Honest Expectations and Bold Predictions for the 2014/15 Season

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho was fired once.

We all know what happened since then.

Yes we won trophies, but that was with Jose's ageing squad, and we were never able to get a "team" again, no balance.

All it took Jose was 1 YEAR. The way he has fixed our squad has been nothing short of phenomenal.

I think the club and Roman have both realised how important a good manager is and the stability he brings.

Jose by design is a winner, and while he is here, we will win trophies.

His style of play has also improved, and he is much less negative as he was before.

He has also matured over time and is not as confrontational as he was in his first stint.

Meanwhile , Roman has also matured and doesnt desire the level of control he wanted in his first few years as an owner.

Too many things have changed at this football club for Mou to be fired for coming second, why btw wont happen.

I am more confident than ever, that we will win the title this year and should have a long run in the FA Cup and CL.

Not too sure how highly Jose will treat the COC, as the priority this year will be the league over every other competition.

Man City just have too much firepower and the Costa injury confirms my fears.

1. Man City

2. Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal

5. Man United

I think we can definitely finish in the top 3 whatever happens.

We may make another run in the Champions League but that again depends on keeping our one and only quality striker healthy so not confident.

FA Cup/Carling Cup all depends on the draw.

Man City just have too much firepower and the Costa injury confirms my fears.

1. Man City

2. Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal

5. Man United

I think we can definitely finish in the top 3 whatever happens.

We may make another run in the Champions League but that again depends on keeping our one and only quality striker healthy so not confident.

FA Cup/Carling Cup all depends on the draw.

Would you completely revise that if we brought in a quality 2nd choice? What striker would you sign if given the choice?

Would you completely revise that if we brought in a quality 2nd choice?

I definitely would.

What striker would you sign if given the choice?

There has to be somebody out there who would represent an upgrade on our current options and that has scope for further development. It doesn't even have to be a pure out and out striker like a Costa; I'd even take a support striker who can double up as a CF when needed. Look at the variety City have in their attacking options for example, Aguero is very different to Dzeko for example.

One kid I really like is Heung-Min Son at Leverkusen. I first noticed him when he turned Carvalho inside out and scored against us in a friendly game a few years ago. He's more of a support striker but scores goals and definitely has the ability to get better numbers. He's cup-tied for Champions League so will never happen but I hope he's one we're watching.*

Destro looks interesting enough and perhaps even Firmino who was linked a while ago?

My point is there are always players out there; we just have to take a calculated risk instead of waiting and waiting for a sure thing...like Torres. :Goober:

*2015 Heung-Min Son fan club is accepting applications. Jump on board, Skip. -_-

I definitely would.

There has to be somebody out there who would represent an upgrade on our current options and that has scope for further development. It doesn't even have to be a pure out and out striker like a Costa; I'd even take a support striker who can double up as a CF when needed. Look at the variety City have in their attacking options for example, Aguero is very different to Dzeko for example.

One kid I really like is Heung-Min Son at Leverkusen. I first noticed him when he turned Carvalho inside out and scored against us in a friendly game a few years ago. He's more of a support striker but scores goals and definitely has the ability to get better numbers. He's cup-tied for Champions League so will never happen but I hope he's one we're watching.*

Destro looks interesting enough and perhaps even Firmino who was linked a while ago?

My point is there are always players out there; we just have to take a calculated risk instead of waiting and waiting for a sure thing...like Torres. :Goober:

*2015 Heung-Min Son fan club is accepting applications. Jump on board, Skip. -_-

I remember I was excited to see Son in the WC. He's good, I would personally like to see us try and get Lacazette from Lyon. Like Son, he's more of a support striker too.

I remember I was excited to see Son in the WC. He's good, I would personally like to see us try and get Lacazette from Lyon. Like Son, he's more of a support striker too.

There are definitely interesting options out there, we can't keep waiting for a big name to become available. If anything Costa is the big name.

Heung-Min Son's goal against us here:

Not only did he make a fool of Carvalho he beat the mighty Ross Turnbull. He did that at 18 years of age...the kid is a beast :Goober:

That was 4 years ago btw; time flies :noexpression:

There are definitely interesting options out there, we can't keep waiting for a big name to become available. If anything Costa is the big name.

Heung-Min Son's goal against us here:

Not only did he make a fool of Carvalho he beat the mighty Ross Turnbull. He did that at 18 years of age...the kid is a beast :Goober:

That was 4 years ago btw; time flies :noexpression:

Nothing special about that goal, especially if U compare it to what Ronaldinho did with Carvalho.

:lol: I like HMS, but I've never seen him as the type to be the spearhead of a team? I know he can play up front but isn't he like Schurrle in the fact that he operates better from the flanks where he can start his runs from deep and utilise that cracking long shot he has?

Firmino would be an interesting buy too actually, even though he is more of a 10 than a 9, but he's impressed me when he had to fill in up front. His link up play is obviously very good because of his number 10 background. Would be an interesting project.

Destro, haven't seen much of tbh...

:lol:I like HMS, but I've never seen him as the type to be the spearhead of a team? I know he can play up front but isn't he like Schurrle in the fact that he operates better from the flanks where he can start his runs from deep and utilise that cracking long shot he has?

Firmino would be an interesting buy too actually, even though he is more of a 10 than a 9, but he's impressed me when he had to fill in up front. His link up play is obviously very good because of his number 10 background. Would be an interesting project.

Destro, haven't seen much of tbh...

Yeah, he's quite similar to Schurrle but I think he's more capable to play through the middle than Schurrle is from what I've seen. I would like to see Schurrle given an extended chance as a forward if we don't sign somebody/Torres stays.

Not to be such a pessimist but does anyone get the feeling that things are too "perfect" for us at the moment? Somehow, I just get the feeling we will get into some tough times ahead because at the moment pretty much everything is going our way.

Realistic predictions:

Chelsea win two trophies

Chelsea turn a profit this year

Jose wins Manager of the year( with all the change over to get us to play incredible football so quickly can't be ignored)

Diego Costa POTY

No less than semis of the Champions League.

Bold Predictions:

Chelsea win a treble - Carling, Prem and European Cup

Diego Costa scores 35+ goals

Cesc gets Ballon D'or consideration

Chelsea top the league with more than 90 points.

Im still intregued by how we will go about the big games and who will miss out.

We have Thiabut and the back four, beyond that Matic and Rami will play, Schurrle I think will almost always be super sub in big games, Costa up front obviously.

Which leaves two of Cesc, Willian and Oscar. I do think there will be some games especially away Cesc might be sacrafised for the defensive protection the two Brazilians offer.

Would be great if we could win the league with four games to spare, then we could give Cech and Mark the two games each needed for a medal :D

Would be a great way for Cech to end his career with us (he won't stick around as number 2 for longer than a year I doubt) and Schwarzer to end his career.

(I read rules have changed to something like 140 minutes for a medal, Jack Rodwell got one last season)

Would be great if we could win the league with four games to spare, then we could give Cech and Mark the two games each needed for a medal :D

Would be a great way for Cech to end his career with us (he won't stick around as number 2 for longer than a year I doubt) and Schwarzer to end his career.

(I read rules have changed to something like 140 minutes for a medal, Jack Rodwell got one last season)

Only 140 minutes now? From having to appear in 10 games to just that?? :o Surely not???

Only 140 minutes now? From having to appear in 10 games to just that?? :o Surely not???

Im not totally sure but I remember reading Rodwell got one for about that number of minutes (someone mentioned it to take the piss out of Gerrard).

Would make some sense, I think there was a consideration to the rules a while ago because players could make a vital contribution to the title race but miss out on a medal, Macheda for example.

Im not totally sure but I remember reading Rodwell got one for about that number of minutes (someone mentioned it to take the piss out of Gerrard).

Would make some sense, I think there was a consideration to the rules a while ago because players could make a vital contribution to the title race but miss out on a medal, Macheda for example.

Just checked. The league rules now state players only have to make 5 appearances during the season to get a medal, not the 10 previously as they have lowered the requirements two seasons ago. And it doesn't even matter how many minutes they got as long as they play in 5 games.

In the case of Rodwell, he got the medal last season after making 5 appearances - 1 as starter, 4 as subs - despite playing only 109 minutes in the entire season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625682/Jack-Rodwell-collects-Premier-League-winners-medal-despite-starting-just-one-game-Manchester-City.html