Hull v Chelsea

Jase

What the hell happened to Loic Remy ??? Is he injured or something don't know why we bought him seems like such a waste of money.

Bought as a rotational player. Costa was brought to the club in the same transfer period - didn't expect anything else.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he is not. He has got 7 yellow cards. 6 in epl and 1 in COC. At this stage it would take 10 to get a 2 match suspension.

^ Ok. My mistake then. Somebody during the last game he'll miss the Hull game.

Well, I'm stick with my opinion then, no way Luis will play in this match :halo:

Ramires to start if Oscar doesn't. Cesc doesn't press and thus we won't win possession when we need it.

What?

Cesc is known for his off the ball pressure, especially since his time at Barca. He's been doing this in the beginning of the season as well, its more than obvious someone is telling him to back off

Place Matic and/or Ramires to fulfill that gap when Luis is forward. Defending doesn't earn you wins, it earns you draws.

I agree with the premise but I'm not sure we'd be able to execute our transition game offensively with Ramires in the pivot, especially if Oscar is playing as the #10.

I agree with the premise but I'm not sure we'd be able to execute our transition game offensively with Ramires in the pivot, especially if Oscar is playing as the #10.

Fabregas plays as 10. I explained my idea behind it a bit more in depth in the Luis Filipe thread. Have a read if you're interested: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18488-3-filipe-luis/?p=1074117

Would like your input.

Why not think outside the box for this one and put both Filipe Luis and Azpi in the starting XI?

Hazard to play as an attacking LF with Costa in striker position. Azpi can cover de defensive work Hazard has to do... so the latter can focus 75% of his energy on attacking, and not on defending!!!

We play Hull for christ sake. We need to come on the pitch with the mentality we will crush them 0-6 instead of fearing their attack!!

----------Courtois----------

Iva----Zouma----JT---Luis

------Matic--------Azpi------

------------Cesc--------------

Willian----------------Hazard

------------Costa-------------

Why not think outside the box for this one and put both Filipe Luis and Azpi in the starting XI?

Hazard to play as an attacking LF with Costa in striker position. Azpi can cover de defensive work Hazard has to do... so the latter can focus 75% of his energy on attacking, and not on defending!!!

We play Hull for christ sake. We need to come on the pitch with the mentality we will crush them 0-6 instead of fearing their attack!!

If we're going to park a bus, then this could work. But against a side like Hull I'm afraid it would lack the much needed drive in our midfield.

If we're going to park a bus, then this could work. But against a side like Hull I'm afraid it would lack the much needed drive in our midfield.

Well parking the bus is the last thing I would want to do against Hull (maybe an extra line is needed in this line up :)).

-------------------------------

You're right about the much needed drive in our midfield! The only problem is... (a part from Cuadrado) I really can't see anyone on the bench bringing us that extra spark! We desperately need to buy creative attacking players!!

So the attacking spark should start from the back... Iva + Luis & Azpi taking on the wings. Cesc to play highly and Hazard, not to worry too much about defending with Azpi in his back!

The official website is running its own campaign. This time about the penalties not given and denied.

It is in our 28 Premier League games this season where we have been awarded just two penalties. Both were for infringements on the league’s most-fouled player, Eden Hazard, and both were in home London derbies, against Arsenal and QPR respectively. The most recent was four-and-a-half months ago.

Historically, this figure seems abnormally low.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/03/penalty-puzzle.html

Well parking the bus is the last thing I would want to do against Hull (maybe an extra line is needed in this line up :)).

-------------------------------

You're right about the much needed drive in our midfield! The only problem is... (a part from Cuadrado) I really can't see anyone on the bench bringing us that extra spark! We desperately need to buy creative attacking players!!

So the attacking spark should start from the back... Iva + Luis & Azpi taking on the wings. Cesc to play highly and Hazard, not to worry too much about defending with Azpi in his back!

We could get the drive by playing a natural midfielder instead of Azpi in there. I'm still advocating for Ramires.

Does anyone else believe that the team is just tired due to lack of rotation?.. Like everyone has been looking very lethargic in recent weeks and due to this our results have suffered.. Jose needs to change things up in the next few league games play a few youngsters rest some of the stars give them a weekend off.. I feel the game accumulation is getting to us.. and I know a lot will say they are professionals and should be able to deal with the demands but our style of play will lead to extreme fatigue at the end of every season if we continue to play the high pressing game.. Even in recent weeks we haven't pressed as much as we did at the beginning of the season when we were very successful probably say since the newcastle game our pressing has been very hit and miss..

Here's to some fringe players playing against Hull and getting a result

Absolutely nothing less than a convincing win will do against Hull. Any slip up on our behalf and the chasing pack will smell blood..And if we don't get the win, then the players will start to doubt whether we can see this one over the line. Then we really are f@cked :blush:

I want to see at least 0-2 to us, Anything less is not good enough.

The official website is running its own campaign. This time about the penalties not given and denied.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/03/penalty-puzzle.html

At first I thought that our PR/social media department speaking out loud was cool and partially even "the right thing" to do but now they're just beating a dead horse. It makes us look small keeping in my mind that our results lately haven't been good.