Greatest Movie Of All Time

edetarod

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Return of the King is an absolute masterpiece.

Aliens.

The Dark Knight trilogy. 2 is a masterpiece, 3 and 1 are both fantastic.

Terminator 2.

Gladiator.

Saving Private Ryan.

EDIT -

The Matrix.

Jurassic Park.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Star Wars Episodes 4, 5 and 6 (in that order as well, A New Hope will always be the best).

Edited by Alex

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Return of the King is an absolute masterpiece.

Aliens.

The Dark Knight trilogy. 2 is a masterpiece, 3 and 1 are both fantastic.

Terminator 2.

Gladiator.

Saving Private Ryan.

awesome list. add matrix (sans 3rd part) and it would be perfect.

awesome list. add matrix (sans 3rd part) and it would be perfect.

Fuck me, how did I forgot the first Matrix film? The second one was very good and I enjoy it, but I wouldn't say it is one of the greatest of all time.

I'd also add Jurassic Park to my list. I'll go and edit :)

Memento (I love everything from Nolan)

Fight Club (Fincher - his movies are amazing)

Bronson (Tom Hardy's performance is 10/10)

12 Monkeys, K-PAX, Se7en, Terminator 2, Mad Max, Dark City, Moon, The Man from Earth, Amores Perros,

Total Recall (1990), 21 Grams, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, City of God, 4 Rooms (Tarantino), Adaptation,

Demolition Man, Fifth Element, La Jetée, Rush, Enter the Void, Jarhead,

Also if you ask me, I'd put on the list all Star Wars and Star Trek films, Interstellar, Serenity, Matrix, Robocop (1987)

All worth watching :D

Very true, same here. One of the quotes in my signature is from that movie.

I love Lost in Translation. There's no movie I'd wanna watch more than it.

"Feeling like he was loved and in love was gonna save him." ;) Thought something was familiar from you signature.

Then there was this part, right at the beginning I think, where the kitesurfers were talking about it. One of them said something along the lines "Surfing is like a celebration of life for me, but for this man it was the lowest day of his life"... or something like that. And it made me think about how lonely and isolated people can be, even though we live in an overpopulated world. And the ending scene of the man in black with long hair jumping off the bridge, he was talked about the whole film, you started relating to him, and then you see him splashing in the water with birds singing and peace all around and his grandmother talking about him being "released from pain by pain". And then you had the meth addict who got saved and talked about his wife cheating on him several times in a very emotional way.

This doc is the main reason why the Golden Gate Bridge is my nr.1 place I want to visit one day.

Excellent documentary in the sense that it explored the darkest matters of human kind. Of course it would be better if there was no reason to make such films, but this is not the world we live in and I'm glad somebody made the effort to bring very important problems in life to a wider audience, who maybe had no clue.

Another excellent documentary touching similar subjects is Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple. Gives you an idea of how cults work and how people go to extremes to find a place where they can belong to.

A few that haven't been mentioned:

- Inception (yes, I saw that someone posted it but it deserves to be mentioned again! :P)

- Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind

- The Number 23

- Yes Man (I'm a bit of a Jim Carrey fan, if you haven't noticed!)

- Shutter Island

- Sweeney Tod: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

- All the old bond movies

- The Star Wars films