POTS so far ...

TheWiz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matic, Cesc, Hazard and Diego are all vital in their own way but for me it's Eden.

Top performer in both the PL and CL. Scoring and setting up goals, always creating chances, consistent, unstoppable on the ball and the most reliable performer in the big games. Hoping we get to see him put in top, top class performers in the business end of the season, producing some highly memorable moments and showing the world his ability on the big stage. That's all he's lacking in his career.

A little too early for this thread, but I'll say it's been:

(1) Hazard

(What else can I say about this guy? One man attacking force and has become brutally consistent this season, even more so than last season. The best player in the league and one of the top 5 in the world. Simply unplayable at times. I've noticed he's improved his off the ball movement a lot which is good. Next season, I'll like to see him add more dimension to his game. i.e improve his shooting and taking more shots have to be top of his bucket list. I don't believe he can improve on the things he's already strong at.)

(2) Matic

(Rolls-Royce at the centre of the pitch. Not only the best DM in the world by a fairly big distance, but one of the top 10 players in world football. No complaints. Very good in the big games.)

(3) Fabregas

(Amazing amount of assists in just his first season with us! He alongside Matic in the middle have really transformed the way we control matches. He'll be higher if he actually turned up vs the big teams!! I just can't believe how poor he's in them sometimes. He almost seems nervous in these games. He's much better than that.)

(4) Costa

(This guy is a straight up animal. I won't swap him for any striker in the world, given his age and the way his style suits us. I can't believe so many people were doubting when we signed him. I even read one post here from someone who wanted us to sign Balotelli instead. He can still improve though. He tends to put in too many average performances for my liking when there is little space between the lines but still manages to invariably score. Seems more comfortable away from home where there is more space between the lines for him to exploit.)

(5) Courtois (Perfect transition into the English game. I thought he'll have similar problems to De Gea in his first season here. The way he commands his penalty box and deals with aerial crosses with that immense size of his is what gives him a higher ceiling than Petr Cech. Brilliant shot-stopper obviously, the man can catch a bullet. He's also shown a side of his game I was unfamiliar with. The way he rushes off his line. We've seen that a lot this season.)

Hon mention to Brana. He's been easily our best defender this season.

• 3 weeks later...