test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kieran.

Closed Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea

Started by Kieran.,

81 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Cech
    • Bosingwa
    • Cahill
    • Terry
    • Bertrand
    • Romeu
    • Essien
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Mikel
    • (SUB) Mata
    • (SUB) Cole

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

190 posts in this topic

Would've taken a point before the game having seen both team sheets. Bertrand was excellent, thought Malouda was good first half as well. Torres was awful to be honest, Sturridge also.

Torres wasn't good, Average actually, but Poor? No, sir. When you have the Mediocrity of Kalou and Malouda behind you, I don't expect anyone to excel. No Service. No Fault of Nando's.

BleedsBlue likes this

Agreed with everyone. I was looking forward to seeing Sturridge get a chance and prove himself to RDM. It was an utter Fail from Sturridge. He trys to hard. Shoots when he needs to pass, passes when he needs to shoot, runs when he needs to hold up the ball, overdribbles, shoots from ridiculous distances and angles, when he elects to pass (once in a blue moon) it's a nothing, lazy pass....He is STILL overall a selifsh player. He belongs on the bench untill he can prove otherwise. After this performance I hope everyone sees that he should NOT Start against Barcelona.

Don't think he would of started against Barcelona anyway. How on earth is a young striker meant to learn by sitting on the bench?

Torres dreadful, Sturridge even worse. Kalou... No fucking words.

Cant wait for all 3 to leave.

Sturridge is such a talented player but he's never going to be a winger and we wont play him as the CF so he's useless.

xPetrCechx and Las7 like this

Don't think he would of started against Barcelona anyway. How on earth is a young striker meant to learn by sitting on the bench?

He doesn't seem to want to Learn. He's his own teacher, He already has a Degree in being a Selfish Prick.

chillerz likes this

Torres wasn't good, Average actually, but Poor? No, sir. When you have the Mediocrity of Kalou and Malouda behind you, I don't expect anyone to excel. No Service. No Fault of Nando's.

Cant put this one on Kalou/Malouda I'm afraid. Yes the service was lacking, but he did nothing to try to make something happen himself. His touch on the ball was awful, aside from the turn in the box (which in itself, was clumsy). Simply put, he didn't look up for it today.

chillerz and English Freak like this

A point is a good result against Arsenal away. Espeically with our 2nd team, however this shit needs to stop, we have never won one big game with Torres upfront, i'm sure we haven't.

The only game i can remember is the United 2-1 win last season, and he didn't do much then besides take on a few players.

I'm actually thinking of selling him, i hate his confidence, wait no i don't he hasn't even got any for starters. This man can't lead the line, not even with great assistance surely he can't, he gets chances and cannot score. Then he gives up and all this talk about him needing confidence comes back, we really should cash in on him and get a normal striker, not one that constantly takes this piss out of this club and team every day.

Best place to cash in on him would be that rich Russian club...think there name is Anzhi.

Oh and Malouda did very well today imo. Apart from Bertrand I thought he was our best player. Some good energy from him even though he fucked some moves up.

Cant put this one on Kalou/Malouda I'm afraid. Yes the service was lacking, but he did nothing to try to make something happen himself. His touch on the ball was awful, aside from the turn in the box (which in itself, was clumsy). Simply put, he didn't look up for it today.

I'm sure when Torres saw Kalouda on the team sheet he gave up...

this is the main problem. we dont wanna accept the truth that nando is over. its not just the mediocrity of kalou and malouda (both of whom i thought were much better than nando). danny was disappointing too but torres' workrate was the most disappointing and sayin this after watchin sturridge, malouda , kalou and bosingwa on the same pitch is a big thing.

A point is a good result against Arsenal away. Espeically with our 2nd team, however this shit needs to stop, we have never won one big game with Torres upfront, i'm sure we haven't.

The only game i can remember is the United 2-1 win last season, and he didn't do much then besides take on a few players.

I'm actually thinking of selling him, i hate his confidence, wait no i don't he hasn't even got any for starters. This man can't lead the line, not even with great assistance surely he can't, he gets chances and cannot score. Then he gives up and all this talk about him needing confidence comes back, we really should cash in on him and get a normal striker, not one that constantly takes this piss out of this club and team every day.

Lets pray Drogba does return Tuesday, Torres up top against Barca on his own is the equivalent of throwing in a hamster to attack a crocodile.

Las7 and francozola like this

Considering the circumstances, I think we did pretty well. Exceptional defensive performance (Bosingwa included, despite one mistake) and the goalkeeper was solid too. No complaints with the contributions of Mikel, Malouda, Essien or Oriol, yet the front three were all very, very poor.

Overall happy with the performance and the point. We will take six points from QPR and Blackburn, and I think if we can at least draw away at Anfield, should we beat Newcastle then 4th is not too distant a target. However FA Cup and UCL should now be our priorities.

Donot agree with Sturridge's volley thingie. He had every right to take a pop with Szczesny well out and it is very hard to connect perfectly everytime. his performance was bad but not terrible.

also, i am worried RDM has placed all his eggs on the Champions League. someone said,"we have the best chance of winnin CL this year, not next year" but are we sacrificing CL next year in an ATTEMPT to win it this year?

Las7 likes this

Also, how god awful were arsenal?! They "dominated" us towards the end of each half but it was still rubbish. No end product at all. And so many mishit passes, I thought I was watching Yeovil Town.

Ah crap Newcastle scored

Yeah Arsenal seemed pretty much the same as us other then a few scares...but still got into the box and seemed like they didnt know what to do..Van Persie's free kicks were pretty intresting....same thing every time which good thing really!

we supported Torres for months,can't we do the same for a center forward playing as a winger?

Torres's guilt was not being able to perform and deal with the stresses of being a 50 Million Dollar Man. Whereas Sturride can not even pass the ball.... I'm sorry But i'm tired of Supporting someone who just melts deeper and deeper into their bad habits.

Not really a reserve team if you ask me but yes not our best team also.Arsenal looked very clumsy and so yes,maybe a win would have been better,considering we are currently 6th in the league and have set the 4th place as our target,we should have won this game.

I did say basically stating it's not really a reserve team. Bosingwa? Romeu who I almost forgot we had? Essien who almost can't run? Kalou? Malouda? Sturridge? With them Torres who didn't get a single usable ball? You can't really expect that team to beat Arse at Emirates. Yes they can, but chances for that are low.

On the other hand, Barcelona is about to play Real Madrid. A very important game for them because of the league and their games with Madrid are usually really exhausting for both teams. Then we face them with a fresh squad while they are not going have their players rested that much.

It could determine the outcome of the match.