Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

I'm done with counting on other teams to hold City.

Agreed haha we thought Sunderland would have parked the bus like they did with us until the last minute when they up'd their game and attacked and attacked.

I hope Mikel does start, he's still a good player but he's not as good as some, Drogba should probably go on later on if we are 2-0 up. I'm hoping for a 4-0 or 3-0, we've done that before but that was in 2004. 10 years on would be class.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a 4-0 or 3-0, we've done that before but that was in 2004. 10 years on would be class.

Other than under AVB, I don't remember us winning anywhere near that comfortably at SJP. We actually lost there in 2004. Or do you mean at home?

Other than under AVB, I don't remember us winning anywhere near that comfortably at SJP. We actually lost there in 2004. Or do you mean at home?

Yeah sorry :) we won them 4 - 0 in 2004 at home ;) but hey 10 years on, better, stronger team we could win 10 years on at theirs.

If they're both available I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar drops out and Mikel and Ramires both play in a three with Cesc. Can't see that being a particularly popular selection. But would allow Mikel to shield, and then the legs of Ramires or the vision of Cesc to alternate within our attacks - whilst at all times remaining defensively stable. Almost like two men to do the job of Matic.

I'll go and hide and await the negative responses now.

sounds good to me. Oscar needs a break and Matic is out

Yeah sorry :) we won them 4 - 0 in 2004 at home ;) but hey 10 years on, better, stronger team we could win 10 years on at theirs.

Definitely. We've got a good chance to win there and win well. People on here are nervous as there's a few stats against us and Matic is out.

Anyone would be happy with a point? Obviously it depends on the match but if we come out with a draw I wouldn't be too unhappy. This is probably the hardest away fixture we got left along with Arsenal and Spurs. Just hope Costa keeps on scoring though, don't want Aguero to pull too far away :P

Maybe we should set the negativity on here about Mikel at an all time high so that when he actually plays quite well, he gets a little bit of appreciation. Granted he's no Matic, but there are far worse players out there!

Alright, I'll start:

Oh shit! No Matic??? If Mikel starts we will lose :readthemessage:

:D

Mikel will start? we're dooooomed

It's catching on! :D

I hate this fixture, we always seem to lose at Newcastle. At least Remy can't score against us this time.

The thing is they thrive on open park games, with their powerful but technically limited players driving through the middle. So the absence of Matic is particularly untimely. Anyway, I go along with Choulo's and other's idea of playing Mikel AND Ramires, resting Oscar. Also Ivanovic deserves a rest once.

-----------Tibo----------

Azpi--Cahill---JT---Luis

-------Mikel--Ramy-----

Schürrle--Fab---Hazard

------------Costa---------

I know they will be ambitious and give their all, but just as Spurs they have some absolute muppets in their team especially in Defense, who will commit error after error when we put them under sufficient pressure. I am pretty sure they will start like Tottenham and run their lungs out, so our defense is key to withstand their punctual onslaughts. On the other side of the field, we should look to stretch them with two AMs attacking one side, dribblings and little on-twos giving us space. When enough service falls to Costa we will score. I can not see us failing to score vs that joke of a defense. So as long as we don't surrender them midfield, or committing too many player forward at a time, we should be fine.

For me i'd play (assuming Ake is out and Rambo is fit):

--------------Courtois-----------------

---Ivan-----Cahill----JT-----Azpi---

----------------Mikel-------------------

-------Ramires---------Oscar-------

-Willian----------------------Hazard-

----------------Costa------------------

Subs: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Fabregas, Schurrle, Remy, Drogba.

We need Ramires' legs and Mikel's shielding of the back 4 as others have said. And I thought that Fab looked far more in need of a rest than Oscar so i'd drop Oscar back into a 3 man midfield. I've always thought that he'd work well there.

Fabregas ready to come off the bench if we're in trouble for Oscar/Ramires. Everyone can have a proper rest in the week against Sporting.

I'm liking the idea of playing a midfield of Mikel, Cesc and Ramires (assuming he's fit) and dropping one of Oscar or Willian. Whatever we'll miss from playing one less attacking mid can be made up by allowing Cesc more freedom to influence the game. It would also be helpful if Luis came in for Azpi to provide an attacking threat down the left flank but that probably won't happen. It's a shame because with Luis, Ramires and Cesc supporting Hazard and Costa - I think that would be our best bet at claiming 3 points.

I hate this fixture, we always seem to lose at Newcastle.

At home too. Remember in 2012? That incredible shot by Cisse that caught Cech off of his line? Barcodes are like Everton, they always play CFC tuff no matter the situation.

The thing is they thrive on open park games, with their powerful but technically limited players driving through the middle. So the absence of Matic is particularly untimely. Anyway, I go along with Choulo's and other's idea of playing Mikel AND Ramires, resting Oscar. Also Ivanovic deserves a rest once.

-----------Tibo----------

Azpi--Cahill---JT---Luis

-------Mikel--Ramy-----

Schürrle--Fab---Hazard

------------Costa---------

I know they will be ambitious and give their all, but just as Spurs they have some absolute muppets in their team especially in Defense, who will commit error after error when we put them under sufficient pressure. I am pretty sure they will start like Tottenham and run their lungs out, so our defense is key to withstand their punctual onslaughts. On the other side of the field, we should look to stretch them with two AMs attacking one side, dribblings and little on-twos giving us space. When enough service falls to Costa we will score. I can not see us failing to score vs that joke of a defense. So as long as we don't surrender them midfield, or committing too many player forward at a time, we should be fine.

I have to agree w/ this right here. I like you lineup, but we could insert Oscar on the left if need be, but I don't see a need to take out Willian. He has been playing very good on both sides of the halfway line as of late. Bring in Zie German if we need to go a bit more offensive.

2 Brazilians need to start every game for chelsea(not counting luis or costa)...

So, rambo/willian, willian/oscar, or oscar/rambo. Chelsea is not athletic enough without them and it will show and expose cesc, matic, jt and cahill.