Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

8 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

So do we persist with Fabregas lads or continue with the Matic/Kante partnership?

Depends on the opponent, vs Palace? Definitely Matic back in, even more so if Eden returns. Because we need to make a couple of changes to freshen things anyway and Palace have a good scoring record for a shit team but a truly awful defense.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, WNDS said:

Positive confirmation bias. It happens all the time with footballers like Willian who tend to be so polarising: those who don't rate them are always on the lookout for errors and poor decision-making, whilst those who appreciate them more tend to place too much focus on the good things they do. In each case, significantly greater emphasis is placed upon the events that support the preconceptions that are held by the specific observer in question.

Riigghhhttt...in Willian's case, we all know his strengths and also his weaknesses and the latter is outweighing the former at the moment. I have nothing against Willian but up till now, he's done nothing to suggest he's improved over the years. And take a look at his decision making, for instance, in yesterday's game. We have all criticized him for his poor decision making but he did nothing to dispel that at Sunderland when he had the opportunities. There were several occasions where he could have played in Costa, Pedro and 1-2 others in dangerous positions way earlier but what did he do? He continued to dribble with the ball, ended up running into cul-de-sacs and nothing happened in the end. We have seen that countless of times before and nothing has changed. It's beyond frustrating to watch him to say the very least.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Wait, you describing Willian's performances there? He looked dangerous when he's running with the ball - which has always been the case - but other than that, I thought he was poor. His decision making was poor. His finishing was poor. His movement was average at best.

Not really. He hit the crossbar once and apart from Cesc's goal, everybody missed some half chances.

Just now, cosmicway said:

Not really. He hit the crossbar once and apart from Cesc's goal, everybody missed some half chances.

He hit the crossbar...via a deflection. Yes, we missed chances all night but I'm talking specifically about Willian - nothing in his overall performance was anything different than what we have seen.

Willian does n't have Diego's physical strength or even Eden's.
Surprisingly his failed replacement Quadrado is going great guns for La Juve and don't be surprised if you see the Italians lift the european cup. Against Barca the year before they nearly made it, then Buffon made the mistake and Barca regained the lead.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He hit the crossbar...via a deflection. Yes, we missed chances all night but I'm talking specifically about Willian - nothing in his overall performance was anything different than what we have seen.

Could Mannone save it without the deflection ?

5 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Could Mannone save it without the deflection ?

Yes, Pickford (not Mannone) would have saved it. It was low shot but it deflected over and hit the crossbar.

And seriously, are you going to use that one moment to defend Willian here?

Just now, Jason said:

Yes, Pickford (not Mannone) would have saved it. It was low shot but it deflected over and hit the crossbar.

And seriously, are you going to use that one moment to defend Willian here?

Ok, the "Ronaldo" channel from which I was watching was flickery, that's why I asked.
But as I said Willian lacks physical strength. He is nippy and clever but nobody has ever said he is a strong guy.

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

TBO's save at the end, possibly season defining.

Petr who ?

Yesterday's game actually reminded me of some moments with Cech in the goal. Also a tough game where we mostly dominated possession and our goalie had nothing to do for most part of the game. But he had to perform when needed most which must be super difficult. Great job Tibo!

23 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Yesterday's game actually reminded me of some moments with Cech in the goal. Also a tough game where we mostly dominated possession and our goalie had nothing to do for most part of the game. But he had to perform when needed most which must be super difficult. Great job Tibo!

Very true - nudged MOTM for me, slightly over Kante, am definitely warming to the big nosed cunt :D 

Big shout out to the other squad players, Willian might nudge out Pedro if he keeps getting in the box. Overall theres an increase in general fitness and sharpness in the whole squad that wasn't there last season.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

It's just so sweet to see things like that from time to time. Of course it happens because of tragic circumstances, but in these moments we see the true human side of people.