Nemanja Matic

.Cee

The Problem is .. I dont see anyone who can adequately replace Matic. And I dont just mean in our Team. Because he is such natural and complete Footballer.

Tiago would have which is why I was really disappointed when we pulled out of the deal. A leader, experienced, defensively solid, tactically astute and his passing range is better than Matic's too.

Do I realy read people want to sub Matic... :rolleyes:

Mikel will do well in less important games while Matic, engine as he is can probably play more games per season than any other player in our team atm.

His form will also get better for sure.

Mikel will do well in less important games while Matic, engine as he is can probably play more games per season than any other player in our team atm.

Welcome to TalkChelsea.

To be honest ramires was good there last season but we were always worried about needing him for penetration in the final third even if his passing is woeful.

I agree I'm worried about Matic but let's see how the first big game pans out should be a belter, will be won or lost in midfield against city for sure.

Mourinho thinks he's our best player so far combined with Ivanovic - which is unfair and to be quite honest, not even true.

He had an average first half against Leicester, he was poor piss defending in the first half against Everton where I counted four times he gave the ball away under pressure, in our half, and initiated Everton attacks.

And then I thought, maybe we could sub him, but the option is Mikel and while I'm sure Mikel wouldn't make the same mistakes, he wouldn't have scored that goal either (although I would never say he would assist Costa with a back heel either, and well, he did it).

His natural substitute is Ramires - or could have been Marco (I wish it was Marco in all honesty), but the matches Ramires is playing, we're left with Mikel. So in the end it was good he played the 90 minutes not only because of the goal, but because when things got tough before the fifth and sixth goals, he actually stepped up.

He's one of the reasons our defense is conceding so much imo. He isn't protecting them as he did last season and we were a oil machine defensively last season because every guy played their part. He's not the only problem, but he's causing us a problem but helping to create the abyss between our midfield and defense - which is one of our major problems this start of season imo.

I thought that was weird too but I think Jose was more just making a point about the fitness levels of players who went to the world cup versus player who did not.

so a player can't have a bad day in the office and be subbed out during the match?

He had an awful first half, if we have a better replacement (as Ramires was already playing) I'm positive we would have subbed him - or maybe Mourinho would take the risk and hope for him to reach form, but no player is infallible and having bad matches is part of the job.

Only in TalkChelsea this would seem like a foreign concept.

so a player can't have a bad day in the office and be subbed out during the match?

He had an awful first half, if we have a better replacement (as Ramires was already playing) I'm positive we would have subbed him - or maybe Mourinho would take the risk and hope for him to reach form, but no player is infallible and having bad matches is part of the job.

Only in TalkChelsea this would seem like a foreign concept.

How can you single out matic during the Everton match? The whole team defended badly. Mistakes were made by almost every player.

How can you single out matic during the Everton match? The whole team defended badly. Mistakes were made by almost every player.

I'm saying in the first half he had a horrible match, it has nothing to do with how the team defended, how many goals we conceded, nothing. He had a bad first half, but couldn't be subbed because either Mourinho is giving him time to regain form (although according to Mourinho himself he's our best player of the season alongside Iva - which honestly makes no sense, unless it's in the physical aspect as Choulo suggested) or he didn't see a better option in our bench...

Everyone with two eyes could see how he was individually bad, technically poor and misplacing too many passes without being effective pressing. He only improved in the last 20 minutes or so of the match. What I'm saying here has nothing to do with how the team defended through the match and the goals conceded, I'm not singling out anyone, I'm pointing one player had a terrible first half and in other scenario would probably be subbed off.

I'm astonished as people in this forum get shocked now by the suggestion of a player having a bad match being subbed out in said match. I guess the football rules changed and I missed the memo? Aren't substitutions during a match allowed anymore? Can't players having a bad day be subbed? I guess those became foreign concepts around here because I only said he could have been subbed out and people are reacting as if I said we should give him a few weeks in the bench or that it was his fault we conceded three goals... talk about overreaction.

I've been clear on my opinion about it, if people want to interpret it any other way, be my guesses, I won't be arsed to keep answering the obvious though. I think he could have been subbed, you disagree, we move on, but don't make it into something I did not.

I'm saying in the first half he had a horrible match, it has nothing to do with how the team defended, how many goals we conceded, nothing. He had a bad first half, but couldn't be subbed because either Mourinho is giving him time to regain form (although according to Mourinho himself he's our best player of the season alongside Iva - which honestly makes no sense, unless it's in the physical aspect as Choulo suggested) or he didn't see a better option in our bench...

Everyone with two eyes could see how he was individually bad, technically poor and misplacing too many passes without being effective pressing. He only improved in the last 20 minutes or so of the match. What I'm saying here has nothing to do with how the team defended through the match and the goals conceded, I'm not singling out anyone, I'm pointing one player had a terrible first half and in other scenario would probably be subbed off.

I'm astonished as people in this forum get shocked now by the suggestion of a player having a bad match being subbed out in said match. I guess the football rules changed and I missed the memo? Aren't substitutions during a match allowed anymore? Can't players having a bad day be subbed? I guess those became foreign concepts around here because I only said he could have been subbed out and people are reacting as if I said we should give him a few weeks in the bench or that it was his fault we conceded three goals... talk about overreaction.

I've been clear on my opinion about it, if people want to interpret it any other way, be my guesses, I won't be arsed to keep answering the obvious though. I think he could have been subbed, you disagree, we move on, but don't make it into something I did not.

Ok but Oscar clearly had a terrible first half against Leicester but you defended him. If you are going to pick out Matic's performance against Everton then how can you defend Oscars shoddy performances for club and country in 2014?

I don't think his passing is the problem. I think he was just being dragged out of position multiple times. Everton player movement was fantastic.

Naismith (I think it was naismith, need to watch the game again) drag Matic out of position multiple times. We were exposed. I have to give everton player a lot of credit, their movement was fantastic.

Ok but Oscar clearly had a terrible first half against Leicester but you defended him. If you are going to pick out Matic's performance against Everton then how can you defend Oscars shoddy performances for club and country in 2014?

LOL

First of all, I didn't defend Oscar's first half ONCE because I said a THOUSAND times I didn't see the first half, how could I defend a player I haven't watched? What I said a couple times was that everyone was saying the whole team was bad, so people nitpicking on Oscar were just the usual suspects. That I said... Then I watched the second half and said he was our best player tied with Iva in my opinion. Get your facts straight before sprouting bullshit.

Can you conceive there's a difference between Leicester playing away and Everton playing home or in your head is the same situation? He was setting up Everton's attacks in the first, was that what Oscar was doing? He was giving the ball to a powerful Leicester side and threatening Courtois? Also, maybe if I had watched the Leicester first half I would have advocated for an Oscar sub if I thought that it would have improved us, I've asked him to be subbed out many times before... as I didn't watch, I couldn't speak.

Seriously, when did the level of comprehension on this forum dropped so much? People can't read, can't understand and make up things... I don't have patience for stupidity, never had and never will.

I don't think his passing is the problem. I think he was just being dragged out of position multiple times. Everton player movement was fantastic.

Naismith (I think it was naismith, need to watch the game again) drag Matic out of position multiple times. We were exposed. I have to give everton player a lot of credit, their movement was fantastic.

I think our midfield has issues controlling the tempo and that was general, Matic, Cesc and Ramires. We struggled a bit positioning and covering the defense as you pointed. But Matic was technically having a bad match. As I said watching the match live, I counted four Everton attacks started by him misplacing a pass or giving in under pressure. We were used to Matic being the machine he's always been, so it was eye-catching for me. He improved slightly in the second and had some amazing last 20 minutes. But I agree with your point too... Everton midfield moved smartly and made our job harder (no way comparable to Leicester playing away... but people will compare the two situations anyway).

I'm astonished as people in this forum get shocked now by the suggestion of a player having a bad match being subbed out in said match.

Honestly, I'm bewildered that you still get astonished by the things that the people on this forum are shocked by :)

LOL

First of all, I didn't defend Oscar's first half ONCE because I said a THOUSAND times I didn't see the first half, how could I defend a player I haven't watched? What I said a couple times was that everyone was saying the whole team was bad, so people nitpicking on Oscar were just the usual suspects. That I said... Then I watched the second half and said he was our best player tied with Iva in my opinion. Get your facts straight before sprouting bullshit.

Can you conceive there's a difference between Leicester playing away and Everton playing home or in your head is the same situation? He was setting up Everton's attacks in the first, was that what Oscar was doing? He was giving the ball to a powerful Leicester side and threatening Courtois? Also, maybe if I had watched the Leicester first half I would have advocated for an Oscar sub if I thought that it would have improved us, I've asked him to be subbed out many times before... as I didn't watch, I couldn't speak.

Seriously, when did the level of comprehension on this forum dropped so much? People can't read, can't understand and make up things... I don't have patience for stupidity, never had and never will.

I think our midfield has issues controlling the tempo and that was general, Matic, Cesc and Ramires. We struggled a bit positioning and covering the defense as you pointed. But Matic was technically having a bad match. As I said watching the match live, I counted four Everton attacks started by him misplacing a pass or giving in under pressure. We were used to Matic being the machine he's always been, so it was eye-catching for me. He improved slightly in the second and had some amazing last 20 minutes. But I agree with your point too... Everton midfield moved smartly and made our job harder (no way comparable to Leicester playing away... but people will compare the two situations anyway).

Agree, btw we miss oscar in this game, I was surprised when oscar did not come in for Fabregas in the 2nd half then somebody told me he was injured.

This game expose fabregas a little bit, he is brilliant offensively but kinda suspect at defending

truth-has-been-spoken.jpg

And it hurts, you're absolutely right, Chou, as usual :P

I'm the idiot here ;)

Actually I was just playing on the synonyms and half expecting Alex to come up with some ridiculous vocab word I've never heard of! :lol:

I would never even attempt to suggest something like that! :halo: