test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,095 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I think we just have to say no to Bayern and play him the rest of the season.  What's the point of a buy back clause when selling him to Bayern?  They may not be RM but they are a pretty big club and if he made it there why would he be interested in coming back?  If he doesn't make it there, would we really want to take up the buy back?  

I've said before I think this is most likely agent/advisor shenanigans to get a higher pay packet in this contract offer.  It's possible he really does have concerns over chances here, he's probably right to have them, but Bayern as the choice destination for play time seems unreal.  Maybe he's insanely confident in himself but still, expecting more playing time there then here seems fanciful.  I don't know, it just doesn't make sense.

The way Salihamidzic talked, Bayern looks seriously interested in CHO. Going public and all that, it doesnt happen often. To me it sounds Chelsea doesnt want to sell, but Bayern going public to add more pressure on us because everyone will talk about it and it might impress CHO. 

Robben and Ribery are off, and its likely Bayern wont be signing any other wingers which means huge chance for CHO, since their squad is constantly injured. Add #10, nice wage and most importantly Sancho talking to CHO how great buli is etc, Odoi might be persuaded.

Mbappe and Sancho have been just talents with no experience and in span of couple months, they became undisputed starters at age of 18. Odoi has talent and seems to have good character, so there is big chance he can do it too. He is also very direct which is the difference. Not just flashy tricks and dribbles, but he actualy makes things happen.

From our perspective, it will probably huge mistake and big loss, but I can see why CHO would want to move. Look at Musonda or Christensen who decided to stay and compare to Ake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

BUT if we lose Hazard too in the summer, then the board is going beyond everything stupid they did. This would be monumental fuck up then if we lost one of best LWs in the world and super talented LW youth product. 

This scenario is DEAD AHEAD.:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Chelsea star Arjen Robben urges Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich

https://talksport.com/football/473011/arjen-robben-hudson-odoi-quit-chelsea/

 

Arjen Robben has urged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich.

Bayern have submitted multiple bids for the Chelsea teenager and have made no secret about their wish to recruit the talented winger.

Their latest offer is believed to be in the region of £35million but the Blues appear reluctant to sell one of their best young talents.

The German club’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic on Wednesday said the 18-year-old has the qualities his side want, appearing to confirm their interest.

Former Chelsea star Robben also spoke highly of Hudson-Odoi in a recent interview.

 

snip

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Former Chelsea star Arjen Robben urges Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich

https://talksport.com/football/473011/arjen-robben-hudson-odoi-quit-chelsea/

 

Arjen Robben has urged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join Bayern Munich.

Bayern have submitted multiple bids for the Chelsea teenager and have made no secret about their wish to recruit the talented winger.

Their latest offer is believed to be in the region of £35million but the Blues appear reluctant to sell one of their best young talents.

The German club’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic on Wednesday said the 18-year-old has the qualities his side want, appearing to confirm their interest.

Former Chelsea star Robben also spoke highly of Hudson-Odoi in a recent interview.

 

snip

fuck off Robben, we are not going to get bullied by your club, forget it

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MUTU said:

How reliable is DailyMail for Chelsea news?

We call it the Daily Fail, so no not really.

However if CHO leaves, it's all on Sarri's head and with the amount of anger and pressure growing on him at the moment, this is NOT a good idea.

MUTU likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mana said:

We call it the Daily Fail, so no not really.

However if CHO leaves, it's all on Sarri's head and with the amount of anger and pressure growing on him at the moment, this is NOT a good idea.

Nice, we call it the Daily Fail too, but was wondering if it was more reliable towards news regarding local clubs. In fact they call it a buy-back clause but then describe a first-option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't think it's Sarri fault. It's the board fault for not having agreed a new contract a while. Look at how we let other contract drag?

To me Sarri has been doing great with giving time to CHO giving his age. That's about the right away to ease him into the club. 

But the problem here is the board and the contracts. 

I agree. I can't get why influential players, and future stars can't get an extention. The club was quick to give Alonso a new one...

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yeboii said:

I agree. I can't get why influential players, and future stars can't get an extention. The club was quick to give Alonso a new one...

Simple, Alonso is not great and no top team would want him. So if you give him something he will gladly take it. 

But the influential players the board can't get it right.....So it's obvious the demands are not being met.

I wonder if it's true that Hazard never signed because he sees no vision and ambition from the club.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MUTU said:

 

We must be fucking stupid.

If he goes to Bayern and does well why would Bayern sell, a sell on fee is ridiculous. Also a buy back, again if does well why would he consider leaving Bayern who are one of the top 5 clubs on the planet, where they see him as a starter clearly?

Daily mail or not, quite believe those demands 😂 idotic as per usual for our club.

Vesper and xPetrCechx like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

We must be fucking stupid.

If he goes to Bayern and does well why would Bayern sell, a sell on fee is ridiculous. Also a buy back, again if does well why would he consider leaving Bayern who are one of the top 5 clubs on the planet, where they see him as a starter clearly?

Daily mail or not, quite believe those demands 😂 idotic as per usual for our club.

Yes, it may backfire if he turns out to be of hazard caliber, but I think the club does not think that he will. I suspect they think he may become a very good player, but are not quite sure how good.

This is a good writeup: https://www.lovesportradio.com/news/love-sport-exclusives/callum-hudson-odoi-transfer-a-no-lose-situation-for-chelsea-pat-nevin-explains-why/

I can agree 100% with this bit - I've seen countless prospects (called the next [insert famous player name]) who fail to take that so important final step:

Quote

“The likelihood is that he’ll do very very well, but there’s no absolute certainty of that yet. 

The final steps are the hardest ones. Getting to that very top level is the hardest step of all. It’s as hard as almost all the other ones put together. 

“[Callum] has done really well. He would learn if he stayed at Chelsea, and he would do perfectly well going to Bayern Munich as well.

“If Chelsea keep him then they will know by this time next year if he is going to be good enough and he will know himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DDA said:

Beyond bored with this now. I am soo dissapointed in CHO making these demands and stretching them out for this long. Just crack on and let us get on with our football.

Me too. Callum is immensely talented, but it seems like he is believing his own hype and is looking at the likes of Sancho at Dortmund and thinking he should be getting more opportunities. If I'm honest, I would like to see him work for his opportunities here, if he is the big Chelsea fan that he says he is. Is there a sense of self-entitlement here, perhaps? 

DDA, kc_blue and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jadon Sancho has encouraged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join him in the Bundesliga amid reports the Chelsea winger wants to move to Bayern Munich.

He told the Daily Mail: "Everyone has different pathways. Me and Callum are close friends. I know what he's all about.

"He's the next one I would say. He's very good and talented, fast, good dribbling skills. And I've told him the Bundesliga is a nice league. I just told him to do whatever is best for him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, the wes said:

Jadon Sancho has encouraged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join him in the Bundesliga amid reports the Chelsea winger wants to move to Bayern Munich.

He told the Daily Mail: "Everyone has different pathways. Me and Callum are close friends. I know what he's all about.

"He's the next one I would say. He's very good and talented, fast, good dribbling skills. And I've told him the Bundesliga is a nice league. I just told him to do whatever is best for him."

"I just told him to do whatever is best for him" = has encouraged Callum Hudson-Odoi to join him in the Bundesliga......

These headlines 

milan.cech likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2019 at 7:42 PM, MUTU said:

Nice, we call it the Daily Fail too, but was wondering if it was more reliable towards news regarding local clubs. In fact they call it a buy-back clause but then describe a first-option.

The Telegraph, especially Matt Law, is usually rock solid.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT

MUTU likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum Hudson-Odoi urged to quit Chelsea by Jadon Sancho and join him in Germany

The talented youngster could leave Stamford Bridge and follow Sancho to the Bundesliga

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/callum-hudson-odoi-urged-quit-13852549

 

little fucker:rant:

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.