test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stats

Loaned Out Lewis Baker

Started by Stats,

610 posts in this topic

Gutted he seemingly isnt sticking around and given game time here.

Positives of the 2 year deal to Boro (If it happens) they should get promoted this season provided they keep Gibson and Baker does join. Gives him a year to make himself a first team player/gain managers trust and next season should be a started for a premier league team. Deals to Reading/Birmingham make less sense 

24 minutes ago, gadget said:

Gutted he seemingly isnt sticking around and given game time here.

Positives of the 2 year deal to Boro (If it happens) they should get promoted this season provided they keep Gibson and Baker does join. Gives him a year to make himself a first team player/gain managers trust and next season should be a started for a premier league team. Deals to Reading/Birmingham make less sense 

He had first team player experience last year with Vitesse and has accumulated over 100 starts with clubs+country. This makes little or no sense , gutted like a fish he hasn't be given a chance this season.

2015  Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 4 (0)
2015  Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 12 (3)
2015–2017  Vitesse (loan) 64 (15)
National team
2011 England U17 7 (1)
2013–2014 England U19 14 (9)
2014–2015 England U20 7 (1)
2015–2017 England U21 17 (8)

39 minutes ago, mccg said:

He had first team player experience last year with Vitesse and has accumulated over 100 starts with clubs+country. This makes little or no sense , gutted like a fish he hasn't be given a chance this season.

National team
2011 England U17 7 (1)

It only makes sense IF Conte wasn't impressed by him throughout pre season.

Musonda, Boga and Christensen seem to be 'part' of the first team and they were all mentioned by Conte at least once during pre season....as for Baker, I don't really recall him being mentioned.

Chelsea? likes this

9 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It only makes sense IF Conte wasn't impressed by him throughout pre season.

Musonda, Boga and Christensen seem to be 'part' of the first team and they were all mentioned by Conte at least once during pre season....as for Baker, I don't really recall him being mentioned.

Might be Conte wants a fully experienced at their peak cm and dosn't want to take a risk at Lewis potential and make another point to the board . Who knows anymore with this club!

Feels harsh on baker. He bought in and played well at his last loan. 2 year deal feels like the end of his Chelsea career unless he really turns into something undeniable. What a shame, i hoped he would stick with the club this year and learn under Cesc

mccg and King11Didier like this

I think for his development Middlesbrough is a good loan.

For some of the promoted / bottom half PL teams he might have been a good punt too, but there's always the risk of not getting enough games like Chalobah at Burnley couple years ago so it's better to play more at lower level than watch games from the stands at top level. Also there aren't too many suitable PL clubs left who haven't already got themselves a loanee from Chelsea and the PL rules allow only one loanee from the same parent club. 

Baker's only really played at professional level footy in Eredivisie and while his performances there were great it's still a massive step up to go straight from there to the Premier League so maybe for him it's better to commit to a long term loan at a top Championship side and if they get promoted then he's already an integral part of their squad so there's a good chance he'd get a lot of experience from PL level next year.

Long term loans seem to be the new trend. Courtois was obviously the first to do that but he was bought for a decent amount of money so doesn't really count, but after that we've seen two year loans for Christensen, Baker (Vitesse), Kalas, Piazon, Van Ginkel and now again Baker at Middlesbrough. For the players these long term loans are great, they get a sense of belonging at their loan clubs and can focus on developing their game instead of always having to adjust to new surroundings at a new club which takes is obviously bound to take it's toll on the youngsters. 

5 hours ago, mccg said:

National team
2011 England U17 7 (1)

I agree. Conte doesn't seem to rate him and looks like he prefers players 25+ to be part of our team

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Kenedy n Baker loaned-  bench on Saturday will be interesting, anybody going to the match take your boots

What a shambles the board in most have been this summer , can't believe they still havn't learnt from past nightmares, this should have been another season when we kicked on and added depth to the quality(Morata-Bakayoko-Rudiger hopefully upgrades from what we had) to compete in league+champions league , but to sell Ake-Matic-Chalobah,loan out Ruben looks like Baker in most looks like terrible business giving the state of our squad and 10th August still shy in 3 or 4 positions .

Fulham Broadway likes this

27 minutes ago, mccg said:

What a shambles the board in most have been this summer , can't believe they still havn't learnt from past nightmares, this should have been another season when we kicked on and added depth to the quality(Morata-Bakayoko-Rudiger hopefully upgrades from what we had) to compete in league+champions league , but to sell Ake-Matic-Chalobah,loan out Ruben looks like Baker in most looks like terrible business giving the state of our squad and 10th August still shy in 3 or 4 positions .

Yeah think most Chels feel the same -and I am not that surprised to be honest. I reckon this wont be a title chasing season by the board, , though it is by the players, manager and fans. Every team wants to beat the champions, and can't see much past City and their insane spending. A spree where two of their players cost the same as the whole Brighton set up. I am prepared to be surprised, but this conservative spending by our very rich club, I am expecting top four and/or a domestic cup

Duppy Conqueror, Fernando and mccg like this

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah think most Chels feel the same -and I am not that surprised to be honest. I reckon this wont be a title chasing season by the board, , though it is by the players, manager and fans. Every team wants to beat the champions, and can't see much past City and their insane spending. A spree where two of their players cost the same as the whole Brighton set up. I am prepared to be surprised, but this conservative spending by our very rich club, I am expecting top four and/or a domestic cup

Sound weird after a title winning season but i'd be content with a top 4 finish. Last season we outplayed expectations + the Manchester's have strengthened where we have neither straightened nor weakened. Hopefully, not that i can see it now, we/Conte is starting to build a team to compete on all fronts in 2 to 3 seasons

Fulham Broadway likes this

24 minutes ago, gadget said:

Sound weird after a title winning season but i'd be content with a top 4 finish. Last season we outplayed expectations + the Manchester's have strengthened where we have neither straightened nor weakened. Hopefully, not that i can see it now, we/Conte is starting to build a team to compete on all fronts in 2 to 3 seasons

Lol no that's not weird, I'd be pretty content with that too. Unless a couple of marqee signings arrive by the end of the month,  we'll be over achieving in winning another title. 2018-19 could well be different though.

gadget likes this

3 hours ago, Jype said:

I think for his development Middlesbrough is a good loan.

For some of the promoted / bottom half PL teams he might have been a good punt too, but there's always the risk of not getting enough games like Chalobah at Burnley couple years ago so it's better to play more at lower level than watch games from the stands at top level. Also there aren't too many suitable PL clubs left who haven't already got themselves a loanee from Chelsea and the PL rules allow only one loanee from the same parent club. 

Baker's only really played at professional level footy in Eredivisie and while his performances there were great it's still a massive step up to go straight from there to the Premier League so maybe for him it's better to commit to a long term loan at a top Championship side and if they get promoted then he's already an integral part of their squad so there's a good chance he'd get a lot of experience from PL level next year.

Long term loans seem to be the new trend. Courtois was obviously the first to do that but he was bought for a decent amount of money so doesn't really count, but after that we've seen two year loans for Christensen, Baker (Vitesse), Kalas, Piazon, Van Ginkel and now again Baker at Middlesbrough. For the players these long term loans are great, they get a sense of belonging at their loan clubs and can focus on developing their game instead of always having to adjust to new surroundings at a new club which takes is obviously bound to take it's toll on the youngsters. 

We thought the same about Bamford and look how that turned out. A Prem loan would be more beneficial IMO.

On another note, we need new players fast.

Always interesting to see how a promising Chelsea youth falls off. Every time I hear ppl get excited about a youth, I just think to myself " I wonder how this guy's down fall will look like". 

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We thought the same about Bamford and look how that turned out. A Prem loan would be more beneficial IMO.

On another note, we need new players fast.

Patrick Bamford is exactly why a Premier League loan can sometimes be a huge risk for a young player.

Bamford had a great 14/15 season with Middlesbrough in the Championship and after that he got loans spells at Palace, Norwich and Burnley to test his level in the Premier League and he failed at all of them. Maybe if he stayed at Boro for another season, even if it was in the Championship, his development would've been a lot better suited. Going to a PL club too early can really harm a young lad's career. 

And yeah, either way by leaving it this late to go on loan there aren't enough suitable Premier League clubs left for Baker. All of Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Palace already have one loanee from Chelsea and can't take another. There's Bournemouth who play the kind of football Baker would probably be well suited for but I don't know how stacked they are in midfield already. 

Patrick Bamford is exactly why a Premier League loan can sometimes be a huge risk for a young player.
Bamford had a great 14/15 season with Middlesbrough in the Championship and after that he got loans spells at Palace, Norwich and Burnley to test his level in the Premier League and he failed at all of them. Maybe if he stayed at Boro for another season, even if it was in the Championship, his development would've been a lot better suited. Going to a PL club too early can really harm a young lad's career. 
And yeah, either way by leaving it this late to go on loan there aren't enough suitable Premier League clubs left for Baker. All of Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke and Palace already have one loanee from Chelsea and can't take another. There's Bournemouth who play the kind of football Baker would probably be well suited for but I don't know how stacked they are in midfield already. 
Guess Abraham's progress this season will be telling for a number of reasons.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Guess Abraham's progress this season will be telling for a number of reasons.

True. I'm feeling really optimistic for him though, only seen him play a bunch of times but seems a real talent which is something I didn't really feel for Bamford. There was so much hype around Abraham in the summer that he had his pick of bottom half PL clubs to go on loan to so I'm guessing Swansea convinced him he'd get enough games and have a chance to score lots of goals. I trust Paul Clement & Claude Makelele to take good care of Tammy. 

I don`t look at loans with any thought of how they will develop for us anymore,been a long time since...I just see the loan outs as putting our youth in the shop window to sell eventually however good they do. Courtois won the title in Spain..that seems to be what a player has to do to stay here..win a major league title in Spain or Germany..we have loaned out players who have won trophies elsewhere but then not get a sniff..i honestly believe if Courtois had been loaned to Seville or Valencia he would not have made his way into our 1st team squad.regardless of how good he did. 

even those few who currently look like getting a squad place going into this season I expect to be in that same shop window either January or at the end of the season. the signings I would go for would be veterans who could help us for a few years whilst our youth are being rotated in but we still sign those early 20`s young players.whom we usually sign after impressing for a year or two ..we happily fork out 40m for them but when young players on our books do that on loan..we either sell them or loan out again and again. it`s fucked up..the fastest route to the first team at Chelsea for a youngster here is to be sold to another club then in a year or two we will want them back and try to re-sign them.instead of just giving them a genuine chance. there is minutes for young players with us..we are 3-0 up 30 minutes to go,we don`t need to be bringing on the Pedro`s,Willian`s for Hazard. Azpi didn`t need to play every fookin` minute of last season in the league..

we needed to strengthen..we made the signings that would have strengthened us for an attack on all fronts if we didn`t sell or loan out so much..1 step forward,2 steps back..