Charlie Austin

thank god, you're not in charge

Well Costa isn't exactly banging them in, Falcao has hardly set the world alight and Remy ain't getting a game soon.

But yeah - scoring 18 goals for a team in relegation all year is shit right. How many of our superstar strikers have hit 18 goals in previous seasons?

So yeah you're glad I'm not in charge - but I'm equally glad you're not :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Mou has gift of making decent players into top ones, but I dont think we should be looking after the likes austin, valencia, costa, alderweireld etc. We should aim higher than that if we want to get closer to barca rm.

One Pogba/Verratti/Griezmann etc could give us ALOT more than Costa, Austin, valencia, sissoko etc combined.

lol

So, he stayed in QPR? Too expensive for midtable teams or what?

Really odd when you think WBA spent £15m on Rondon which could of bought Austin.

Villa fan I know says they were put off by his injury history, no idea how true that is.

To be fair Austin and Vardy are better (pure) strikers than Rooney for me, I'd rather see him in defensive midfield while Carrick is out.

Ih? Are you mad haha.

Austin having a 15M price tag is so strange its unbelievable. Hes one dimensional, other than the one goal he scored against Southampton he has never displayed a good level of technique. When Danny Murphy (well I think it was Danny Murphy) said he was surprised no teams had moved for him for 15M I generally laughed. Leicester would suit him well, but someone like Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Spurs... even then he would look out of his depth. He is like Rickie Lambert, a good player for smaller clubs but in the real world he is not even as good as Rickie Lambert. although to be fair for a big English number 9 Lambert has actually got some pretty good technical ability which he displayed at Southampton.

Jamie Vardy is just a headless chicken.

Rooney is by far the best option England have upfront and he should play either in a 4-2-3-1 behind Sturridge or 4-4-2 in tandem with him.

Ih? Are you mad haha.

Austin having a 15M price tag is so strange its unbelievable. Hes one dimensional, other than the one goal he scored against Southampton he has never displayed a good level of technique. When Danny Murphy (well I think it was Danny Murphy) said he was surprised no teams had moved for him for 15M I generally laughed. Leicester would suit him well, but someone like Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Spurs... even then he would look out of his depth. He is like Rickie Lambert, a good player for smaller clubs but in the real world he is not even as good as Rickie Lambert. although to be fair for a big English number 9 Lambert has actually got some pretty good technical ability which he displayed at Southampton.

Jamie Vardy is just a headless chicken.

Rooney is by far the best option England have upfront and he should play either in a 4-2-3-1 behind Sturridge or 4-4-2 in tandem with him.

maxresdefault.jpgVVardy is like a Willian that isn't afraid to run onto passes and can shoot. With all the attacking talent in England's line up (Ox-Chamb, Wilshere, Carrick, Sterling, etc etc) he would be a perfect number 9 for England, obviously he is no Drogba but he was a once in a generation striker.

maxresdefault.jpgVVardy is like a Willian that isn't afraid to run onto passes and can shoot. With all the attacking talent in England's line up (Ox-Chamb, Wilshere, Carrick, Sterling, etc etc) he would be a perfect number 9 for England, obviously he is no Drogba but he was a once in a generation striker.

Hes a headless chicken. Hes shite. With all the talent in England's line up... well if your wanting guys like Vardy to start as your #9 against say bigger teams, good luck.

Still think this guy is worth £15 million

I don't care how flash he is, what he can or can't do - as long as he puts the ball in the net

He done / is doing that for a shit QPR side and can do the same at any other club

I would have taken him over Falcao (even though I hope and pray Falcao returns to devastating form)

I dont know much about his injury record - but he played a lot of games last season. Sometimes you just need a natural finisher/poacher and that's what this guy is.

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Jason said:

People moaning about not signing Austin. :lol:

I know we need new players but there's no need for desperation here.

I think they're saying they'd rather a proven PL goalscorer rather than a has-been from Brazil who costs 3x as much.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You