Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You could use that line for half our roster. The club hold onto some players for far too long.  

The Delac situation sums the club up, unfortunately

And the great ones we sell for shit

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I will NEVER get over the KDB sale

Lukaku, meh, Salah was a mistake but NO ONE on planet predicted he would go for 44 goals, lolol

Thiago Mendes in August 2005 ( right after our best team EVER!, my favourite all time team) was my first taste of WTF, and I was 13 then and cried like a baby,cuz he was one of my fav players

Mourinho still says it was one of biggest mistakes he made

AND

we took a 50% LOSS (bought for 15m,sold for 10m) after one year, a good year too he had!

tiago-507500.jpgThiago.jpg

And the great ones we sell for shit

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I will NEVER get over the KDB sale

Lukaku, meh, Salah was a mistake but NO ONE on planet predicted he would go for 44 goals, lolol

Thiago Mendes in August 2005 ( right after our best team EVER!, my favourite all time team) was my first taste of WTF, and I was 13 then and cried like a baby,cuz he was one of my fav players

Mourinho still says it was one of biggest mistakes he made

AND

we took a 50% LOSS (bought for 15m,sold for 10m) after one year, a good year too he had!

tiago-507500.jpgThiago.jpg

One thing in common.... Mourinho.

He has no patience for youth and it looks like Martial/Rashford could suffer a similar fate.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

One thing in common, Mourinho.

He has no patience for youth and it looks like Martial/Rashford could suffer a similar fate.

Seeing Claude Makélélé made me year up just now, he and Lamps are my favourite footballers ever

LOVED those kits too, that shade of blue, and so clean

HAPPY TIMES!

3C12AE1C00000578-0-image-a-105_148421899

2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Daniele Rugani destined to stay at Juventus, claim Sky Italy. 

Would not bother me. We do not need him. People are assuming Luiz will not be part of the plans because he missed a lot of games last season, however he suits Sarri's style perfectly and I think Sarri can get the best out of Luiz, like Conte did in his first season and as things stand I would bank on Luiz being a starter for us on our opening game of the season. Then we have Christensen and Rudiger also. Cahill is a good back up to have in the team as 3/4 choice and then there is Zouma who looks on his way out, however until one of our CB leaves, I don't see why we are pursuing Rugani for this amount of money, especially as I don't think he is better than Luiz, Rudiger and Christensen and the levels is very marginal. If it was Koulibaly then I could understand.

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

I would we sign a quality right back and move Azpi to centre back if possible... The amount quoted for him is outrageous...

We need a LB far more than a RB, I do not want to have to move Azpi back to CB except in emergencies.

Plus, there are not that many good available RB's out there atm

Sime Vrsaljko is on verge of signing with Inter, who desperately need a RB, even worse than we need a LB.You saw today that D'Ambrosio is not up to a level they need, and they have no one in backup. João Cancelo went to Juve permanently after Inter had him on loan.

Elseid Hysaj is a no go for us as we have that damn no-raid deal with Napoli. He (obviously) was wanted by Sarri, but the agreement to not touch Napoli scuppers that.

Djibril Sidibé will more than likely go to AM to replace Sime Vrsaljko

Thomas Meunier has said he will only leave PSG for Barca, who are interested as they have moved Sergi Roberto back to MF, leaving them only Nélson Semedo, with no backup (unless you count Roberto)

Only other remotely available RB of top quality is Benjamin Henrichs, who I really want us to sign, and sell Zappacosta, but it is not going to happen. I have seen zero links with him for us in ages.

All the other good RB's either already were purchased thsi window or are not for sale, thats why we have had so many teams asking about Zappacosta. I f no one from that list above comes in, we are crazy to sell him now. I would love Joe Gomez from LPool, as he is only 19 and has HUGE upside potential, and is also a CB, BUT the scousers will never sell him atm. He is eventually (a year or two max) to their other CB to pair with VVD.

Benjamin Henrichs 'wants to leave Bayer Leverkusen'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/bayer-leverkusen/transfer-talk/news/henrichs-wants-to-leave-leverkusen_330155.html

As for Rugani, I am pretty sold on him (unlike many here who are not, lolol), but £45m is too too high. Juve originally priced him at only 30m euros, but that was for Serie A clubs. Juve always will try and rape EPL teams, look at the Alex Sandro nightmare we had (GRRR, that is devastating we didn't get him), has so fucked us up now) Real Madrid also want Rugani pretty badly (that came out from Perez 2 days ago) and he will go there before us. They really needs another CB (worse than us), as Nacho is shit for backup, and the cuntish Ramos is 33 next March. Rugani is a great match to pair with Varane when Ramos really starts to slow down, as he is more expansive with the ball, whilst Varane is best CB in the world (IMHO, and I think I have been proven right based on the WC), partially for the reason he is a stellar in the box defender.

Sarri is convinced Rugani is perfect for his system,other than his real wish (and mine) the impossible to get Koulibaly. He doesnt rate two great CB's, Stefan Savic and Konstantinos Manolas as been a good fit for Sarriball (Idefer to him on that).

My other choices would be 

Benjamin Pavard (who is a Azpi clone inasmuch that he is also a combo RB/CB type, and great with the forward distribution and crossing. He also can score (he won goal of the WC as evidence). He has signed a pre-contract for next year with Bayern, but now apparently is having 2nd thoughts.

and

Mattia Caldara, Rugani's teammate, who is, IMHO, better than Rugani, He is good enough to start for 98% of most teams. Do not know Sarri's opinion on him.

There are others I rate,(Malang Sarr of Nice, a great 19yo, Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax, 18yo but insane asking price of £55m, Dayot Upamecano, of RB Leipzig, 19yo too) but they are not perhaps the right type for our system. Hopefully Luiz comes good yet again.

Caldara vs Rugani: analogie, differenze, prospettive future

https://www.juventibus.com/caldara-vs-rugani/

rB8RDlqo1pWATKH_AAFUm0WCx6Y387.jpg

The collective euphoria generated around the Ronaldo case has made the final landing of Mattia Caldara under the bridge , which has successfully completed his apprenticeship at the Atalanta and in the next season will be part of the Juventus defense central battery. Impossible, in this sense, not to think about the fate of Daniele Rugani ; the company has always taken away from the market proving to believe a lot in him, but on balance the former Empoli has never been essential and in the last season he found himself closed by the exploit of Benatia and the choices of Allegri, who for a long time he kept it out even in the most affordable competitions.

In the next season, with the advancing age and the consequent ailments of Chiellini and Barzagli, Juventus will need a third full-time defender , who can guarantee a high return in case of turnover or forfeit of one of the first choices. Imagining a very young Caldara-Rugani couple to go to the Champions League in the Champions League remains frankly difficult, more likely that the two are used separately together with one between Chiellini and Benatia. We have therefore tried to ask ourselves the following questions: what do they look like and what does Caldara and Rugani differ ? What are their main characteristics? Do they really have the chance to break into Juventus?

As in the duel between Cancelo and his equal role , let's start from the obvious, an initial mirror useful as a function of the following analysis:

caldara-rugani-begin.jpg

The path of the two 24-year-old power stations, similar in physical structure , has been decidedly different so far: both made their debut in Serie A in 2014, but while Caldara was sent to bore between Trapani and Cesena, Rugani found a mine in Sarri Golden and was unmissable owner in the newly promoted season of the Empoli in A. In fact, the now former Atalantino has tasted the highest national limelight only in the 2016/17 season , while Rugani had already two years of Juventus (experienced in fits and starts, it must be said), since it is also reflected in the national presence of the two. The excellent propensity to score for both boys stands out, impressive the average of Caldara, a ruling on inactive balls, good numbers for Rugani to which must be added a goal in the Champions League against Dinamo Zagreb. Let's add, the decision of Juventus to leave Caldara for a second year in Bergamo allowed the boy to taste important European stages like Lyon and Dortmund, a possibility that would have difficult to have in black and white, as emerges from the few international presences accumulated by Rugani.

Let's go a little deeper to find out how they play the role of the two power stations:

caldara-rugani-def.jpg

The general impressions of the insiders are confirmed by the statistics: compared to Rugani, Caldara is a much more aggressive defender in every facet , an attitude amplified by the defensive attitude desired by Gasperini, who from this point of view urges much more rearguard, a situation that also explains how the new Juventus acquisition has suffered double the dribbling compared to the former Empoli, a fact that does not worry if adequately contextualized. If Caldara from this point of view is more like Chiellini , repeatedly invoked by the same player as a reference model, Rugani looks a lot more like Barzagli, of which resumes the Olympic cleanliness and calm, sometimes mistaken for lack of personality. In perspective, an absolutely complementary central couple.

Let's move on to the numbers under management of the ball :

caldara-rugani-pass.jpg

Said of the structural and game differences between Atalanta and Juve, it should be noted that Caldara is by far the defender least involved in the maneuver of the Goddess , even with a% of successful steps similar to those of Masiello and Toloi, while Rugani has always been a central accustomed to play many balls , just behind Benatia and in front of Chiellini in the top 3 of Juventus. Beware, however, to label Caldara as a rough defender and not very skilled with his feet; despite making almost twice the long casts compared to Rugani, the two percentages of successful launches are very similar , in practice both defenders hit almost a long ball on 2.

Caldara and Rugani are not mutually exclusive, not in the near future ; the identity card plays in their favour, as well as the propensity to injure the other Juventus power stations will free him from the space that will have to be very good to exploit, considering that for a defensive center is much more difficult to convince playing hiccups than many other roles. The strict actuality, however, puts us in front of a further dilemma: what will be the hierarchies within the couple in the next season? Allegri will alternate them according to the needs and the minutes they need or will relegate one to fourth / fifth choice of the department? From here passes the growth, and perhaps the explosion, of the two boys.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Caldara vs Rugani: analogie, differenze, prospettive future

https://www.juventibus.com/caldara-vs-rugani/

rB8RDlqo1pWATKH_AAFUm0WCx6Y387.jpg

The collective euphoria generated around the Ronaldo case has made the final landing of Mattia Caldara under the bridge , which has successfully completed his apprenticeship at the Atalanta and in the next season will be part of the Juventus defense central battery. Impossible, in this sense, not to think about the fate of Daniele Rugani ; the company has always taken away from the market proving to believe a lot in him, but on balance the former Empoli has never been essential and in the last season he found himself closed by the exploit of Benatia and the choices of Allegri, who for a long time he kept it out even in the most affordable competitions.

In the next season, with the advancing age and the consequent ailments of Chiellini and Barzagli, Juventus will need a third full-time defender , who can guarantee a high return in case of turnover or forfeit of one of the first choices. Imagining a very young Caldara-Rugani couple to go to the Champions League in the Champions League remains frankly difficult, more likely that the two are used separately together with one between Chiellini and Benatia. We have therefore tried to ask ourselves the following questions: what do they look like and what does Caldara and Rugani differ ? What are their main characteristics? Do they really have the chance to break into Juventus?

As in the duel between Cancelo and his equal role , let's start from the obvious, an initial mirror useful as a function of the following analysis:

caldara-rugani-begin.jpg

The path of the two 24-year-old power stations, similar in physical structure , has been decidedly different so far: both made their debut in Serie A in 2014, but while Caldara was sent to bore between Trapani and Cesena, Rugani found a mine in Sarri Golden and was unmissable owner in the newly promoted season of the Empoli in A. In fact, the now former Atalantino has tasted the highest national limelight only in the 2016/17 season , while Rugani had already two years of Juventus (experienced in fits and starts, it must be said), since it is also reflected in the national presence of the two. The excellent propensity to score for both boys stands out, impressive the average of Caldara, a ruling on inactive balls, good numbers for Rugani to which must be added a goal in the Champions League against Dinamo Zagreb. Let's add, the decision of Juventus to leave Caldara for a second year in Bergamo allowed the boy to taste important European stages like Lyon and Dortmund, a possibility that would have difficult to have in black and white, as emerges from the few international presences accumulated by Rugani.

Let's go a little deeper to find out how they play the role of the two power stations:

caldara-rugani-def.jpg

The general impressions of the insiders are confirmed by the statistics: compared to Rugani, Caldara is a much more aggressive defender in every facet , an attitude amplified by the defensive attitude desired by Gasperini, who from this point of view urges much more rearguard, a situation that also explains how the new Juventus acquisition has suffered double the dribbling compared to the former Empoli, a fact that does not worry if adequately contextualized. If Caldara from this point of view is more like Chiellini , repeatedly invoked by the same player as a reference model, Rugani looks a lot more like Barzagli, of which resumes the Olympic cleanliness and calm, sometimes mistaken for lack of personality. In perspective, an absolutely complementary central couple.

Let's move on to the numbers under management of the ball :

caldara-rugani-pass.jpg

Said of the structural and game differences between Atalanta and Juve, it should be noted that Caldara is by far the defender least involved in the maneuver of the Goddess , even with a% of successful steps similar to those of Masiello and Toloi, while Rugani has always been a central accustomed to play many balls , just behind Benatia and in front of Chiellini in the top 3 of Juventus. Beware, however, to label Caldara as a rough defender and not very skilled with his feet; despite making almost twice the long casts compared to Rugani, the two percentages of successful launches are very similar , in practice both defenders hit almost a long ball on 2.

Caldara and Rugani are not mutually exclusive, not in the near future ; the identity card plays in their favour, as well as the propensity to injure the other Juventus power stations will free him from the space that will have to be very good to exploit, considering that for a defensive center is much more difficult to convince playing hiccups than many other roles. The strict actuality, however, puts us in front of a further dilemma: what will be the hierarchies within the couple in the next season? Allegri will alternate them according to the needs and the minutes they need or will relegate one to fourth / fifth choice of the department? From here passes the growth, and perhaps the explosion, of the two boys.

We were linked with Benjamin Henrichs back in May...check again and as for left back I am pretty content with Emerson... He will play sarriball...Ghoulam had same issue he has right now when sarri took over Napoli...We need attacking reinforcements more than defensive additions... Goals wins you games...

29 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

We were linked with Benjamin Henrichs back in May...check again and as for left back I am pretty content with Emerson... He will play sarriball...Ghoulam had same issue he has right now when sarri took over Napoli...We need attacking reinforcements more than defensive additions... Goals wins you games...

I SO want to believe in Emerson as the answer, but I have not seen enough so far to alleviate my fears. I am absolutely not ready to write him off yet, but I do have concerns. Alonso is another story. I am 75% of the way to saying he isn't up to the task. At RB, if Azpi goes down we are fucked.

That's why I said at this point signing a right back seems the right choice...I don't know the reason sarri is hellbent on Rugani...

Because he managed him at Empoli, and he is very expansive in his distribution. It is why Real Madrid wants him so badly too. He is a good foil to Varane in their case.

The best ball playing CB's now of the top 50 (in no order)

Kalidou Koulibaly (and is 2nd best CB in the world IMHO, only Varane is better)

John Stones (but is weak as a pure defender)

Marquinhos Key player for Brasil in 2022, he will be captain and leader of their back 4

Aymeric Laporte (best player in the world atm with ZERO caps, was criminal France picked Adil Rami over him, IF Varane or Umtiti had been injured early, I am not  sure they would won WC, although Presnel Kimpembe probably could have done the job as well as Laporte, France is so deep that even though they had had injuries in FB too (Mendy still not fully recovered and Sidibe hurt as well, they had a natural CB in Pavard swing over to RB, where he was a revelation)

David Luiz (but same story as Stones, can be weak defensively)

Virgil van Dijk (same type player as Koulibaly, big, fast, great distributor, thank god LPool doesn't have both or they would terrifying, put Coutinho back and add KK on that team, they would do the Treble, I am convinced, unless Firmino got hurt,as he is all they have for good striker, but what a striker to have)

Gerard Piquét (bellend, but cannot deny his great ball skills)

Andreas Christensen  he is going to KILL it in Sarriball

Alessio Romagnoli  I gave up on us getting him 2 years ago, AC Milan will never sell, not unless someone waves 80 to 100m in their face, and I also have not seen him take it to top ten level I was sure he would, but give him time

Clément Lenglet   Piquét's heir apparent, superb on the ball 22yo CB

Harry Maguire has come on like gangbusters,WC is just more evidence

Leonardo Bonucci  years of evidence on him

after those 12 (we could argue over a couple others I didnt add)

Daniele Rugani is probably next or near next for ball playing CB's  (I HATE Otamendi, please dont ask me to stick him in here, lolol, he is far too shitty on defence)

I think you see a trait in all this, as Man City, Barca, Napoli (KK's partner Raúl Albiol is great on the ball as well), and now us in Sarriball are all expansive teams with ball playing CB's

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Because he managed him at Empoli, and he is very expansive in his distribution. It is why Real Madrid wants him so badly too. He is a good foil to Varane in their case.

The best ball playing CB's now of the top 50 (in no order)

Kalidou Koulibaly (and is 2nd best CB in the world IMHO, only Varane is better)

John Stones (but is weak as a pure defender)

Marquinhos Key player for Brasil in 2022, he will be captain and leader of their back 4

Aymeric Laporte (best player in the world atm with ZERO caps, was criminal France picked Adil Rami over him, IF Varane or Umtiti had been injured early, I am not  sure they would won WC, although Presnel Kimpembe probably could have done the job as well as Laporte, France is so deep that even though they had had injuries in FB too (Mendy still not fully recovered and Sidibe hurt as well, they had a natural CB in Pavard swing over to RB, where he was a revelation)

David Luiz (but same story as Stones, can be weak defensively)

Virgil van Dijk (same type player as Koulibaly, big, fast, great distributor, thank god LPool doesn't have both or they would terrifying, put Coutinho back and add KK on that team, they would do the Treble, I am convinced, unless Firmino got hurt,as he is all they have for good striker, but what a striker to have)

Gerard Piquét (bellend, but cannot deny his great ball skills)

Andreas Christensen  he is going to KILL it in Sarriball

Alessio Romagnoli  I gave up on us getting him 2 years ago, AC Milan will never sell, not unless someone waves 80 to 100m in their face, and I also have not seen him take it to top ten level I was sure he would, but give him time

Clément Lenglet   Piquét's heir apparent, superb on the ball 22yo CB

Harry Maguire has come on like gangbusters,WC is just more evidence

Leonardo Bonucci  years of evidence on him

after those 12 (we could argue over a couple others I didnt add)

Daniele Rugani is probably next or near next for ball playing CB's  (I HATE Otamendi, please dont ask me to stick him in here, lolol, he is far too shitty on defence)

I think you see a trait in all this, as Man City, Barca, Napoli (KK's partner Raúl Albiol is great on the ball as well), and now us in Sarriball are all expansive teams with ball playing CB's

With due respect to their ball playing abilities...if as a defender u can't do the basics then I can't fancy the manner of defender u are...I am not against strengthening the back line but am against paying that exorbitant amount for an unproven defender when our primary weakness is the front line we have players that can be useful and adapt to sarriball in our central defensive position...

By the way what can you say about Thilo Kehrer...also a sensational ball playing defender that won't cost shit loads of fund...can also play as central defensive midfielder... Barcelona are repeatedly after him...

What allot are ignoring is what Sarri wants.

You're thinking like our board that we can get thru with what we have. Sarri knows exactly what his sides need and if he wants to bring in a lad from the Korowai tribe i would let him

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

What allot are ignoring is what Sarri wants.

You're thinking like our board that we can get thru with what we have. Sarri knows exactly what his sides need and if he wants to bring in a lad from the Korowai tribe i would let him

nobody is ignoring what he wants...If its another proven quality centre back ala Koulibaly I am all for that but Rugani at the reported 50m while Juventus are interested in selling same the player not willing to move...unfortunately Koulibaly is a no go area..

Our primary weakness is deep lying play-maker and a quality right winger...now the club addressed the former in Jorginho while the latter has never been improved..am afraid with our current squad I cant see us making top 4 due to lack of goal scores...goals wins you games not defenders...

That's why I said at this point signing a right back seems the right choice...I don't know the reason sarri is hellbent on Rugani...

BTW, what RB would you sign?

I am hoping for MASSIVE things in 2,3 years from our Dujon Sterling

I have listed the options all over the board, it is slim pickings

here are 2 more I never mentioned (I think)

Mario Gaspar  from Villarreal 

Date of Birth (Age): Nov 24, 1990    (27) <<< not the ideal age for a sub, as he is at peak of career and wont be interested I fear in being Azpi understudy after being big man at Villarreal for 7,8 years (he is from their Academy) maybe Fabregas can play pimp, LOLOL

Place of Birth:  Spain, Novelda

Nationality:  Spain Spain

Height: 1,80 m

Position: Right-Back

Agent: Toreta d.o.o.

Former international:  Spain

Caps/Goals: 3/2

Lukas Klostermann   RB Leipzig <<< many teams sniffing around him, he is PISSED Leipzig brought in my number one young RB I wanted for us, Nordi Mukiele, who is a fucking badass 20 yo, Leipzig stole him for only £14m from Montpellier

Date of Birth (Age): Jun 3, 1996    (22) <<<< perfect age

Place of Birth:  Germany, Herdecke

Nationality:  Germany Germany

Height: 1,89 m great height

Position: Right-Back <<<<<<<<< can play LB too

Agent: EMG Mundial

Current international:  Germany

Caps/Goals: 12/2

5 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

nobody is ignoring what he wants...If its another proven quality centre back ala Koulibaly I am all for that but Rugani at the reported 50m while Juventus are interested in selling same the player not willing to move...unfortunately Koulibaly is a no go area..

Our primary weakness is deep lying play-maker and a quality right winger...now the club addressed the former in Jorginho while the latter has never been improved..am afraid with our current squad I cant see us making top 4 due to lack of goal scores...goals wins you games not defenders...

But if the players we have in a position wont work well then they need upgrading or changing to ones that will

Its painfully obvious that not only our RAM needs changing but not one of our strikers have the mentality to be any good.

We have guys on here that reckon we are good enough or just replace Willian. But what we need takes money or a long time and I dont think Sarri will get either

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You