Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Wanting to ask this for a long time ... I would admit i havent seen much abt Bakayoko and the little i saw i wasnt exactly impressed. 

So should we be excited about this signing? 

For what i see is we are buying a 22 yr old potential for 40 something millions while we sold off another 22 yr potential for 5m ... Is it that Bakayoko is already a world class player for which we sacrificed one of our own? Had Chalobah got similar opportunity like Bakayoko maybe we would had been talking abt him in the same breath as Bakayoko. 

It is damn confusing and frustration !!! 

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Remember that Spuds had a sluggish start to their season last year and it may have cost them dearly in the end. A strong start can only be a good thing. Without Hazard and possibly without a Costa replacement sorted we need all the quality we can get for that first month.

We can't count on another 13 match winning run. The league will be far more competitive this season I think.

So its better to miss out on a potentially amazing transfer because of one month's absence? Makes no sense to me. 

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

Remember that Spuds had a sluggish start to their season last year and it may have cost them dearly in the end. A strong start can only be a good thing. Without Hazard and possibly without a Costa replacement sorted we need all the quality we can get for that first month.

We can't count on another 13 match winning run. The league will be far more competitive this season I think.

and they probably would have made a better start if their best midfielder (dembele) was avaliable

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Wanting to ask this for a long time ... I would admit i havent seen much abt Bakayoko and the little i saw i wasnt exactly impressed. 

So should we be excited about this signing? 

For what i see is we are buying a 22 yr old potential for 40 something millions while we sold off another 22 yr potential for 5m ... Is it that Bakayoko is already a world class player for which we sacrificed one of our own? Had Chalobah got similar opportunity like Bakayoko maybe we would had been talking abt him in the same breath as Bakayoko. 

It is damn confusing and frustration !!! 

Nat is leaving with a buy back clause and sell on clause. 

So I say it's great business. We need him to get some game time. Now that he is sold he can play freely. 

But we have those two other clauses if we want to do something. ☺️

53 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So I say it's great business. We need him to get some game time. Now that he is sold he can play freely. 

But we have those two other clauses if we want to do something. ☺️

Mate, we cant put everything on great business ... Isn't it high time we provide solid opportunity to our youths instead of just "great business" 

And it is not as if we replacing potential with world class players .... End of it we just buying another potential who we dont know how will he turn up. 

Dont get me wrong, it is indeed good business ... but ... anyways it's frustrating 

But we have those two other clauses if we want to do something. [emoji5]

Where did you get the clauses thing? As far as I known there's no such clauses with Chalobah and Ake.

19 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Mate, we cant put everything on great business ... Isn't it high time we provide solid opportunity to our youths instead of just "great business" 

And it is not as if we replacing potential with world class players .... End of it we just buying another potential who we dont know how will he turn up. 

Dont get me wrong, it is indeed good business ... but ... anyways it's frustrating 

Because we keep getting manager that are not good for this. 

At the moment no one cares because we keep winning. 

Once we stop winning it's when we probably get a manager good for youth. ala Bielsa/Pochetino 

It doesnt really matter if he is announced today or tomorrow. Clearly he is ours, unless some major knee problems were ID'd. It was said he might work on his fitness as Cobham, so it matters even less than before how fast his transfer is announced.