Chelsea v Southampton

Jase

I never expected us to win CL really.

Back in 2012 same time of the year I said to my friends "it's only Barcelona and a giant killing act cannot be ruled out".

In 2014 well, we came close to be one of the two finalists.

This time it's Bayern-Real and Barcelona again and with modest expectations we 'd have to get two of them.

We / PSG need to up our game considerably to have the measure of those three - realism suggests.

So let's win the PL and then regroup for next year's CL.

Let's also shut the faces of the anti-Chelsea press !

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Azpi Zouma Terry Luis

Matic

Fabregas Willian

Cuadrado Remy Hazard

I want to see Willian in a deeper role. A player with his lack of threat and adventure has no place in an advanced position. Let him use his pace and energy to mostly cover for the front three and Fabregas. Also helping out Luis whenever necessary. He should be able to keep the ball and drive forward, with the extra space and time a deeper role allows. Fabregas starting in centre midfield, with the license to move up when the any of the front three is in possession.

Luis deserves to play. Tired of the lack of ability on the ball from any of the defenders and a right-footed player on the left. And I don't care how many goals Ivanovic scores from set-pieces, he's the least capable fullback at Chelsea on the ball. Neither does he possess any kind of great attacking nous. But somehow he's allowed the most offensive role. Personally I'm convinced Azpilicueta would do better in the same role. He won't score as much, but he'll provide a better overall contribution on his natural flank imo. Ivanovic has also lost a yard of pace and it's really hurting him.

There's a serious lack of spark and imagination up front, something that has been the case for months now. I didn't see the point of his signing but Cuadrado was purchased for a lot of money, so use him. Give him the opportunity to show his quality, make mistakes and develop an understanding with his team mates. I say start him for at least 6 games in a row. It's not like his competition is doing a great job anyway.

Costa is in poor form. Remy is a good striker. He has scored a good amount of goals in his limited time on the pitch. He should be fired up to prove himself, give him a shot.

This is not happening but a boy is allowed to dream.

We don't have really amazing attacking talent, we have Costa, Hazard and Fabregas who are amazing in the attack, the rest are just average/decent players.

Have you watched any Colombia game at World cup? Cuadrado is amazing attacking prospect ;)

But you have to look at his position .. he was playing alongside back 4 as a right back and Ivanović moved to CB when we were defending. So his attacking prospect in counter attacks is "killed" with this approach. I think he has much to offer but we have to attack and press against this smaller teams .. otherwise there is only Hazard who will look good in attack just because he has roaming freedom and don't have to defend deep ;)

Don't expect miracles here. This team hasn't shown anything so far that would suggest that they have a strong mentality as a group. We'll probably get a lucky bounce but no way this team redeems itself. Mourinho will panic now and play his best possible team with the most pragmatic approach so say goodbye to your hopes for seeing guys like Remy and Luis and our youth players. The latter won't even sniff a second this season anymore.

After the blow we took in CL we really need to start confident in the EPL again!

Why not think out of the box this time? I would go for:

----------Tibo----------

Iva---Zouma-JT---Luis

--------------------------

-----Cesc----Matic-----

Willian---------------Azpi

----------Hazard---------

----------Costa-----------

Don't expect miracles here. This team hasn't shown anything so far that would suggest that they have a strong mentality as a group. We'll probably get a lucky bounce but no way this team redeems itself. Mourinho will panic now and play his best possible team with the most pragmatic approach so say goodbye to your hopes for seeing guys like Remy and Luis and our youth players. The latter won't even sniff a second this season anymore.

I hope you're wrong.

Elaborate my friend.

The best bits.

When being asked about the Champions League defeat:

“If you want to speak about the Champions League you have to go to Wenger or Pellegrino as they are still in the Champions League."

No, that wasn't an error. He called Pellegrini as Pellegrino, again. :lol:

One Sky journalist was focusing on the bad results, performances etc. He responded:

“Be optimistic. Be positive. We want to beat Southampton. We cannot promise we will win the Premier League but we are optimistic.”

The Special One tells Sky’s reporter to be optimistic, saying: “Move on man!”

On Carragher's and Souness' criticism (our players surrounding the ref on Wednesday):

“The world is a bit strange. Maybe because of diets and the products we are eating. Memories are a bit short.

“When Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness speak about it they are having problems.

“I’m not like people sometimes like to describe me. Jamie stopped played two years ago and forgot everything.”

"I managed Benfica not long after him (Souness) ... I know A LOT about him"

"Envy is the biggest tribute that the shadows do to the man."

On any injury concerns before Southampton:

“My doctor told me after the game maybe we have a couple of injuries because we lost. I told the doctor I don’t believe. Zero injuries. Everyone wants to play.

“They are not like some journalists who write bullsh**t and then don’t come to the next press conference. My players aren’t like that.”

Kinda hard to get the fun by reading the quotes. Definitely need to watch his presser.

Have you watched any Colombia game at World cup? Cuadrado is amazing attacking prospect ;)

But you have to look at his position .. he was playing alongside back 4 as a right back and Ivanović moved to CB when we were defending. So his attacking prospect in counter attacks is "killed" with this approach. I think he has much to offer but we have to attack and press against this smaller teams .. otherwise there is only Hazard who will look good in attack just because he has roaming freedom and don't have to defend deep ;)

I have not seen much of him so I don't know how good he is yet, I've seen him play 2 times during the WC and he was really good but I can't really base my opinion on 2 games. I was talking about Willian and Oscar who aren't amazing :).