test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

5. Jorginho

Started by Jason,

598 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, the wes said:

The problem is you don't get time on the ball in the PL which Jorginho got in the Italian league every time Jorginho gets the ball in the PL theres a player on him straight away even mourinho said if you stop Jorginho playing Chelsea struggle what to do next there's no plan B with sarri 

Right but check out the movement from the attackers. Also take note the positioning of the other two central midfielders. They are always in space. 

There is an annoying lack of directness from our players compared to those at Napoli. 

kellzfresh likes this

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Right but check out the movement from the attackers. Also take note the positioning of the other two central midfielders. They are always in space. 

There is an annoying lack of directness from our players compared to those at Napoli. 

That's sarri to fix tho I think sarri needs a season the way pep did at city but our board have no patience if sarri can't get CL football next season he will not last till the summer 

kellzfresh likes this

On 06/02/2019 at 5:27 PM, kellzfresh said:

Rio Ferdinand an ex pro at the top level said he cant defend or tackle too 😂

Dont see why the likes of idiotic cunts like Rio Ferdinand, Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas can end up in media roles analysing football... if its based on actual knowledge.. its hugely questionable.

On 06/02/2019 at 5:52 PM, DDA said:

Was watching Sunday Supplement and they casually drop into conversation that Jorginho only passes sideways. It is quite astonishing how easily people fall into the trap of following trend. If you are being paid to analyse football then at the very least you should do is actually watch what you are analysing to proper standard. 

Its ridiculous isnt it?

Journalists and the Likes of Jenas, Ferdinand, Keown, Murphy, Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves... holy shit. Still wont get over Jenas saying Spurs should of gone through against us in that 4-2 cup game because theyre performance was better or whatever pish he was giving it. Semi finals are all about the result. Dickhead. Can tell he won next to fuck all in his career 🤣 

Journalists are always going to have something to say about Jorginho because he plays in Kantes position, who is world class, although Kante has never played as a 6 for Leicester or Chelsea except the games under Conte before the 343. 

kellzfresh and DDA like this

21 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Lol95d01acddc44c0a8ccb16c5a295627b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This player is probably the most indicative of the manager who has bought him. A fraud, has no idea what he is doing and just needs to leave asap

Let's not be silly. Jorginho is a square peg in a round hole in this team, and in this division. 

As part of a double pivot, he could be a very good player for seasons to come. 

Okay, Jorginho doesn't look quite suited to play in the defensive midfielder/regista role in a 4-3-3 but he's getting hung out to dry by Sarri really. It's clear that Jorginho requires someone to work alongside him or at least some sort of tactical tweak to leave him less exposed but Sarri continuously play him in a system that leaves him - and others - get exploited and refuse to make any changes. :doh: 

Dazzy_Vance and Superblue_1986 like this

The biggest worry I have with Jorginho is actually linked to how well Bakayoko has played this season at Milan.

I think that the amount of time and space given on the ball in midfield in Italy is overall huge in comparison to the Premier League and Jorginho is struggling with this.

Bakayoko is very possibly the worst midfielder I've seen at Chelsea in the Roman era and for him to be winning multiple man of the match awards for Milan this season says much more about Serie A in comparison to the Premier League at present.

Whilst he's slow and exposed on his own in midfield defensively, he is still technically a very good footballer. That is clear to see in my opinion. I think given time to adapt to the league he could still be a good player but he needs Kante alongside him in my opinion in a two to cover him. He is being brutally exposed by Sarri's tactics and philosophy at the moment.

DDA, Dazzy_Vance and Vesper like this

17 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest worry I have with Jorginho is actually linked to how well Bakayoko has played this season at Milan.

I think that the amount of time and space given on the ball in midfield in Italy is overall huge in comparison to the Premier League and Jorginho is struggling with this.

Bakayoko is very possibly the worst midfielder I've seen at Chelsea in the Roman era and for him to be winning multiple man of the match awards for Milan this season says much more about Serie A in comparison to the Premier League at present.

Whilst he's slow and exposed on his own in midfield defensively, he is still technically a very good footballer. That is clear to see in my opinion. I think given time to adapt to the league he could still be a good player but he needs Kante alongside him in my opinion in a two to cover him. He is being brutally exposed by Sarri's tactics and philosophy at the moment.

So a 4 2 3 1?

Or a 3 4 3?

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So a 4 2 3 1?

Or a 3 4 3?

Despite our success in the first season under Conte, I've always preferred a back 4 and I think at present we are best suited to playing a 4-2-3-1. 

Although any formation we use, we're still at least 3 players away from being really competitive with our current crop.

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Despite our success in the first season under Conte, I've always preferred a back 4 and I think at present we are best suited to playing a 4-2-3-1. 

Although any formation we use, we're still at least 3 players away from being really competitive with our current crop.

Kepa

Zappacosta                       Rudiger        AC                           Emerson

Kante                    Kovacic

CHO                             Ruben Loftus-Cheek                              Hazard

Higuain

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kepa

Zappacosta                       Rudiger        AC                           Emerson

Kante                    Kovacic

CHO                             Ruben Loftus-Cheek                              Hazard

Higuain

Most of that to me looks more balanced than what we are currently.

I know he isn't playing well at present but I would always put Azpi over Zappacosta.

If we're to the point where Zappacosta is a good or our best option, we're in big trouble in my opinion.

I'm a big advocate for bringing Reece James back in the summer and giving him sufficient minutes to be given the opportunity to become first choice right back over Azpi in the next 12 - 18 months from the summer. 

Kovacic and Jorginho should be able to rotate in that role as 'deep playmaker' and I actually think against some of the lower teams especially at home that Kovacic and Jorginho could potentially play together as Kovacic has it in him to be more defensively minded and make tackles.

RLC I would give a chance in that position with more licence to play higher up the pitch. Barkley I would see as a bit of a utility player who could rotate with RLC and potentially play as one of the deeper midfielders too.

Vesper likes this