Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Haha Danny keeps proving he was treated unfairly.

It'll be very interesting to see whether he gets a fair chance when he comes back.

Very difficult goal by the way. He had to control it and shoot in like a second.

He had very little space, and it was from a good distance. Goal Keeper next expected it at all.

He still needs to work on his decision making. Apparently he's still quite selfish (can't blame him, for his lack of chances under Carlo), he needs stop shooting every time and look for passes to his team mates in better positions.

He still needs to work on his decision making. Apparently he's still quite selfish (can't blame him, for his lack of chances under Carlo), he needs stop shooting every time and look for passes to his team mates in better positions.

He can be as greedy as he likes if he gets a goal nearly evrey game

Just because he scores every game doesnt mean he can be greedy. You dont see Messi being selfish and not passing.

If you saw UCL Arsenal-Barca, Messi could many times pass the ball instead of a stupid shot. Sometimes you have to be selfish.

He can be as greedy as he likes if he gets a goal nearly evrey game

No, because football isn't about individuals, it's about the team. If every time Sturridge gets the ball he shoots from wherever, then his team mates will get frustrated with him, then start not passing to him. Thus, disrupting the team harmony. Being a great footballer is about being able to play in a team, as well as shining as an individual.

No, because football isn't about individuals, it's about the team. If every time Sturridge gets the ball he shoots from wherever, then his team mates will get frustrated with him, then start not passing to him. Thus, disrupting the team harmony. Being a great footballer is about being able to play in a team, as well as shining as an individual.

Yes but look at Van Nisseroy for example, he is gready rarely passes but scores near enough evrey time he walks on to the pitch, he is as good as anyone when it comes to scoring goals, which is an attackers job.

I remember once for Utd he done fuck all having one of the worst game ive ever seen from a single player then popped up with a 10 minute hatrick or something ludicris like that.

Against us in 03/04 during the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford i didnt notice he was playing until he popped up in the 77th minute to level.

In the last few weeks ive lost count of the amount off passes players have made when a shot was on, its what we need someone that will take a shot when others wont.

Id rather a greedy centre forward with a RVN stricke rate than a "passer" with a rate of like 1 in 5.

Yes but look at Van Nisseroy for example, he is gready rarely passes but scores near enough evrey time he walks on to the pitch, he is as good as anyone when it comes to scoring goals, which is an attackers job.

I remember once for Utd he done fuck all having one of the worst game ive ever seen from a single player then popped up with a 10 minute hatrick or something ludicris like that.

Against us in 03/04 during the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford i didnt notice he was playing until he popped up in the 77th minute to level.

In the last few weeks ive lost count of the amount off passes players have made when a shot was on, its what we need someone that will take a shot when others wont.

Id rather a greedy centre forward with a RVN stricke rate than a "passer" with a rate of like 1 in 5.

Tomo i don't think you understand what he is trying to say. You have to strike the correct balance as a striker of passing and shooting to become a good player. Van Nistelrooy did not shoot from stupid distances, he passed it to the winger then he got himself in the box.

Tomo i don't think you understand what he is trying to say. You have to strike the correct balance as a striker of passing and shooting to become a good player. Van Nistelrooy did not shoot from stupid distances, he passed it to the winger then he got himself in the box.

Yeah you're right, but I don't think its greed as much as it's his cockiness, he really does think he can score from anywhere. But he's still young, he'll learn that once he plays regularly beside influential strikers like Drogba. Right now there really is no one else on the field that can knock Sturridge for trying crazy shots, it'd be different when you see Drogba standing there, telling you wtf are you doing lol

Yeah, this.

Tommo, you're right in the sense he's a great striker of the ball. But when he knows there is a player, in a better position, more likely to score/assist him, he should look up and pass the ball. That's all. Otherwise he may not gel with his team mates. When they showed the match versus Everton a couple weeks back, Elmander was frustrated with him about the selfish play of Danny.

Yeah, this.

Tommo, you're right in the sense he's a great striker of the ball. But when he knows there is a player, in a better position, more likely to score/assist him, he should look up and pass the ball. That's all. Otherwise he may not gel with his team mates. When they showed the match versus Everton a couple weeks back, Elmander was frustrated with him about the selfish play of Danny.

I agree with you but you have to look at it from his point of view. When you had the chance to break into Chelsea's first team to play with Fernando Torres, wouldn't you shoot to score? Noone in the end will remember how wasteful you were if you score. Noone criticizes Robben, Van Nistelrooy etc. As long as he doesn't take crazy shots every second touch and delivers goals for Chelsea aswell, I can live with a few ambitious ones, you never know.. just look at the goal Essien scored against Barcelona at bridge. Sturridge remids me of Drogba abit. He has better ball control than Drogba but less strength. Otherwise they're both quite physical, selfish if you want to call it like that.. can draw some similarities but too soon to label anyone. Experience comes with time so when he matures as an athlete he'll understand when to opt for personal glory and when to look after the team and pass the ball. It'll come by time and Bolton loan will do him only good even if he remains on four goals but gets playing time

I agree with you but you have to look at it from his point of view. When you had the chance to break into Chelsea's first team to play with Fernando Torres, wouldn't you shoot to score? Noone in the end will remember how wasteful you were if you score. Noone criticizes Robben, Van Nistelrooy etc. As long as he doesn't take crazy shots every second touch and delivers goals for Chelsea aswell, I can live with a few ambitious ones, you never know.. just look at the goal Essien scored against Barcelona at bridge. Sturridge remids me of Drogba abit. He has better ball control than Drogba but less strength. Otherwise they're both quite physical, selfish if you want to call it like that.. can draw some similarities but too soon to label anyone. Experience comes with time so when he matures as an athlete he'll understand when to opt for personal glory and when to look after the team and pass the ball. It'll come by time and Bolton loan will do him only good even if he remains on four goals but gets playing time

Of course, that was my point though. While we rejoice that he is taking his chances, we must remember, he has quite a way to go still. Like you said, he's still got the mature and this spell at Bolton is giving him plenty of experience. So while he's not a finished package yet, we've still got a lot more to see from him.

I know its unlikely but lets just say for arguments sake he returns next season and we ....

Win the quad

he scores 47 goals in 56 games including the winner in all 3 finals and the goal that won us the league at the Emirates.

Would you care if he does fuck all else apart from scoring?

I know its unlikely but lets just say for arguments sake he returns next season and we ....

Win the quad

he scores 47 goals in 56 games including the winner in all 3 finals and the goal that won us the league at the Emirates.

Not at all but his attitude has to be right

Win the quad

He could only get 47 in 56 if his team mates worked with him. Which requires him to pass the ball and give him team-mates a chance, our assessments would go hand-in-hand ;)