West Brom v Chelsea

Jase

Doubt that Pedro will feature in this fixture. The same goes with Baba, but only Mou knows.

Depending on when it actually happens it's a possibility. Oscar is apparently a doubt and if that is correct Willian plays as the #10 and Pedro goes wide right.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that too many team changes are needed. Ivanovich probably needs dropping. In my opinion (for what it's worth :clown: ) it's our tactics we need to change. We are now getting easy to anticipate. We play the ball out from the back,playing it across the back line, then pass to Matic, he lays it out to Willian/Hazard, they excange short passes and then run with the ball to the edge of the 18 box. We then try and switch the ball across the box to the other wing, with noboby making cutting runs into the box and the move breaks down. Either that or Iva hits the first defender with his cross. Teams just sit across their 18 box and we cant break them down.

4-4-2 and attack, that's my idea. We have the players with the speed and skill to terrorise defences if we break quickly with intent. But our back four (at present) must stay deep as we are getting ripped apart when we play a high line.

But then, what the f#ck do I know..... :yay: :blue scalf:

.............Tibo..............

Dave, JT, GH, Baba

........Fab, Matic..........

Predro Oscar Hazard

..........Costa.................

Pedro will be good but i did he has time to rip the team? Baba has one week and Pedro less and we didnt sing him yet :/

This match-week could go either way. Agent Lukaku takes points off City, Baba and Azpi start at full-backs, Pedro shines on debut and we win. Or City thrash Everton, Ivanovic will continue to start and we will be held out to a boring 0-0 draw.

0-0? The last thing I expect from Chelsea at the moment is a clean sheet.

Ah! Perfect suddenly it seems like outside of the starting 11 we don't have players to play whom Jose would approve of *sighs*

The rate at which our rivals are strengthening their squad we stand no chance the way we are playing and the energy/enthusiasm levels that our players are displaying on pitch. Suddenly Kalou seems like a much better player than what we have right now. Sadly none of the players that were bought after Jose's return have showed any promise :( (Salah, Cuadrado, Luis )

The board made some pretty dumb decisions. Ah, can't seem to get over the fact we sold Luiz(Still remember his screamer against United, which made him an instant star) and Mata.

What about Costa, our top scorer, and Fabregas, the top assists in the league.

What about Costa, our top scorer, and Fabregas, the top assists in the league.

Sorry I missed them out totally forgot. Fabregas in my eyes is still not good business, he is nowhere near what he performed at Arsenal. I have mentioned numerous times in many threads last season was freak show, we were the best of the bad lot( which doesn't change the fact we were one among the bad lot). Costa is monster but is injury prone (which we knew and still went after him) and we will see how good he really is this season (wait and watch) with all our opponents looking mighty strong. Overall still bad business !

Sorry I missed them out totally forgot. Fabregas in my eyes is still not good business, he is nowhere near what he performed at Arsenal. I have mentioned numerous times in many threads last season was freak show, we were the best of the bad lot( which doesn't change the fact we were one among the bad lot). Costa is monster but is injury prone (which we knew and still went after him) and we will see how good he really is this season (wait and watch) with all our opponents looking mighty strong. Overall still bad business !

Jose is anyone but someone who buys for long term success. No, Fabregas isn't what he was at for Arsenal, but that was 4 years ago and he has done better here than he did at Barca. Will he ever be what he was early last season? We don't know, but he was important to our success last year, so I consider that a good buy.

I agree with the Costa point, but I will say that when he is on the field, he's usually a difference maker. Not so far this season, but we're just 1/19th through the season.

There's still a few players that could go either way, depending on how you look at it, but those two stuck out to me.