Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2070781-scouting-report-grading-chelsea-defender-kurt-zoumas-season-at-saint-etienne

Interesting article on him and another reason why we shouldn't be looking to loan out Kalas. Kalas is ahead of Zouma in his development right now and I'm not convinced Iva, JT or Cahill is enough for an entire season and I'm not convinced being a reserve player is good for Zouma's development..

Basically, Zouma have a great opportunity to impress Jose in preseason. If he perform well and deliver solid performances, there is a chance he could be in the squad next season. I personally think, he could make it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2070781-scouting-report-grading-chelsea-defender-kurt-zoumas-season-at-saint-etienne

Interesting article on him and another reason why we shouldn't be looking to loan out Kalas. Kalas is ahead of Zouma in his development right now and I'm not convinced Iva, JT or Cahill is enough for an entire season and I'm not convinced being a reserve player is good for Zouma's development..

I don't think Kalas is ahead of Zouma... Zouma has played more first team football at a higher level than Kalas. It's more the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...

"I really wanted to go to Chelsea. Did I have other offers? Yes, there were Internazionale, Monaco and Manchester United. All those clubs called," he told France Football magazine. When I had a phone call from Mourinho, I thought someone was imitating him. First, I could hardly talk. It is very flattering to have a call from one of the best coaches in the world."

"He told me I have an interesting profile and he wanted to do with me what he did with Raphael Varane at Real Madrid. Thanks to him he became one of the best French defenders. When you hear that, you reply yes immediately. Being one of the best French defenders is an objective for me."

Mourinho told him that he wants to do a 'Varane' with him. I think he'll have a pretty big role for us next season, hence why I don't think we're after a CB really.

Mourinho told him that he wants to do a 'Varane' with him. I think he'll have a pretty big role for us next season, hence why I don't think we're after a CB really.

Or maybe he just wanted him to sign.

I hope he'll have a role, I think we're covered enough at the CBs department with JT Cahill and Iva, and Zouma could surely get some minutes in some league games and also the cups.