test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

14. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

621 posts in this topic

Must admit I was excited with his arrival, but what I've seen so far has been underwhelming. I don't watch French football, so my knowledge of him was based on youtube videos and on what other people had been saying, plus two or three full Monaco games. Didn't have an educated opinion of him then, have a bit now and I must say he hasn't been what I thought he would be. He does simple short passes and looks lost positionally half the time, not to mention squeaky techinque and passing. Where are those marauding runs we were promised? His physique would allow him to dominate everybody, but he doesn't. Okay, he puts his body across and wins the ball sometimes, but it really is not something Chalobah or RLC couldn't have offered + more. From his recent performances a BIG improvement is needed to be considered of adequate quality for this club.

DDA and Blusan Alamb like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 9:43 PM, manpe said:

Must admit I was excited with his arrival, but what I've seen so far has been underwhelming. I don't watch French football, so my knowledge of him was based on youtube videos and on what other people had been saying, plus two or three full Monaco games. Didn't have an educated opinion of him then, have a bit now and I must say he hasn't been what I thought he would be. He does simple short passes and looks lost positionally half the time, not to mention squeaky techinque and passing. Where are those marauding runs we were promised? His physique would allow him to dominate everybody, but he doesn't. Okay, he puts his body across and wins the ball sometimes, but it really is not something Chalobah or RLC couldn't have offered + more. From his recent performances a BIG improvement is needed to be considered of adequate quality for this club.

What is crazy is that the guy is dubbed a starter for us whereas the likes of RLC and Boga are shipped out on loan. Don't even get me started on Chalobah. Who the fuck makes these decisions??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DDA said:

What is crazy is that the guy is dubbed a starter for us whereas the likes of RLC and Boga are shipped out on loan. Don't even get me started on Chalobah. Who the fuck makes these decisions??

Baka's clearly better and at a more advanced stage in his career than all 3, lets not get into romantic youth mode here.Ruben has potential to be a good player if he keeps up his current form, but if he does make it here his role will be totally different to Baka's. The other two im yet to see what the big fuss is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, the wes said:

Its true cant knock his commitment, and Kompany at Citeh was a buffoon for a while,  but at a top club you are given a very short window to show your stuff before being shown the door

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

but at a top club you are given a very short window to show your stuff before being shown the door

Not here. Think Torres, Mikel, Kalou, Oscar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manpe said:

Not here. Think Torres, Mikel, Kalou, Oscar.

Mikel was a good ! I liked Kalou -but Oscar was more miss than hit and Torres well yeah give you that one = seemed an Abramovich signing like Shevchenko

Beigl and Amblève. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manpe said:

Not here. Think Torres, Mikel, Kalou, Oscar.

What about Cuadrado Salah KDB they were never giving time to settle ?? maybe cause Mourinho was manager

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So what we saying then - give Baka more time ?

yes I would with Conte being an ex midfielder I'm sure Conte can teach Baka into better midfielder  

mccg and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the wes said:

yes I would with Conte being an ex midfielder I'm sure Conte can teach Baka into better midfielder  

Yeah agree -cant fault his energy and commitment - also reminds a bit of Luiz when he arrived, loads of headless charging about, yet becoming so much more tactically aware later on

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the wes said:

yes I would with Conte being an ex midfielder I'm sure Conte can teach Baka into better midfielder  

Well can he start right now because he needs it badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 9:43 PM, manpe said:

His physique would allow him to dominate everybody, but he doesn't.

I think two things. He still needs to get used to the pace of the league (like Alvaro in some aspects) and the injury and no pre season this summer has softened his physique. He looked much bigger/athletic at Monaco. 

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2017 at 2:54 PM, the wes said:

I’m glad Conte is keeping it rational with Baka. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile Tolisso proving himself on the big stages.. We should sue Emenalo for insisting on buying this fraud.

Fabinho can cover 2 positions, is 3 times the player Bakayoko is and only one year older. Pathetic decision. Just as his name baka means stupid in japanese fitting for this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I decided to watch Fabinho's highlights so far this season, considering i've read a few times he's been 'nothing since Bakayoko left and stopped holding his hand.' 

Turns out, he's pulling off Fabregas-level passes multiple times per game, remains deep and stands tall and strong, usually winning the ball, and simply lacks a bit of confidence, in the way a player does when they know they deserved a move to a top club, but it didn't materialise. 

But apparently, buying shit for 40m and trying to turn it into a diamond, is somehow better than just buying a diamond for 40m.

(As some of us maintained - Fabinho is 3 players in one. Bakayoko is half a player. Watch below. Compare the simple techniques of passing the ball & positioning.)
(Vid from this season, his apparently worst season for Monaco.)

 

manpe, Georgy and DYC. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member