Greatest Movie Of All Time

edetarod

I remember everything.

I feel like Grave of the fireflies has to be watched more then once. First time watching the movie is complete agony, words can't describe the sorrow I felt. Second time you appreciate the movie, and you see the beauty And marvel in their great characters. For example the opening scene is honestly arguably the best intro. it is absolutely gorgeous when the janitor throws the fruit tin can and the screen fils up with clouds of light and the hunting musical score starts.Then we see Setsuko ghost, she attempts to run to Seita corpse only to be stopped by Seita tap on the shoulder from behind. Her expression is exquisite when she sees him. It is truly beautiful to see both of them healthy, clean, and at peace.

Not a religious person but moments like that you hope there is a heaven, I am probably going to hell but for people who have suffered so much in this world there needs to be a place for happiness in the after life. They deserve it.

1) 2001: A Space Odyssey

2)Spirited Away.

3) The Tree of Life

4) Persona

5) Andrei Rublev

6) Princess Mononoke

7) The Mirror

8) There Will be Blood

9) The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10) Harakiri

These is my top 10 favorite films.

You my friend have good taste in movies.

1-) Lord of the Rings (all the series)

2-) Hobbit (all the series)

3-) Saving Private Ryan

4-) American History X

5-) Green Street Hooligans

6-) Grown Ups (all the series)

7-) This is England

8-) Ted

9-) The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

10-) Invention of Lying

• 3 weeks later...

Essentially any of the Studio Ghibli films that have are directed by Hiyao Miyazaki are near-perfect.

some recommendations for you : Kafka by Soderbergh (with Jeremy Irons), Insomnia (the original, Norwegian film), Lost Highway, Naked Lunch, The Host (Korean), Oldboy (Korea), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (and the subsequent Swedish productions), Videodrome, Kwaidan, The Samurai Trilogy, Strange Days, Solaris (original with good subtitles, and maybe the American version), The Devils, Santa Sangre, Stalker, Revanche, The AntiChrist, Last of the Mohicans, Funny Games, Altered States, some others: Edge of Tomorrow, Dredd, Punisher War Zone, La Haine, The Princess and the Warrior, Wings of Desire, Far Away So Close, Irreversible... I've also watched some vampire flix recently that were good enough: Only Lovers Left Alive, Byzantium (and a couple others).

Do you have a favorite Miyazaki/Ghibli production?

1) 2001: A Space Odyssey

2)Spirited Away.

3) The Tree of Life

4) Persona

5) Andrei Rublev

6) Princess Mononoke

7) The Mirror

8) There Will be Blood

9) The Good the Bad and the Ugly

10) Harakiri

These is my top 10 favorite films.

something that I watched more than ~13 years ago that might have been almost as torturous as Persona (forgive my memory if I'm wrong): The Piano Teacher, by Hanneke.

some recommendations for you : Kafka by Soderbergh (with Jeremy Irons), Insomnia (the original, Norwegian film), Lost Highway, Naked Lunch, The Host (Korean), Oldboy (Korea), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (and the subsequent Swedish productions), Videodrome, Kwaidan, The Samurai Trilogy, Strange Days, Solaris (original with good subtitles, and maybe the American version), The Devils, Santa Sangre, Stalker, Revanche, The AntiChrist, Last of the Mohicans, Funny Games, Altered States, some others: Edge of Tomorrow, Dredd, Punisher War Zone, La Haine, The Princess and the Warrior, Wings of Desire, Far Away So Close, Irreversible... I've also watched some vampire flix recently that were good enough: Only Lovers Left Alive, Byzantium (and a couple others).

Do you have a favorite Miyazaki/Ghibli production?

I've seen a lot of those films. You've listed some fantastic films.

My favourite Miyazaki film would have to be Princess Mononoke. It is hard to choose though.

• 6 years later...

- Director: George Miller
- Stacker score: 89.1
- Metascore: 90
- IMDb user rating: 8.1
- Runtime: 120 minutes
Lately, I love watching TV shows, and making wanted posters out of them, it's a great idea and then reviewing in a few years what you loved and what your tastes were.
As for me, this is a brilliant idea and there is nothing cooler than this.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 08/05/2022 at 23:04, blues.bridge said:

Les enfant du paradis
Rashomon
Ugetsu monogatari
In the mood for love
Raise the red lantern
Zarkalo
La Strada
Au hasard Balthazar

superb list

I will add 

Il conformista

aka The Conformist

(Bernardo Bertolucci, 1970)

https://classiq.me/style-in-film-il-conformista

The Conformist (1971) — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Il Conformista [1970] | Bernardo bertolucci, Film stills, Love movie

IMG_1292.png

OTB#59: Il conformista – Random Thoughts

IMG_1293.png

• 6 months later...

Top 10 favorite movies, outside of the top 3 the rest is interchangeable. Keyword favorite, there are so many great movies i think it just becomes subjective to debate greatest movie of all time.

Memento

The Deer Hunter

No Country For Old Men.

The Prestige 

There Will Be Blood

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

American History X

Fight Club

The Big Lebowski

• 4 months later...

I've seen this movie Gone With The Wind (1939), I have to say it's really good from the script to the actors' acting. I think everyone should see it once in their life.

12 hours ago, mmax36884 said:

I've seen this movie Gone With The Wind (1939), I have to say it's really good from the script to the actors' acting. I think everyone should see it once in their life.

GWTW is racist AF

Gone With the Wind and the damaging effect of Hollywood racism

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jun/13/gone-with-the-wind-hollywood-racism