Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh we might have alternatives but it's a whole other question whether this incompetent board can pull off the deal. Might end up with Jack Rodwell on deadline day!

Mark Noble.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, lucio said:

this is why we won't progress as a club, missing a chance to bring in genuine quality , because we have players like moses and pedro who "can do a job"

We so so need to sell Moses, where is he going to play? No more WB, and Azpi and Zappa ahead of him at RB, I think, unless we sell Zappa.

We will never get more for him that right now.

Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev claims the club have beaten off competition from Chelsea to sign Aleksandr Golovin.

"This afternoon Monaco and CSKA Moscow finally agreed the transfer of Golovin," Vasilyev told Sport Express.

"Our main competitor was Chelsea. I believe that Monaco offered more favourable conditions for the club and a more understandable project for the player.

"Chelsea is a top club, who I treat with great respect, but the midfield is overloaded. In my opinion, Aleksandr can definitely play in any of the leading clubs in the world. But it will take him some more time, he is in a transition stage."

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

What are the odds that we'll end up with only Jorginho and Rob Green as our summer signings? 

Nah, there will 100% be a last minute panic buy. Who knows which position.

Given the price being quoted it would have been a very smart piece of business. I wonder, if his biggest concern was gametime coupled with Monaco's interest in him, if we couldn't have come to an agreement to buy him and loan him to Monaco for next season just to appease him.

He is definitely the sort of person I see in a couple of years time us being interested in at 2-3 times the price Monaco are paying.

ef7abae211409c118a93e525e5068223.gif

Oh yes. What a pity. So disappointing!!

Bollox. This would have been amazing.

Just goes to show his sister,mum,gran and fuckin team mates knew jack shit.

So who is going to sign Savic just to plunge the dagger deeper into my cold Blue heart.

39 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Disappointing, however midfield is the area we don't really need to worry about too much. We have umpteen options across the midfield three.

and most of them are terrible

i feel he wanted to join us. but there is only a certain time anyone should wait before getting the impression somebody is not really interested in them. we give out that impression a lot I think with Marina in charge of these matters..taking vacations during the transfer window..the time when she is needed to work most.

You guys will probably crucify me here but to me this Golovin guy has just looked like an anorexic version of RLC with better set pieces (and we got enough free kick takers already) . Both like to dribble are skilfull nice to watch on the ball but have modest end product. RLC at least has proven hinself in a bigger league, is settled in London, has played big teams regularly. Golovin has just been a dim light in a very poor russian team and invisible vs the big sides. Midfield is fine for me. Barkley looks fit and once he regains match sharpness in his mind too i am sure he will be at least the player he was before his injury, Jorginho will be a hit too. Fabregas and RLC are luxury back ups.

4 hours ago, lucio said:

and most of them are terrible

I'd quite happily say Jorginho-Kante is the best CM pairing in the league. It's about time we gave RLC a chance; Bakayoko will also improve, Fabregas can still do a job there, and Barkley looks fit and powerful.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

You guys will probably crucify me here but to me this Golovin guy has just looked like an anorexic version of RLC with better set pieces (and we got enough free kick takers already) . Both like to dribble are skilfull nice to watch on the ball but have modest end product. RLC at least has proven hinself in a bigger league, is settled in London, has played big teams regularly. Golovin has just been a dim light in a very poor russian team and invisible vs the big sides. Midfield is fine for me. Barkley looks fit and once he regains match sharpness in his mind too i am sure he will be at least the player he was before his injury, Jorginho will be a hit too. Fabregas and RLC are luxury back ups.

Gonna crucify me even more then. I don't think loftus cheek has the mentality for a big club and I don't think he's good enough for us. Hope he proved me wrong but I can't see it

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You