Spike

Frankie Boyle on Trump

How can he expect to escape ridicule? Being on reality TV is the closest he ever got to reality. His children look like a teen movie about Wall Street vampires directed by Uday Hussein. He has cultivated a square face that’s the shade of a banned food colouring and the muscle tone of a coma patient. He looks like aliens came to Earth and made a human costume after seeing one commercial for a car dealership. Really, he seems like the sort of person that a competent leftwinger with a humane alternative offer should be able to beat at the next election. Sad, really, that the only way Bernie Sanders could return in 2020 is as a glass sliding about a ouija board.

:D:cig:

Of course, presidents always enter office with something to prove, it’s just rarely their sanity.You look into Trump’s eyes and you see the fear and confusion of a man who has just been told he’s got stage-four cervical cancer.

Melania Trump has a look that I’ve never seen before, the eyes of someone waiting with increasing impatience for Stockholm syndrome to set in. The look of a woman frantically trying to unlearn English, appalled to find that this only makes her understand her husband more clearly.

:D

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I hate it when comedians foray into political journalism and abandon their main ability; 'comedy'. I'll be dead and buried when Frankie fucking Boyle actually has any moral integrity to chastise anyone on ethics and morality.

Image result for jon stewartImage result for JOHN OLIVERImage result for TREVOR NOAHImage result for STEPHEN COLBERT

What too many people don't take into account is that they're satirists. The things they're making jokes on don't have to tell the whole truth because their main point is to make a joke. Sometimes they bring up good points, sometimes they're just after laughs. They can take a stance on something, but all comedians take sides on issues.

14 hours ago, Spike said:

I think Turks have done that to this site a few time. Haha, there is a reason why they're nicknamed 'Turkroaches'. :D It is such a graet nation to observe as it exists in a vacuum alone, unique culturally and politically. 

They 've done it to the blog of a jockey friend of mine, Nico Tsergas, too.
Nico woke up one morning and he show a portrait of Kemal Ataturk's where his page should have been.
But he fixed it by the end of the day, or wordpress had it fixed.
Putting "Daily maily site hacked" in google will indeed show you two or three cases, including last week's.
I wonder why it cannot be fixed.

21 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Daily Mail site hacked by Turks !
Happened last Saturday.
The Mail cannot or will not fix it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news-board-moderated/index.html

The original message said "we are your Turkish masters, we are coming to get you".

And now DM is banned from Wikipedia :D Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable' source
Rough times for them click hungry chaps.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

And now DM is banned from Wikipedia :D Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable' source
Rough times for them click hungry chaps.

Well, maybe.
Despite the antics DM is regarded as a heroic newspaper in Greece because their reporters stayed in Athens in 1941 when the German army invaded and they wrote some fiery pieces about the resistance.
I wonder how their site makes money though. It's a huge site.

14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Well, maybe.
Despite the antics DM is regarded as a heroic newspaper in Greece because their reporters stayed in Athens in 1941 when the German army invaded and they wrote some fiery pieces about the resistance.

They make money with ads and subscriptions, all online outlets monetize their sites this way. Media nowadays is a different animal to what they were during those times so that heroic Daily Mail is long gone. I admit I read the Mail when I'm bored and just want some quick and pointless entertainment, however it would never be my go-to place for reliable and important news.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

They make money with ads and subscriptions, all online outlets monetize their sites this way. Media nowadays is a different animal to what they were during those times so that heroic Daily Mail is long gone. I admit I read the Mail when I'm bored and just want some quick and pointless entertainment, however it would never be my go-to place for reliable and important news.

Subs ?
Do we sub to the DM for additional content ? Not sure.
Ads ? I don't see any.
The Racing Post site among websites belonging to newspapers does both to good effect I should think but not the DM.

* In the 30s-40s too they were a tory-ad but their stance in the war earned them commendations

49 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Subs ?
Do we sub to the DM for additional content ? Not sure.
Ads ? I don't see any.
The Racing Post site among websites belonging to newspapers does both to good effect I should think but not the DM.

* In the 30s-40s too they were a tory-ad but their stance in the war earned them commendations

I turned off my ad blocker and there definitely are ads. And yes they also have some kind of subscription plans https://www.mailsubscriptions.co.uk/subscribe

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Well, maybe.

The other way they make money is by not paying any taxes.

'Lord' Rothermere, the owner is a billionaire off shore registered tax avoider.

They may have stayed in Athens in 1941, however all through the 1930s the Daily Mail supported Oswald Mosely, the black shirted fascists and Hitler.

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The other way they make money is by not paying any taxes.

'Lord' Rothermere, the owner is a billionaire off shore registered tax avoider.

They may have stayed in Athens in 1941, however all through the 1930s the Daily Mail supported Oswald Mosely, the black shirted fascists and Hitler.

DM was always one of the toryades, we know that.
But anyway this is what happened in the war.
I saw some ads where it says "money section", maybe in other places. As a reader I don't mind ads if they are unobtrusive.

Islamic State claims Eilat rocket attack, threatens more

Group’s Sinai-based affiliate says it fired rockets ‘to teach Jews, crusaders a proxy war will not avail them of anything’

http://www.timesofisrael.com/islamic-state-in-sinai-claims-eilat-rocket-attack/?utm_source=The+Times+of+Israel+Daily+Edition&utm_campaign=63baac897f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_02_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_adb46cec92-63baac897f-55497697