• Matic (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a performance. 

Willian scored 2 open play goals?!?! 2016 really was a crazy year. 

Have to love the intensity with which the team responded after Stoke leveled both times. They were determined to not let this record slip. 

Have to say, Alonso/Moses were shocking today. The former couldn't block a cross to save his life today, and Moses looked like Ivanovic in disguise in attack. (Great skill displayed on our 2nd goal tho. Sent that man packing to yesteryear). 

We seem to struggle with Tall Strikers, and hopefully we sign a CB like Van Dijk who will help win those aerial duels. Because Every Stoke attack I thought was gonna end in a goal. Was bound to happen I guess. Just happy the team showed they can turn it on, when needed. 

3 hours ago, mediator said:

Is twice make you motm, we can't forget that Fabregas offered 2 assists, same for Hazard. Luiz was Solid (as Kante was).

Can't pick a motm this time

both failed and contributed to their two goals... especially Kanté

Just watched the game for a second time. As good as William's and Costa's finishes were, so were the two assists from Cesc and Hazard's little touch pass to Willian on his first goal.

I know we probably need Matic vs Spurs, but it is difficult to take Fabregas out of the lineup right now. Certainly need his offensive skills. His pass to Willian on his second was pure magic! Cesc seems to be moving much better in this system as well.

I will mention again I think we need a rotation for Moses and Alonso to give them some rest and I am not talking Ivanovic late for defensive purposes.

Certainly the weakest game from both Kante and Luiz since joining this year. They need to be at their best Wednesday.

Last but not least, I know Drogba is legend and had some massive goals, but I am not sure Costa is not the best in club history at just out willing opponents inside the 18 yard box and finishing. The goal today, he just out muscled the guy and boom, back of the net. With his new positive attitude, he is the heart and soul of this club. Love this guy.

And there you are. 13 in a row!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

11 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

The slap received at the Emirates Stadium made us feel good

true that, i just wished we had won or at least drawn the game against Pool at home, but its in the past, the main thing is we are learning from our mistakes. Cheers

all this is unreal, 3 straight months unbeaten with nothing but wins (13), specially in December (6 wins), all this feels like a dream, what a radical change from the team, this is just wonderful and amazing, long may this continue hopefully, what a time to be a Chelsea fan right now, lets just enjoy this brilliant moment to its fullest. Cheers to all ;)

I just watched the game again and the major problem we had in the 1st half was pretty clear. Neither Kanter nor Cesc dropped deep to recieve the ball from our centre backs when we were trying to pass out from the back. They both pushed up expecting either Cahill or Luiz to initiate our build up play. There was such a huge gap between our centre-backs and central midfielders. Fabregas with all his experience should have made the adjustment in the half. He's particularly guilty of that.