test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

1,275 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think today was one of his better performances this season, although he still looks well short, but I’ve never ever seen a profession footballer unnecessarily kick the ball with the outside of his foot so many times when he could have just done it with the inside of his foot. I mean he must have given it away about 10 times alone doing that. And I seen somewhere on here they gave him a 9/10 rating? Seriously? 

Yeah, I had to re-read that headline on the main page.  9/10?  Really?  Does everyone get a 9 then?  He wasn't a passenger today.  Stole the ball once.

OneMoSalah likes this

As much as I still feel he can turn good, he will have to work harder. 

His confidence is low, it makes very hard to play football.

But that is no excuse to just stroll around all the time.

This mofo is a DM/B2B and he has to start chasing after every ball near him, not jog like he is on fucking vacation. 

If he was good at marking, he wouldnt need to run, but he is always in wrong position, so there is no other way.

Unionjack likes this

Seems way more fitted now.

Still far from great but at least he is not making those silly ball control erros and is marking a bit more.

Hope he can you his game up even more

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Have been beyond critical of him this campaign...played a decent match today though. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

Have been beyond critical of him this campaign...played a decent match today though. 

giphy.gif

I didn't think Pogba played too bad. His passing was pretty good.and more helpful going forward than what we had. Still need a creative B"B CM partner for the wee baldy man as a priority IMO

Still concerned a bit, he has played a bit better than he has done in the last few weeks but for somebody who played as a more defensive minded player at Monaco the amount of times he let Pogba run off the back of him yesterday and even his carelessness of picking folk up at set plays was a major major issue.

I still don't think he understands the whole box to box role, he never seems to truly know when to run forward and when to reign in it and it has been a common thing all season, along with mediocre ball retention, poor distribution and giving away constant fouls when there is no need. Next season might be different but I think we can do better and still thought we could of done better than him last summer. Whoever is in charge next season needs to light a fire under his arse at pre-season and say look if you don't improve 10 fold your not going to play/going to be sold because there are a hell of a lot of better players out there and for 40m its just not good enough to play maybe 3 or 4 games to a reasonable standard. He has shown he has something more than what we have seen recently but the impression hes left on me is that he thinks hes "made it" or that he can just coast games because he plays for Chelsea, we struggled enough in MF this season so for him to sit doing that, its so so so frustrating. Even Cesc struggles defensively but yesterday he actually did a job for us I thought and going forward he always offered something. So defos food for thought and even then we will 100% be looking into MF signings this summer, Drinkwater not good enough although he hasn't necessarily been overly poor in limited minutes but hes not better than Marco van Ginkel, although he cost about 27m more. Cesc has shown he can still play in a 3 man MF but hes not getting younger. Mason Mount is a promising youngster but I think he will make a mistake to reject a loan move to Ajax which is heavily being mentioned to sit on the bench here. 

Mufassir08 and Unionjack like this

25 minutes ago, manpe said:

SELL SELL SELL! He's 23, not a youngster anymore... He isn't going to suddenly develop acceptable level of technique. Can't imagine him fitting in a Sarri team at all. Just a waste of non-HG space.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I just dont think he has a very good footballing head on his shoulders. He doesnt seem to know where to go, up or down the field. He doesnt seem to have a 2nd gear, no proper intensity, OK he can make a good pass if hes got all the time in the world but hes useless under pressure. Just missing all the qualities that a box to box CM needs IMHO.

Problem I see is we will try to get back what we paid for him and as per others we have on our Wonky Donkey list we overpaid for him because of 1 overhyped season

I hope we manage to get Golovin to put next to Kante and Jorginho.. Imagine it Kantinhovin - Yes i shall keep using it c6076c73e51511811c81e79d24683ae5.gif

kellzfresh likes this

30 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I hope we manage to get Golovin to put next to Kante and Jorginho.. Imagine it Kantinhovin - Yes i shall keep using it c6076c73e51511811c81e79d24683ae5.gif

GoloKantinho c6076c73e51511811c81e79d24683ae5.gif :cig:

Unionjack and 11Drogba like this

Can't wait to see him playing for Sarri so we can get rid of him faster.

The guy can't make a short pass to save his life

He will inevitably play but it will be evident that he won't do what sarri demands

Tautvix likes this

Can't wait to see him playing for Sarri so we can get rid of him faster.

The guy can't make a short pass to save his life

He will inevitably play but it will be evident that he won't do what sarri demands

Tautvix likes this

I've been watching some Napoli matches from last season, just to see what the team looked like when it's not all highlight reel YouTube stuff.  I'm not convinced that Allan is better than Bakayoko, or if he is, how much better.  Of course, that would be Kante's role, but Bakayoko for depth/rotation might not be terrible.  I'm hoping he starts to come good this season.

Stats likes this

Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri to offload £40m flop Tiemoue Bakayoko - EXCLUSIVE

MAURIZIO SARRI plans to ditch £40m flop Timoue Bakayoko to kick-start his Chelsea overhaul.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/717118/Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-Tiemoue-Bakayoko-EXCLUSIVE-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

Mana, blues.bridge and kellzfresh like this

24 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri to offload £40m flop Tiemoue Bakayoko - EXCLUSIVE

MAURIZIO SARRI plans to ditch £40m flop Timoue Bakayoko to kick-start his Chelsea overhaul.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/717118/Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-Tiemoue-Bakayoko-EXCLUSIVE-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

Its dailystar but if he can be sold for £25-30m and help recuperate  our purchase of Alisson that would be lovely

Unionjack likes this

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Pleaseeeee let this be true. He's not even a good enough backup.

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Its dailystar but if he can be sold for £25-30m and help recuperate  our purchase of Alisson that would be lovely

Doesnt look like we're getting Alisson, mate