Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regardless of what happens with Costa, Torres and any potential new strikers I still hope Bamford goes out on loan. As good as it is to see players who have been part of the youth system break through and play I don't think he is ready yet to lead our line and needs a season out on loan again and I hope he seals his pending move to Middlesbrough.

Not good enough yet, would be a massive mistake to rely on him. He didn't even look that impressive in pre season, let alone now.

Regardless of what happens with Costa, Torres and any potential new strikers I still hope Bamford goes out on loan. As good as it is to see players who have been part of the youth system break through and play I don't think he is ready yet to lead our line and needs a season out on loan again and I hope he seals his pending move to Middlesbrough.

These are the kinds of opportunities players jump on. An unexpected chance like this for a couple games could see him raise his game and really show his potential.

These are the kinds of opportunities players jump on. An unexpected chance like this for a couple games could see him raise his game and really show his potential.

"Could" is a gamble though. Especially as we have aims of winning the league and are being made favourites by bookies. Bamford is still a rookie without any PL experience. Too much of a gamble to rely on him and I reckon Mourinho would not want to pile the pressure on him and probably thinks a loan will be more benficial for him. Because either way when Costa is fit, Bamford will likely fall way down the pecking order anyway.

He's got undoubted ability and he's one of those guys who just seems to score wherever he goes. I'd take him over Torres this weekend if Costa is injured. The only way he's ever really going to get a shot is if a player gets injured and he's thrust into the team.

He's got undoubted ability and he's one of those guys who just seems to score wherever he goes. I'd take him over Torres this weekend if Costa is injured. The only way he's ever really going to get a shot is if a player gets injured and he's thrust into the team.

Exactly! Azpilicueta is in the squad for just that reason! Giving him a run for 45 minutes vs Everton in the 3rd game of the season will hardly hurt our title chances.

Exactly! Azpilicueta is in the squad for just that reason! Giving him a run for 45 minutes vs Everton in the 3rd game of the season will hardly hurt our title chances.

Would be made up if he actually made the squad tomorrow, and even the bench.

he cant be released until the rest of the striker issues are resolved. Loans to non PL clubs have different

deadlines

But the rumors of him being loaned out to Boro have been going on long before Costa's injury or Milan's in terest in Torres. I guess, though, it has worked out for the best that his loan has been delayed in case we need him here first. Though I genuinely doubt Jose would rely on him till January.