pepe

Unionjack

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mrs you know what I want. A COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the whole club.

We have always been known for having a strong core of players.

Now we don't!!

I know I set my standards far too high, and my morals seen neanderthal but this group of lads IN GENERAL dont have the quality or passion of a Chelsea team.

I know you agree but I cant see it changing anytime soon.

I know you dont agree with me - I don't mind 475b782257db83dd0410037ed39cd723.gif - but I do think a Sarri system would work.

But we lack that attacking mentality. IF IF IF IF that would change we really could make a go of it.

I am willing to take a hit for a year or two on CL if we do a ground up youth (buy a shit tonne of 18 to 24yo's) rebuild and bring in a flexible, dynamic young coach.

In fact I dont think we would miss out on CL at all if the players you and I rate were purchased.

I am at wit's end with pretty much every level of the club. We seem to be on a suicide mission to nowhere.

There is no way we can win shit (unless a miracle happens in the Carabao Cup v Shitty) with most of the players we have now. Especially with Sarri's ultra rigid 4 3 3 Jorginho-centric nightmare formation.

It is all so terribly unfun to watch us atm.

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am willing to take a hit for a year or two on CL if we do a ground up youth (buy a shit tonne of 18 to 24yo's) rebuild and bring in a flexible, dynamic young coach.

In fact I dont think we would miss out on CL at all if the players you and I rate were purchased.

I am at wit's end with pretty much every level of the club. We seem to be on a suicide mission to nowhere.

There is no way we can win shit (unless a miracle happens in the Carabao Cup v Shitty) with most of the players we have now. Especially with Sarri's ultra rigid 4 3 3 Jorginho-centric nightmare formation.

It is all so terribly unfun to watch us atm.

I just dont understand the reasoning behind us NOT going for these standard of guys.

I know MANY on here seem to think 'its a gamble' and having made mistakes on such n such players we have to be careful but we cant/WONT try to buy off the top shelf andhard to attract them anyway, So this claas of player just seems logical.

Chuck in a couple of academy lads. A couple of ones near or 30+ and you have a good balance.

This class of player are all in form, doing good, def going to be very good, value will rise and seem a gamble worth the risk. If any at all.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I just dont understand the reasoning behind us NOT going for these standard of guys.

I know MANY on here seem to think 'its a gamble' and having made mistakes on such n such players we have to be careful but we cant/WONT try to buy off the top shelf andhard to attract them anyway, So this claas of player just seems logical.

Chuck in a couple of academy lads. A couple of ones near or 30+ and you have a good balance.

This class of player are all in form, doing good, def going to be very good, value will rise and seem a gamble worth the risk. If any at all.

I trust my own instincts on players. Other than Bakayoko (who was really good at both Monaco and now is again at AC Milan) I have picked very few dogs. As soon as Conte was sacked, I knew Moses and Alonso were fucked, as the chances were slim we woukd bring in another manager who played wingbacks. Sure enough, that has come into play. I also figured Azpi would struggle in his new role, as Alonso is horrid defensively,  Azpi has racked up insane minutes over last 4, 5 years, and he never was stellar at progressive RB play (see Cancelo for an archetypal example of what we need there).

I always had doubts over Morata, doubts proven massively correct again. I furthermore predicted doom for Kante in new position, as it took away the best DMF in world from his natural position and has opened us up like a cheap tin of spaghetti in the back.

Wingers, well everyone here knows my thoughts on that.

Too many systemic weaknesses,  amplified by a rigid system that doesn't have players tailor made for it spells doom. The EPL is the most viscous league in the world. Even the worst managers will suss out weaknesses in the best of clubs, something we are far from being.

Extraordinarily frustrating to see the board not address these issues and simply bring in 2 teacher's pets (one well past his prime) to try and paper over massive, multi-year weaknesses.

My head is done in. All I can do is wait, watch, and hope for the best. I hate this feeling.

We have to wonder when Pepe (or any other new winger we get) will play?

IF Eden stays we have 2 30 plusesPully and CHO. PEOPLE are screaming blue murder for CHO to get more time. Enen with one of the 30+ gone Pepe would be the backup. This means CHO would be back to where hi is now.

IF Eden goes we still should use his money for a replacement. We either move Pully to LW and then bring in a Pepe or someone similar.

Or we get rid of both Willian and Pedro and but 2 replacements

Either way it still means CHO not a happy camper.

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We have to wonder when Pepe (or any other new winger we get) will play?

IF Eden stays we have 2 30 plusesPully and CHO. PEOPLE are screaming blue murder for CHO to get more time. Enen with one of the 30+ gone Pepe would be the backup. This means CHO would be back to where hi is now.

IF Eden goes we still should use his money for a replacement. We either move Pully to LW and then bring in a Pepe or someone similar.

Or we get rid of both Willian and Pedro and but 2 replacements

Either way it still means CHO not a happy camper.

Hate to say this but unless they renew, Eden and CHO HAVE to be sold. If they walk on frees that is around £265m in board-induced contractual blunder lost valuation just between Big Nose and those 2. Add in what we will get for Willian subtracted from that £65m Barca turn down and the total lost is £300m or so. Add in Drinkwater and its £350m plus.

That's horrific to our bottom line and our future. It is unreal Marina still has her job, just beyond the pale.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hate to say this but unless theybrenew Eden and CHO HAVE to be sold. If they walk on frees that is around £265m in board-induced contractual blunder lost valuation just between Big Nose and those 2. Add in what we will get for Willian subtracted from that £65m Barca turn down and the total lost is £300m or so. Add in Drinkwater and its £350m plus.

That's horrific to our bottom line and our future. It is unreal Marina still has her job, just beyond the pale.

I know Mrs and it infuriates me it really does.

And whatever we could get for the est of the furniture and its getting on for £1/2B I bet.

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know Mrs and it infuriates me it really does.

And whatever we could get for the est of the furniture and its getting on for £1/2B I bet.

I calculated selling off all but 11 of loan army (keeping 3 to main, 8 out on loan for new max)  and it generates

£250 to £275m

so you are actually a wee UNDER

almost exactly two thirds of a BILLION QUID right there:(

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Fuckin mind boggling Mrs!

What we could do with that!!

Why doesn't Roman know this?

Why hasn't the Granny tight arse done owt about it?

You would honestly think a business woman of her level would be all over doing it.

Most of what the board does footballer wise just boggles my mind. I can TOTALLY understand the Pulisic buy as even if he ends up a semi-middling player, his marketing value is immense, but most of the rest is just enraging. Especially the contractual bungling and the shit desperation buys. Morata, Bats, Bakayoko were calculated gambles that didn't pan out, and we may only lose around £40m or £50m max total, that is just the breaks. But the rest is just insane, not even going back to the horrid sales of KDB, Salah, etc. We turned down £630m in hard offers last summer alone. Wrap yer head around that.

I look at the big, cumulative picture from a medium to long term event horizon, and I assure you, it is not good for my mental state of mind, even worse for my purely emotional mood. I am not a footie executive, but I am a trained financial professional who deals in valuations versus both perceived and real-time self-evident risk measurements, and it drives me absolutely batshit cray.

A wee little deal, Cesc, whose loss (and misuse as he should have been used as 60th, 70th minute lock-picker CMF sub in tight games, THAT part is on Sarri) will surely bite us in the jacobs at some point soon (as we FAILED on both Barella and Paredes), shows that the board was, is, and will be in clown-car mode in perpetuity.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Massive dearth of talent in Ligue1...

You really thinks so?

I think there is a shit tonne of great young players there

also France has blown Brasil away as the best producer nation of top players in my opinion

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You really thinks so?

I think there is a shit tonne of great young players there

also France has blown Brasil away as the best producer nation of top players in my opinion

Which is what I said.

Now edited due to predictive saying dearth instead of wealth.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You