Sporting Lisbon v Chelsea

BlueLion.

Are you a Sporting fan? If so, how does Sporting Fans view Jose? Is he the Anti-Christ to Sporting Fans?

He managed Benfica and Porto, our two rivals. At Porto I remember he made some very offensive comments about our club at some point so maybe the most fanatic fans still have a grudge against him because of that but most of us (at least the ones I know) have a neutral/positive idea of him.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He managed Benfica and Porto, our two rivals. At Porto I remember he made some very offensive comments about our club at some point so maybe the most fanatic fans still have a grudge against him because of that but most of us (at least the ones I know) have a neutral/positive idea of him.

BTW here in Sacramento we have a Semi-pro team that was affiliated w/ Sporting. Some of those players went to Portugal & trained w/ the reserves. They came back w/ fascinating stories of your stadium & your training methods. Cheers mate & remember to keep it Chels!!!

BTW here in Sacramento we have a Semi-pro team that was affiliated w/ Sporting. Some of those players went to Portugal & trained w/ the reserves. They came back w/ fascinating stories of your stadium & your training methods. Cheers mate & remember to keep it Chels!!!

Lucky them. Sporting's academy is in the same standard as Barcelona's and Ajax's. We formed Cristiano and Figo and practically all high quality players of the starting 11 of the national team for the past decade. Even young kids who support other clubs, are known to choose Sporting as their academy till they grow older.

We definitely have the most passionate fanbase in the country (although I'm a little biased here :D) .

Watched their match yesterday but it had no indications about how they would play against us. It was a freak match where both teams didn't look interested in defending but the finishing on both sides was selfish and atrocious so it somehow only ended 1-1.

I expect a completely different match on Tuesday. But it is clear that they have a quick team that is able to move the ball quickly. Nani seems to be the star man, taking all the set-pieces and calling the shots. They have also draw 4 of their 6 matches so far this season. So it seems like they are lacking in consistency even inside the same match.

That's pretty much all I could figure out about them.

I will never understand why United loaned out Nani to them... When Nani would fit LVG tactics the best out of the current players on United.

Seriously?

So far he has used the 3-5-2 and the diamond 4-4-2 formation.

In a 3-5-2 he would have had to play as a wingback. Nani's workrate and defensive contribution is so Poor that he would have been worse than young and valencia.

In a 4-4-2 diamond, he has no place.

Hi there! I'm a Sporting fan.

Hey, we share a similar history of a club with a lion on its crest that almost went bankrupt because of the new stadium and mismanagement overall. And yes we even had our badge controversially changed without fans being heard too.

It's been a while since we last played in the Champions League, from our eleven only Nani, Patrício and Adrien have played at this stage. That's why we are looking forward to this match on Tuesday. It'll be an exciting game, the biggest challenge of the year. I don't expect to collect 3 points here. We're just waking up from a long crisis that started to be felt in 2005 after we lost the UEFA Cup at home and that had its lowest point when we ended in 7th in 2012-13. This is a new team mostly made up of youngsters from our academy and many guys that were playing for small teams.

We are commemorating 50 years of the 1964 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup win and I'll be happy with the lads delivering a respectful performance in front of the fans and all the eyes that will be set on this match. The atmosphere will be excellent and I'm sure it will be a great meeting.

In their first match, did Sporting playing really bad or Maribor who playing quite good?

Maribor aren't very good. We had 63% ball possession and scored a nice goal but we missed a lot of opportunities. We always do.

And just because Maribor were so nice to us, at minute 91:40 our centre-backs decided we should share the prize money...........

AngelicPossibleCurlew.gif

Maribor aren't very good. We had 63% ball possession and scored a nice goal but we missed a lot of opportunities. We always do.

And just because Maribor were so nice to us, at minute 91:40 our centre-backs decided we should share the prize money...........

AngelicPossibleCurlew.gif

I see, lol at your last sentence. Good luck for your team at Tuesday, hope it will be a good game.

Don't think Mourinho will rotate much because it's a match we really want to win. Probably only Remy/Drogba in for Costa.

Hope Jose doesn't start Drogba again. Club legend or not, but he shouldn't be starting important games. And this is an important game. We must win this.