Greatest Movie Of All Time

edetarod

I'm surprised people wrote Goodfellas and not Bronx Tale.

Both are really good movies, but bronx tale is definitely better than Goodfellas.

I've never seen Bronx Tale, but if its as good as you say then its going on the watch list.

Everything was perfect in Goodfellas though, from the soundtrack to the fantastic continuous shot introducing you to the characters. A film I used to put on to fall asleep to, only to stay up and watch it every time.

Went to watch it last week with my friends and they ended up dragging me to watch "Black Sea" instead because they don't want to watch something "sciencey" <_<

And there was next to no science, it was just a big blubberfest, and I hardly ever cry at films. It wasn't sad, just incredibly moving.

And there was next to no science, it was just a big blubberfest, and I hardly ever cry at films. It wasn't sad, just incredibly moving.

Great, now I don't want to watch it! :P

Kidding, I've read his biography (by Kitty Ferguson), and while that had quite a lot of (basic) physics, I did find his life story to be very moving and inspiring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Return of the King is an absolute masterpiece.

Aliens.

The Dark Knight trilogy. 2 is a masterpiece, 3 and 1 are both fantastic.

Terminator 2.

Gladiator.

Saving Private Ryan.

EDIT -

The Matrix.

Jurassic Park.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Star Wars Episodes 4, 5 and 6 (in that order as well, A New Hope will always be the best).

I'd like to add Kingsman onto that list, absolutely love the film. Mad as batshit.

• 4 weeks later...

Not easy to pick just 1 but

The Usual Suspects

Well lets add a few more to the list eh.

Theres been some blinding films mentioned by us all and depending on the mood I would probably watch each one of them but some crackers not mentioned yet : In no particular order

Shoot em Up (even if its just for the sex scene' with the absolutely gorgeous Monica Bellucci pray_zps4rfjxpiq.gif)

Sin City

Unlucky Slevin

The Warriors

Clockwork Orange

Altered States

Rolling Stones - Stones in Exile

Se7en

Once Upon a Time In The West

Memento

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Groundhog Day (bugger orf - I like it Fingerwind_zpsy2btpwr3.gif)

My Favourite Movies of All Time are All Movies in The Genre of : Apocalypse, Post-Apocalyptic ,Armageddon , End of The World, Doomsday, Alien Invasions, Aliens and UFO Movies and Movies Like War of The Worlds and Movies Like Transformers and The Avengers, I Am Legend, The Day The Earth Stood Still.

My Favourite Movies of All Time are All Movies in The Genre of : Apocalypse, Post-Apocalyptic ,Armageddon , End of The World, Doomsday, Alien Invasions, Aliens and UFO Movies and Movies Like War of The Worlds and Movies Like Transformers and The Avengers, I Am Legend, The Day The Earth Stood Still.

I watched I Am Legend a couple of times and I wanted to like it but I dont think it touched The Omega Man. Old originals like that and Soylent Green just seem to have something the newer ones miss. Maybe its because I like alot of retro things. Wish I had been around in the 60s/70s.

• 1 month later...