NextGen - Fixtures, Results & Highlights 2012/13

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems our youth system is really good. People from other forums have been talking about how good our youth looks. Too bad we always buy and buy

And yet there are Chelsea fans who are saying that we overhype our youth players, despite all the success of our youth teams in the last years.

it would be sensational if we were to win this, we'd get the praise we deserve for our youth system

Yes, you are right, however the youth team should already have praise. We have won the youth cup like 3 times in the last 4/5 years and we are a leading contender to win it again.

Phenomenal result and another sign that we've got something special happening at our club. Beating the likes of Barca and Juventus, progressing in the Youth Cup and seeing players getting playing time on loan is all encouraging for our future.

The number of times I've been impressed by Lewis Baker's impact is surprising. Thought he was a step below the likes of Feruz but he's really stepped up his game. Still not convinced he'll succeed here but if he continues the way he has been, who knows?

Phenomenal result and another sign that we've got something special happening at our club. Beating the likes of Barca and Juventus, progressing in the Youth Cup and seeing players getting playing time on loan is all encouraging for our future.

The number of times I've been impressed by Lewis Baker's impact is surprising. Thought he was a step below the likes of Feruz but he's really stepped up his game. Still not convinced he'll succeed here but if he continues the way he has been, who knows?

I just hope at least one of these homegrown youngsters gets the chance to play for Chelsea's first team...

It really hurts to see Jack Cork doing well at Southampton...we could of used him as a squad player right now..

IMO Baker is underrated. Last season I was a bit meh on him, while he was clearly a good footballer he never really took charge of a midfield, passing was inconsistent.

He's improved his game a lot since then. Mentally he seems to have grown too (has started demanding the ball when the team is losing, and was captain in Kane/Saville/Chalobah's absence today). He has had an excellent season, as good as Boga and Feruz,

Someone else who I think is underrated is Blackman. Made some very good saves today. He is nowhere near Courtois, obviously, but he will still be a good 'keeper. Almost ridiculous how quick his reactions are for such a tall 'keeper. Those combined explains why he saves a fair few penalties.

Andreas Christensen is another exciting talent we have got in the youth ranks here and we beat off big competition to sign him. Like Baker, Feruz, Davey etc he regularly features for the U21s . He has really impressed the staff at Chelsea and is another one who I expect to in the first team some time eventually. He is a 1st year scholar who is one of them exciting ball playing defenders. Likes to play with the ball, similar to Vertonghen or as the club website states plays in a very similar style to Carvalho.

I remember watching one of the reserve games against Fulham where JT made his comeback and Christensen was partnered with him at CB and was excellent and he is only going to get better. Some of the work of our youth coaches and scouting team have been brilliant in uncovering these exciting new talent here.

Also excited to see Kiwomya's development as well. Scores for fun, can play on wings and upfront and is only recently a school leaver. He probably is the fastest player at Chelsea, senior and youth.

Someone else who I think is underrated is Blackman. Made some very good saves today. He is nowhere near Courtois, obviously, but he will still be a good 'keeper. Almost ridiculous how quick his reactions are for such a tall 'keeper. Those combined explains why he saves a fair few penalties.

Yes he is a very good keeper.Hopefully he will be provide good back up for courtois in the future.

Also as above mentioned christensen is also a very exciting prospect as is davey.

i doubt any of them will even make it to the first team.

can't have any hope after what happened to the likes of Borini, Sala, Kakuta, Bruma, PvA, Clifford, Josh, Tore, Matic, Sam etc.

None of those players are good enough for Chelsea.