Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

In CL he had quite restricted role more or less, limiting him. He was ordered to sit back and protect the line, make simple passes. 

He was realy good in both spurs games, but I was not even close to impressed against City and Juve, he could be alot better, however again, his role was to protect the back. 

Fabinho is definately more attacking generaly, more allround, but in ligue 1, they exchange who goes forward and who stays back, because both have advantages. Fabinho is better passer, Bakayoko is better dribbler. Generaly speaking, Bakayoko was brilliant in ligue 1, very powerful player. 

Simply said, he is better version of Matic, more mobile, better dribbler and quicker. Great at getting the ball back.

His weakness is however first touch and passing, specificaly against better teams like in CL. I cant say he is much better than Matic. He can be very frustrating in this part of game. But again, against spurs he was great both legs. 

That said, he can improve alot, in his best version he is very similar to Yaya and if he gets more consistent, we will have hell of a player.

Tolisso is alot more techical and still quite strong, making him ideal player, but that would mean Kante always playing DM with Tolisso going up. Bakayoko offers alot more versatility and gives Kante freedom to be B2B. 

A lot of time for this sort of post. Actual insight of a game/player based off of watching a game instead of playing too much championship manager and thinking your a top manager.  Good break down, thanks 

7 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

A lot of moaning as usual before the player even kicks a ball. He'll be shit (according to the oracles on here) presumably like costa was going to be after the world cup, like alonso last season because he played for Sunderland Etc! Wish we could go and spunk 100 odd million on a global social network superstar like pogba! That would put us in the big time...

I get a kick out of this. You are accusing others of moaning, and here you are doing the actual moaning instead of staying on topic. Sharing your thoughts on a potential signing is the aim of this subsection, if it wasn't then we might as all log off and shut down the forum. I do not understand the constant thought policing some of you do. Some of us do not rate Bakayoko highly, and we disagree. It is not that big of a deal, either attack the actual argument or move on.

Also no one here is a professional scout, we get that. If they are the only ones allowed to post, then again we might as well shut down the forum. Such ad hominem attacks shows lack of intelligence.

Also do not think anyone said Bakayoko is shit, just not Chelsea level or not the type of player we need.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I get a kick out of this. You are accusing others of moaning, and here you are doing the actual moaning instead of staying on topic. Sharing your thoughts on a potential signing is the aim of this subsection, if it wasn't then we might as all log off and shut down the forum. I do not understand the constant thought policing some of you do. Some of us do not rate Bakayoko highly, and we disagree. It is not that big of a deal, either attack the actual argument or move on.

Also no one here is a professional scout, we get that. If they are the only ones allowed to post, then again we might as well shut down the forum. Such ad hominem attacks shows lack of intelligence.

Also do not think anyone said Bakayoko is shit, just not Chelsea level or not the type of player we need.

Glad you enjoyed the post 😘

7 hours ago, Rekin said:

What if Conte doesnt give a shit about how poor Baka's playmaking abilities are? I feel like people have this idea of a hybrid between Fabregas and Kante they want to see, but how do we know that it is what Conte wants? We are not going to be Barcelona with neat passes pinging around in the middle, we are a team that is extremely efficient in counter-attacking. Bakayoko is good at breaking up the attack of the other team, and skilled enough to quickly ID a more attacking player to pass to. Is it not enough that he is really good at a few things, rather than above average in many? It is more important that we find a player fitting our playstyle, rather than a player we find more pleasing visually. 

Besides, please remember his age. How many midfielders do you look at and say "wow, this dude was never better than he was at 22?". He has a solid foundation, and now we can build on it. Just imagine if he and Lukaku have another dimension to their play, and they find it here? We will have two amazing players with many years on the top remaining.

Regarding Tolisso it would of course have been great to get him. However, it is possible that the player simply preferred Bayern. Not getting a player does not equal the board doing nothing and letting him slip. We need to be more level-headed about this. 

You simply cannot be one dimensional, you cannot believe you can just be an efficient counter attacking team and that is all you need. Which top team exactly is that?

Great teams are deadly on the counter and also have the players that can string neat passes and break you down.

5 hours ago, the wes said:

The Bakayoko  haters won't  like this Bakayoko made CL squad of the season:ph34r:

DB-nQxPXUAAF3ZB.jpg

Come on now Wes lol you gotta remember baka is turd as we keep hearing but...... pretty sure any one eles on that cl team of the year midfield they would have wet pants 

5 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Come on now Wes lol you gotta remember baka is turd as we keep hearing but...... pretty sure any one eles on that cl team of the year midfield they would have wet pants 

Under conte influence and conte being ex midfielder who knows the midfield role well I think babayko could turn out to be a very good player 

48 minutes ago, the wes said:

Under conte influence and conte being ex midfielder who knows the midfield role well I think babayko could turn out to be a very good player 

Totally agree I hope he does as well just hope he starts off well otherwise poor lad will be destroyed on here haha

17 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

In CL he had quite restricted role more or less, limiting him. He was ordered to sit back and protect the line, make simple passes. 

He was realy good in both spurs games, but I was not even close to impressed against City and Juve, he could be alot better, however again, his role was to protect the back. 

Fabinho is definately more attacking generaly, more allround, but in ligue 1, they exchange who goes forward and who stays back, because both have advantages. Fabinho is better passer, Bakayoko is better dribbler. Generaly speaking, Bakayoko was brilliant in ligue 1, very powerful player. 

Simply said, he is better version of Matic, more mobile, better dribbler and quicker. Great at getting the ball back.

His weakness is however first touch and passing, specificaly against better teams like in CL. I cant say he is much better than Matic. He can be very frustrating in this part of game. But again, against spurs he was great both legs. 

That said, he can improve alot, in his best version he is very similar to Yaya and if he gets more consistent, we will have hell of a player.

Tolisso is alot more techical and still quite strong, making him ideal player, but that would mean Kante always playing DM with Tolisso going up. Bakayoko offers alot more versatility and gives Kante freedom to be B2B. 

He is also just 22 and playing with what was pretty much the youngest team in the knockouts... Not to mention he broke his nose and had to wear a mask for the first time against Juve, no easy feat.

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Totally agree I hope he does as well just hope he starts off well otherwise poor lad will be destroyed on here haha

Lol I think some of lads on here are scared of him turn into Moussa Sissoko flop 

38 minutes ago, the wes said:

Lol I think some of lads on here are scared of him turn into Moussa Sissoko flop 

I wouldn't really say sissoko flopped just that team was so good without him he just didn't get the minutes to play imho

27 minutes ago, the wes said:

Kante and bakayoko has are midfield duo will be are Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito outta that movie twins lol

That is hilarious but I expect kante is probably stronger haha 

18 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Errr because I've seen them and Bakayoko play? All  of the players I've mentioned have not only got better passing but also better control, better technique, and greater awareness of their surroundings while most are even better dribblers. Defensively, Baka is no doubt better than all of them but we already got Kante for that and it's not like they are Pirlo defensively. Most of the big teams have dominated us and made us look ordinary, Why? Because we don't have midfielder who could knit play together or could receive passes from his team-mates under pressure. Is Baka going to change that? the Baka I saw for Monaco certainly is not going to change that. Do you honestly think we could dominate a technically adequate midfield with Baka and Kante? I've got my doubts about it. Btw Bona are Seri are no Kante defensively but they can no doubt hold their own.

Why is Conte so desperate to get Baka instead of Fabinho? Well, you'll have to call Antonio and ask him that but ask any Monaco fan or a french league fan and they'll tell you who is better between Fabinho and Baka. Lastly, I do have absolute faith in our coach and once Baka puts on that Blue jersey, he'll have my 110% support obviously and I've already said that I would gladly eat humble pie if Baka proves me wrong but until then, I can't help but feel that we could've done better than Baka.

I have been following the talk regarding Baka vs Fabinho for a while, and while Fabinho generates more praise from Monaco fans, there are more than a few who find Bakayoko to be the better player. 
So let me get this straight, you have watched all eight midfielders you mentioned earlier plus Bakayoko to such an extent that you can comfortably say that they are a better fit for our team? 

In terms of the attributes you mentioned, you stated that all the players you mentioned have better passing ability, control, technique and awareness than Bakayoko. That is a very, very bold claim. It is also completely wrong statistically. 

Passing ability: While Bakayoko provides the lowest amount of key passes, he has one of the highest pass success percentages of all the ones you mentioned, while providing a comparable amount of total passes per game to the others. Still, I would be inclined to agree that passing is his weakes area of the game. He keeps it simple, and does it well.

Control: Hard to know exactly what you mean by control, but WhoScored measures "bad control per game" which seems like a fair statistic. Bakayoko is one of the best players of the ones you mentioned in this regard. The only one with a comparable amount of games better than him is Fabinho. Paredes and Diawara also have better numbers, but they have played a lot less than him, making their numbers easier to maintain at a good level. 

Technique: Again, hard to know what you mean by this exactly, and the difference between this and dribbling for example. You simply leave this too undefined to let statistics decide whether you are right or not. I can just as well say that Baka has better technique than most of the players you mentioned and be just as right, as it is presented as a subjective attribute (I actually dont believe Baka is one of the best, but he is not bad for sure in this regard). 

Awareness:  Dribbled past per game and dispossessed seems like somewhat fair statistics for this area. In terms of the first statistic, Baka is the second best (first if you exclude Diawara, as he has played almost a third of Baka's playtime). For the second one, Baka is in the middle, higher if cou exclude Paredes and Diawara. 

Dribbling: Bakayoko has the third highest amount of successful dribbles per game. 

To summarize, your statement was completely wrong. You can say "I trust my eyes" or "some things arent shown in the numbers", but whereas you and I cling to subjectivity, the numbers are the closest to a fair representation that we can get. They are not perfect as they fail to show the level of the opponents, the starting position, the quality of the team etc, but it sure as hell beats "I think xyz". Bakayoko is far more well-rounded than he gets credit for. 

If Conte wants Baka so bad (and considering that we were linked to him last year already) there is clearly a spot for Baka in the team. I fail to see how buying a player that Conte doesnt want or see as a fit instead of one he wants is going to be positive in our hunt for trophies. Besides, it is a real possibility that there were targets the club/Conte wanted more, but were either priced out off, or where the player did not wish to leave. We know so little about what is happening behind the scenes, and yet people are comfortable judging the board on their dealings. 

16 hours ago, Clockwork said:

You simply cannot be one dimensional, you cannot believe you can just be an efficient counter attacking team and that is all you need. Which top team exactly is that?

Great teams are deadly on the counter and also have the players that can string neat passes and break you down.

You can however have a main gameplan, which you try to perfect to the fullest extent. The players we have been targeting suggests that we both want to become even better at what we have excelled at this season, while also opening the possiblity for formation switches. If we want a creative CM we already have one in Fabregas. 

23 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Off the top of my mind Fabinho, Naby Keita, Seri, Bonaventura, Amadou Diawara, Milinkovic-Savic, Paredes, Strootman all would make better partners for Kante than Baka. Didn't even name Nainggo or Verratti who I know are impossible to get :)

hahahaha

I seriously DOUBT you've watched any of these guys play extensively, if you have you need to get outside and get a life.

Look at the club's track record when it comes to spotting talent... 

I have no doubt they know what we need and will bring it to the club.

Edit: and most of the names you've mentioned here don't even play the same role in their team as Bakayoko has for Monaco. To the best of my knowledge Bakayoko is our alternative to Matic in our system.

27 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I have been following the talk regarding Baka vs Fabinho for a while, and while Fabinho generates more praise from Monaco fans, there are more than a few who find Bakayoko to be the better player. 
So let me get this straight, you have watched all eight midfielders you mentioned earlier plus Bakayoko to such an extent that you can comfortably say that they are a better fit for our team? 

In terms of the attributes you mentioned, you stated that all the players you mentioned have better passing ability, control, technique and awareness than Bakayoko. That is a very, very bold claim. It is also completely wrong statistically. 

Passing ability: While Bakayoko provides the lowest amount of key passes, he has one of the highest pass success percentages of all the ones you mentioned, while providing a comparable amount of total passes per game to the others. Still, I would be inclined to agree that passing is his weakes area of the game. He keeps it simple, and does it well.

Control: Hard to know exactly what you mean by control, but WhoScored measures "bad control per game" which seems like a fair statistic. Bakayoko is one of the best players of the ones you mentioned in this regard. The only one with a comparable amount of games better than him is Fabinho. Paredes and Diawara also have better numbers, but they have played a lot less than him, making their numbers easier to maintain at a good level. 

Technique: Again, hard to know what you mean by this exactly, and the difference between this and dribbling for example. You simply leave this too undefined to let statistics decide whether you are right or not. I can just as well say that Baka has better technique than most of the players you mentioned and be just as right, as it is presented as a subjective attribute (I actually dont believe Baka is one of the best, but he is not bad for sure in this regard). 

Awareness:  Dribbled past per game and dispossessed seems like somewhat fair statistics for this area. In terms of the first statistic, Baka is the second best (first if you exclude Diawara, as he has played almost a third of Baka's playtime). For the second one, Baka is in the middle, higher if cou exclude Paredes and Diawara. 

Dribbling: Bakayoko has the third highest amount of successful dribbles per game. 

To summarize, your statement was completely wrong. You can say "I trust my eyes" or "some things arent shown in the numbers", but whereas you and I cling to subjectivity, the numbers are the closest to a fair representation that we can get. They are not perfect as they fail to show the level of the opponents, the starting position, the quality of the team etc, but it sure as hell beats "I think xyz". Bakayoko is far more well-rounded than he gets credit for. 

If Conte wants Baka so bad (and considering that we were linked to him last year already) there is clearly a spot for Baka in the team. I fail to see how buying a player that Conte doesnt want or see as a fit instead of one he wants is going to be positive in our hunt for trophies. Besides, it is a real possibility that there were targets the club/Conte wanted more, but were either priced out off, or where the player did not wish to leave. We know so little about what is happening behind the scenes, and yet people are comfortable judging the board on their dealings. 

You can however have a main gameplan, which you try to perfect to the fullest extent. The players we have been targeting suggests that we both want to become even better at what we have excelled at this season, while also opening the possiblity for formation switches. If we want a creative CM we already have one in Fabregas. 

Stole my thunder.

Just watched some of "Bakayoko VS some_team" videos on YouTube.

His strengths: Ball control (by that I mean - receiving the ball, his first and second touch), dribbling, running with the ball in general. Really nice, agile and silk movement for a guy that size. Also, he is strong. Seems decent in the air too. Is a monster defensively.

Weaknesses: I would say, first of all, passing. I mean, maybe in team with Modrić, Kroos, or I don't know, that wouldn't be problem, those simple, defender-like passes. But in our team, best passer is Luiz (assuming Cesc is not playing), and he will play next to Kante who does passes just like him - rarely misplaces them, but those are all simple passes, never actually creating anything special. And, his end product - he will need to learn how to score some goals, either head them in, shoot from distance etc, he will need to provide us in that area too (he scored 3 goals in the whole season, and that is really odd assuming Monaco scored 100+ goals last season).

All in all, would be a decent signing, nothing special but decent, and I expect him to improve. He will balance out Kante's lack of ball control/shielding ability, probably will be upgrade on Matić already, he is faster and more agile than him, but will need to improve some other areas to really become integral in out first XI.