Callum Wilson

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Since Franco pretty much confirmed our interest in Wilson, let's hope that Marina's aim is to do business at a figure somewhere between what you two have in mind. If they do then presumably you'll take back back your 'joke of a club' accusation @Fernando? I think it's best not to criticise the club based on rumours.

Not a chance in hell at that figure mate.

With this supposed price of £75m it makes that original thought of £50m sound cheap!

Run away!!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not a chance in hell at that figure mate.

With this supposed price of £75m it makes that original thought of £50m sound cheap!

Run away!!!!

As I've said a few times in this thread and elsewhere, I wouldn't spend a penny on Wilson. Some will be unhappy with the club if they spend above a certain figure, I'll be unhappy if he is signed at all. 

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

As I've said a few times in this thread and elsewhere, I wouldn't spend a penny on Wilson. Some will be unhappy with the club if they spend above a certain figure, I'll be unhappy if he is signed at all. 

He certainly isn't in any of the options I would like to see us make neither!

If we spent a significant sum on him, it would make him a starter.  Which pushes Hazard out to the left, and makes CHO the 4th choice winger.  Which also means, he won't be getting a spot on the bench, either (Sarri seems to prefer 2 midfielders on the bench).  This doesn't only apply to Wilson, but any striker coming in, which means they have to be good.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If we spent a significant sum on him, it would make him a starter.  Which pushes Hazard out to the left, and makes CHO the 4th choice winger.  Which also means, he won't be getting a spot on the bench, either (Sarri seems to prefer 2 midfielders on the bench).  This doesn't only apply to Wilson, but any striker coming in, which means they have to be good.

CHO is gone, we should face it. And who gives a damn if he is 2nd choice after Hazard or after Willian, CHO will never be a starter here and he has his mind made up anyway. We can not play Hazard out of position any longer as long just to keep CHO. We need a striker badly.

41 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

CHO is gone, we should face it. And who gives a damn if he is 2nd choice after Hazard or after Willian, CHO will never be a starter here and he has his mind made up anyway. We can not play Hazard out of position any longer as long just to keep CHO. We need a striker badly.

I think he is indeed gone, as is Eden, but I do disagree that CHO would not enetually be our starting LW unless we bought Mbappe or Dembele or Leroy Sané or Sterling or Sancho or Vinícius Júnior or Willem Geubbels or Rodrygo or Reiss Nelson or Ismaïla Sarr or Justin Kluivert or Javairô Dilrosun or Steven Bergwijn

Those are the only LWers who are atm both good enough potentially and young enough to hold him long long term and CHO will end up better than more that a few of those

BTW

Ismaïla Sarr FTW in terms of must buys at LW

LW Ismaïla Sarr

CF Luka Jovic

RW Nicolas Pepe

would be terrifying in a year or two

and fucking doable

31 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Oh, I agree that we need a striker.  It's just that us needing a striker and us playing CHO more are in opposition to each other at the moment.

Personally, I don't think we should sell CHO this winter because we are short of wingers, and I think we should get a striker in.  Hazard's contract situation will be played out by then, and we can decide if we want to sell CHO then.  I realize this makes it harder for CHO to get game time, but we are trying to accomplish more important things than keeping CHO happy.

HOWE: NO INTEREST IN WILSON

Eddie Howe says Bournemouth have had no interest in any of their players, including Callum Wilson, who has been linked to Chelsea and West Ham.

3 hours ago, mccg said:

HOWE: NO INTEREST IN WILSON

Eddie Howe says Bournemouth have had no interest in any of their players, including Callum Wilson, who has been linked to Chelsea and West Ham.

Is this really surprising?  Asking 75m for the guy is the same as putting a not for sale sign out.  Why would anyone waste their time at that amount of money?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You