Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

I think its not as easy to just point out that we need a new midfielder and then pick one of the "popular" group of midfielders from recent season.

Throwing names just because they are midfielders is no go in real world. 

Take example at Fabinho. Everyone seems to be loving idea of having him next to Kante. Why not? He is midfielder and we need a midfielder right? 

Well if you look closely we have open spot on LEFT side of midfiled, Kante being on right. Fabinho played whole season on RIGHT side, never mind he played as RB before. 

Despite its easy as pie in Fifa to play Fabinho there, in real football, this transition of Fabinho from his prefered right to left side could be quite big or maybe impossible, limiting his abilities, hindering his skill.

Its a little detail, but generaly speaking, just because there are Fabinho, Milinkovic, Strootman,...out there, it doesnt mean they fit OUR spot because they are midfielders. 

13 hours ago, the wes said:

Kante and bakayoko has are midfield duo will be are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito outta that movie twins lol

Hello tw,

May I ask why you prefer to use the word 'are' instead of the word 'our'? Is it a personal thing or does it perhaps reflect a local dialect?

11 hours ago, El P. said:

Just watched some of "Bakayoko VS some_team" videos on YouTube.

His strengths: Ball control (by that I mean - receiving the ball, his first and second touch), dribbling, running with the ball in general. Really nice, agile and silk movement for a guy that size. Also, he is strong. Seems decent in the air too. Is a monster defensively.

Weaknesses: I would say, first of all, passing. I mean, maybe in team with Modrić, Kroos, or I don't know, that wouldn't be problem, those simple, defender-like passes. But in our team, best passer is Luiz (assuming Cesc is not playing), and he will play next to Kante who does passes just like him - rarely misplaces them, but those are all simple passes, never actually creating anything special. And, his end product - he will need to learn how to score some goals, either head them in, shoot from distance etc, he will need to provide us in that area too (he scored 3 goals in the whole season, and that is really odd assuming Monaco scored 100+ goals last season).

All in all, would be a decent signing, nothing special but decent, and I expect him to improve. He will balance out Kante's lack of ball control/shielding ability, probably will be upgrade on Matić already, he is faster and more agile than him, but will need to improve some other areas to really become integral in out first XI.

We don't need spectacular passing from that position. That position is all about continuity. In any case many of the most effective passes are, in themselves, very straightforward ones.

I'm repeating myself here but Tottenham Dembele plays simple passes and does not score goals, yet he is the best in the Premier League at his position. His ability to retain the ball under pressure, to get turned after receiving the ball facing his own goal, to skip past a challenge or two when appropriate make him invaluable. As a package, his attributes completely outrank the odd great pass. Such a player turns defence into attack and, in so doing, makes his team more fluid going forward as well as more secure defensively.

38 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello tw,

May I ask why you prefer to use the word 'are' instead of the word 'our' ? Is it a personal thing or does it perhaps reflect a local dialect?

He is the wes, not our beloved thewiz. Wiz would never bother with anyone not named matic :D

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We don't need spectacular passing from that position. That position is all about continuity. In any case many of the most effective passes are, in themselves, very straightforward ones.

I'm repeating myself here but Tottenham Dembele plays simple passes and does not score goals, yet he is the best in the Premier League at his position. His ability to retain the ball under pressure, to get turned after receiving the ball facing his own goal, to skip past a challenge or two when appropriate make him invaluable. As a package, his attributes completely outrank the odd great pass. Such a player turns defence into attack and, in so doing, makes his team more fluid going forward as well as more secure defensively.

Yes, but because Dembele is really great in what he does, and they even don't need Dembele's passing - they have Eriksen. And, I think we all saw what we have when Fabregas plays alongside Kante, those great passes from the deep and those magnificent one-twos.

If Baka can be THAT good, like Dembele, maybe his passes won't matter much - I agree that his playing with the ball under pressure is much more important. But I still have a feeling we miss that good-passing part of the game, here in midfield or anywhere on the field.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Baka to be like Fabregas, or anywhere near... I just think that he would misplace even some semi-simple passes, from what I saw. We don't want him to get the ball, run through the middle, and then to 'do the Costa' (ruin our counter attack) with some clumsy pass.

58 minutes ago, Roquila said:

Come on mate, answer the question above, im dying to know too lol. It's been buggering me for an eternity but i never asked why.

answer to what question?? 

50 minutes ago, the wes said:

answer to what question?? 

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello tw,

May I ask why you prefer to use the word 'are' instead of the word 'our'? Is it a personal thing or does it perhaps reflect a local dialect?

19 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

For a big lad he can't half carry that ball at his feet impressive 

He does indeed mate his forward runs remind me of yaya Toure but he's not in the same level has Toure yet 

20 minutes ago, manpe said:

Thanks for info me mate 👍 some lads on this forum are childish I didn't know saying (are)  instead of (our) is a crime it must make OhForAGreavsie brave mocking someone who has learning difficulties like myself I think hes piss off Cause I don't rely to him nomore 

38 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

For a big lad he can't half carry that ball at his feet impressive 

why does everyone make him out to be kind of the lukaku of midfielders? How on earth is 184cm/6ft big? That is like average height in urban Germany for men in their 20s. And he is not really muscular either. Decent build but how does that translate to ball carrying ability?. When you are shit on the ball you can be as big as you want you will get dispossessed every time. maybe he is able to transalte his athleticism into ball carrying ability and functional strength but that is a different story. Size for sure should not be the argument to buy him. 

50 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

why does everyone make him out to be kind of the lukaku of midfielders? How on earth is 184cm/6ft big? That is like average height in urban Germany for men in their 20s. And he is not really muscular either. Decent build but how does that translate to ball carrying ability?. When you are shit on the ball you can be as big as you want you will get dispossessed every time. maybe he is able to transalte his athleticism into ball carrying ability and functional strength but that is a different story. Size for sure should not be the argument to buy him. 

Completely agree with you, tho Bakayoko is actualy closer to 188 or at least 186cm, despite official numbers, they probably havent been updated yet.

On 10/06/2017 at 4:48 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

I'm still yet to see how Bakayoko is going to be a good partner with Kante. The creative limitations we encountered from the Matic/Kante duo last season in several games will still be an issue. We'll still be getting dominated in midfield by our title rivals. I'm seeing Tolisso is now on his way to I just can't comprehend the way our board thinks sometimes. I know they've scouted Bakayoko several times and know more about him than anyone of us combined but I've also watched him play many times and I don't see how he's anything more than an enforcer. 

Creative limitations? We hardly struggled to break down low blocks last season did we? We were quite good at it. Hence why we went on a 13 match unbeaten run. We lose the midfield in big games, and Baka has probably been singled out to help rectify that. We need more physicality in midfield against the bigger teams because Matic isn't physically imposing at all, nor is Kante. 

The creativity coming from our wing backs and inside forwards are more important than creativity coming from CM. This is why it's important for in Conte's system, the CMs are the engine room. This is why I think someone like Semedo would be the best signing we could make this summer.