Lewis Baker

Stats

His shooting is brilliant. We might as well bring him in place of Oscar, but only if he gets enough playtime.

Its all good Ake was recalled, but honestly will he even play? He wont be starter, so as backup to either CBs or Marcos, which means maybe two games this season if no injuries happen.

Baker tho, I see some glimpses of Lamps in his finishing, I hope he makes it here.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:27 AM, BlueLyon said:

Baker tho, I see some glimpses of Lamps in his finishing, I hope he makes it here.

Yes, he's the closest thing to Lamps in English football at the moment. I'm fairly optimistic that Conte will fall in love with this kid during the next pre-season.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Yes, he's the closest thing to Lamps in English football at the moment. I'm fairly optimistic that Conte will fall in love with this kid during the next pre-season.

Cool that people stil think 21 as "kid". 

Im 22 and everyone around me thinks I should have my own apartment, wife and 10 children, while I probably have mind of a 10 year old :lol:

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im 22 and everyone around me thinks I should have my own apartment, wife and 10 children, while I probably have mind of a 10 year old :lol:

Hahah well I'm 28 but I call 27 year olds as "kids" :D I guess I have a mind of 10 year old as well since I still have that school yard mentality and I like to tease people who are younger than me lol.

And don't worry about the apartments and such. You'll have plenty of time to play house, pretending to be an utterly boring adult. Being a young adult, a "kid" whilst living at home is actually great but many people are not able to enjoy that period as much as they should because they think filling everyday life with responsibilities as soon as possible is somehow socially desirable.

-----

I think it's actually really impressive that players like Lewis Baker are able to move alone to foreign countries at such a young age and still able to play football and improve everyday. I guess the Chelsea loan system might not always (almost never) work for the first team but most likely it provides the youth players with a great opportunity to grow as people, especially if they go abroad. That experience might be worth a lot more than any degree they could ever get from a formal educational institute.

13 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Hahah well I'm 28 but I call 27 year olds as "kids" :D I guess I have a mind of 10 year old as well since I still have that school yard mentality and I like to tease people who are younger than me lol.

And don't worry about the apartments and such. You'll have plenty of time to play house, pretending to be an utterly boring adult. Being a young adult, a "kid" whilst living at home is actually great but many people are not able to enjoy that period as much as they should because they think filling everyday life with responsibilities as soon as possible is somehow socially desirable.

55 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I'm between you two, I'm 25 and absolutely hating it. They say you experience your first so-called mid-middle age crisis at that age, which is completely true for me. 

• 1 month later...

He & Christensen are our only young loan players with top professional attitudes on the level of any other player we've had. The determination to succeed, and knowing you have to make a mark in football to be remembered (not just collect cheques like RLC & Solanke) will carry a player so far on its own, never mind combining that with a year or so of training with the likes of Lampard not too long ago. If only the likes of Musonda/Boga/RLC didn't already think they've made it.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

He & Christensen are our only young loan players with top professional attitudes on the level of any other player we've had. The determination to succeed, and knowing you have to make a mark in football to be remembered (not just collect cheques like RLC & Solanke) will carry a player so far on its own, never mind combining that with a year or so of training with the likes of Lampard not too long ago. If only the likes of Musonda/Boga/RLC didn't already think they've made it.

What's wrong with Boga's attitude?

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Quality,another loanee returning to the CFC squad next season surely,and homegrown! 

10xs mate!

4 hours ago, Leif said:

i think tammy abraham deserve that credit as well. 

Marco van Ginkel playing great but the injuries are still an issue, and if i will mention one more player that's work hard and don't say a word is kalas that already played against liverpool in chelsea first team and played well, just unlucky to be in mourinho time.

22 hours ago, Leif said:

How can you possibly know any of this?

For example, which of the traits you've listed would you say that Jordan Houghton lacks? What  have you learned about Mario Pasalic, Matt Miazga or Kasey Palmer that allows you to exclude them from your list on the basis of their attitude?

I'm not claiming that any of the players above do, or do not, have a good attitude. I honestly don't know. My point is that I doubt you do either and that maybe your opinion would come across more clearly if you didn't surround it with things no one could reasonably expect you to have knowledge of.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:43 AM, mccg said:

Worth a read indeed. I always liked Lewis, he reminded me of Lampard (past tense because I saw him mainly in youth games, don't really know what he's like in Holland but the article convinces me he's the same, just better). So it doesn't surprise me to read that Lampard is his inspiration. There was a time when I thought he might be the real deal, but then came the incredible hype over RLC and some others, so I didn't entertain the idea of two graduates breaking through. He's always been kinda in the background and I believe this might work for him just as too much exposure could work against him. This writing rekindled my faith in the idea that Lewis might eventually be the one, RLC and co. are fading just as fast as they rose, meanwhile Baker is catching all the right attention with his feet.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...