test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I hate to sound like an Arsenal fan here, but it would be like a new signing if he renewed. Don't even know where we'd begin in the search for his replacement(s). There isn't any one player out there at a smaller club with Eden's ability that we could buy. We'd have to bring in 2-3 top players to make up for his loss.

I swear all these uncertainties - Hazard's/Conte's/Courtois' futures, our transfer business etc - are not doing any good for my health. It's so f***ing depressing every time when you think about them!

The Chels, Mufassir08, Stats and 1 other like this

I hope we extend with him soon hopefuly. Now with barca getting Coutinho and maybe even Griezmann in summer, Real will start throwing cash for players they might not even realy need. Not good for us.

HAZARD TO SNUB REAL?

Eden Hazard is set to snub a move to Real Madrid and sign a deal that will make him the highest paid player in the Premier League, according to the Sunday Express. 

The newspaper reports that Hazard's representatives and Chelsea have been locked in contract talks, with Real Madrid's hierarchy not keen on shelling out a rumoured £120m for the Belgian.

Ha 120mill try 220mill buyout clause i say

Fulham Broadway likes this

Happy birthday you magician! 27 today. 🤯

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Replacement for Eden? A 'bribe' to convince Eden to stay?

That would be a silly move. It would look like we are going to desperation to force him to stay. Thorgan won't end up playing here and will end up being unhappy and shipped to another club. Seems like Thorgan is enjoying is football out there too.

the wes likes this

6 minutes ago, the wes said:

Eden Hazard says he will sign a new contract if team-mate Thibaut Courtois pens a new deal first.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/901239/Chelsea-Eden-Hazard-Thibaut-Courtois-Transfer-News

Dont you think thats just daft mate? Said it in Tibos thread too. These guys are millionair sportsmen. They should be fighting to play for us.

19 hours ago, Pizy said:

I hate to sound like an Arsenal fan here, but it would be like a new signing if he renewed. Don't even know where we'd begin in the search for his replacement(s). There isn't any one player out there at a smaller club with Eden's ability that we could buy. We'd have to bring in 2-3 top players to make up for his loss.

It’s more than that. It sends a message to the world that one of the best players on the planet still wants to be here - Hazard being here is an attraction for not only just fans, but players too. 

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Dont you think thats just daft mate? Said it in Tibos thread too. These guys are millionair sportsmen. They should be fighting to play for us.

They’re sportsmen. They want to compete for the best things in said sport. They won’t be fighting to play for us if we’re not looking to compete. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

8 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

They’re sportsmen. They want to compete for the best things in said sport. They won’t be fighting to play for us if we’re not looking to compete. 

And we wont be competing unless they want to play for us If they dont have that comitment then sod em.

We have an amazing bunch of kids that come to us at 6,7 years old. They live,breathe Chelsea and have visions of being in the 1st team. They want nothing more than to win the FA Cup and hold it high emulating their 1st team heroes.

How let down do you think they might feel hearing 2 of their heroes saying 'Oh go on you first'  ' No no you go first' Sound like a couple of spoiled kids.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Dont you think thats just daft mate? 

Yes mate its something a 10 year old would say in school maybe hazard was joking about and media make it sound worse than it was the media like putting words in people mouth's 

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

And we wont be competing unless they want to play for us If they dont have that comitment then sod em.

We have an amazing bunch of kids that come to us at 6,7 years old. They live,breathe Chelsea and have visions of being in the 1st team. They want nothing more than to win the FA Cup and hold it high emulating their 1st team heroes.

How let down do you think they might feel hearing 2 of their heroes saying 'Oh go on you first'  ' No no you go first' Sound like a couple of spoiled kids.

I understand that but we also have to understand that Courtois and Hazard don’t live and breathe Chelsea. That’s how football is nowadays- all about the money. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Yes mate its something a 10 year old would say in school maybe hazard was joking about and media make it sound worse than it was the media like putting words in people mouth's 

yeah I hear ya bud. Its just I was thinking earlier. If this was going on in a north Mondon,Manc or L'pool side we would be laughing our fool heads off and taking the piss.

Buy it seems fine cause its Eden and Tibo doing it. Maybe my mood but it just rubs me up the wrong way/

I just hope it turns out ok FOR US.

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

I understand that but we also have to understand that Courtois and Hazard don’t live and breathe Chelsea. That’s how football is nowadays- all about the money. 

But from REPORTS edens been offered £300k. Aint that enough? Maybe we should omly pay minimum wage but really big bonuses.

the wes likes this

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But from REPORTS edens been offered £300k. Aint that enough? Maybe we should omly pay minimum wage but really big bonuses.

Eden has his own aspirations and goals too - that might include playing for Real for example. Expanding on what I said, football players unfortunately aren’t loyal nowadays. Unfortunately Eden isn’t that Chelsea-daft. Can you honestly say that Eden has a real bond with the match going fans like JT or Lamps or Didier did? Unfortunately he doesn’t, or it doesn’t seem like that to me anyway whenever I do go to games.  

Footballers rather further their own aspirations (like Eden) or follow the money. I’m not too surprised by his comments, I should clarify. 

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Unfortunately Eden isn’t that Chelsea-daft. Can you honestly say that Eden has a real bond with the match going fans like JT or Lamps or Didier did? Unfortunately he doesn’t, or it doesn’t seem like that to me anyway whenever I do go to games.  

Perhaps because there's always been that underlying feeling that eventually he'll move on to Madrid or a team in that mould, even though he's been here for half a decade now.

When one day he does leave some people will be wondering why they didn't just enjoy him instead of worrying all the time.

4 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

Perhaps because there's always been that underlying feeling that eventually he'll move on to Madrid or a team in that mould, even though he's been here for half a decade now.

When one day he does leave some people will be wondering why they didn't just enjoy him instead of worrying all the time.

If that was a sly dig then aaaf122d9e2b2ec4bfc8fcbfde4e13f3.gif I dont think I could 'enjoy' him any more even if I was gay. Mind you I wouldn't say no to another couple of goals or assists for his £300k

But like many of his arguably betters before him I shall miss the old boy when he turns his back on us.

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Eden has his own aspirations and goals too - that might include playing for Real for example. Expanding on what I said, football players unfortunately aren’t loyal nowadays. Unfortunately Eden isn’t that Chelsea-daft. Can you honestly say that Eden has a real bond with the match going fans like JT or Lamps or Didier did? Unfortunately he doesn’t, or it doesn’t seem like that to me anyway whenever I do go to games.  

Footballers rather further their own aspirations (like Eden) or follow the money. I’m not too surprised by his comments, I should clarify. 

Yeah of course I agree with all you say.

But I know like me you would like to have a few like Terry Butcher, Gazza,Paul Ince,Stuart Pearce with their sort of attitude. Dont care what nationality they are just that sort of passion to win for the club they play for AT THAT TIME. If they want to do it when they are at their new club then so they should.

There nust still be that breed about. Maybe in the lower divisions? Or maybe its just supporters now with that trype of passion? I know Ive bled for us a couple of times. 617c7cdda52e25f6cb44854d8b836b78.gif

But no mate I'm not suprized by neither of them.

Just playing devils advocate lads and working thru a ummm heated debate I had with my best mate who is a gooner.

The Skipper likes this