Gustavo Poyet

James

Looks like Poyet will be the gaffa for S'land. I know many CFC hate this guy's gut for kissing the cock in front of the CFC fans, but he still speaks about his time @ CFC & rates his time @ CFC over his time w/ spudz. ;)

Good for him.

Now he's got a great chance of winning the Championship next year with the Black Cats. :D

• 3 months later...

I know we all laughed out loud for S'land defeating manure, but I really think Gus has turned that club around. I am thinking they will survive the relegation battle that they are in this season. Hell maybe they can beat Citeh too & play in Europe next season.

• 1 month later...

I know many on this messageboard have no love for The Mad Uruguayan, but I really hope he can get the job done on Wednesday when Sunderland travels to Anfield. Any positive point will be a plus in our title pursuit.

People were annoyed he kissed the Spurs badge at the bridge :)

I like Gus :) I can forgive him for a minor indiscretion :) Knowing the Yids they probably wrote that 'he has to do that' into his contract, as is now, they were desperate times at Chicken Lane... ;)

• 1 month later...

props need to be given to Chelsea Old Boy Gus Poyet by the way he has Sunderland dialed in. Just when everyone counted out Sunderland, in dead last place. Going away to Man City & CFC in consecutive matches, Poyet got his side focused & they appear to have avoided the drop. Unbeaten in their last 4 & winning their last 3. Today they won @ Old Trafford for the first time since 1968.

props need to be given to Chelsea Old Boy Gus Poyet by the way he has Sunderland dialed in. Just when everyone counted out Sunderland, in dead last place. Going away to Man City & CFC in consecutive matches, Poyet got his side focused & they appear to have avoided the drop. Unbeaten in their last 4 & winning their last 3. Today they won @ Old Trafford for the first time since 1968.

I always liked Poyet ,, he went to Spurs but he didnt ask to move ,,, when RDM had a restaurant TV did a few shows where the Chelsea team chatted

Poyet was hilarious similar to Luiz now ,, they could never stop him talking ,

I always liked Poyet ,, he went to Spurs but he didnt ask to move ,,, when RDM had a restaurant TV did a few shows where the Chelsea team chatted

Poyet was hilarious similar to Luiz now ,, they could never stop him talking ,

Class act, Gus. Great player and great guy.

• 2 years later...

I could watch Chelsea TV for hours (and I do lol) and they just had a special on the lad.

I loved watching us at this time. We were so exciting. My fave ever little guy Zola. But Poyet was great. Whenever there was a set piece you were bound to have that massive Uragayan forehead as a target somewhere in the box.

I would have loved to shake him warmly by his throat at one point for kissing that cock in front of us but he kept getting injuries and his cruciate  again.

But looking back now we had 4 great years with him and he scored what? 50 goals in 150 games ishhh? Shame he cant sort out his managing career.

Oh sorry - 49 goals. All here

• 4 years later...