Paul Pogba

Madmax

But we are talking about a situation that Juventus agrees to sell him to Chelsea, arent we?

If his club agree to sell him, and to a team with such bright future like Chelsea, with Jose in charge, with a bit more money and in a better and alot more popular and "shiny" league, i think every player could be ok with that and say 'Yes' for that possibility, even if he's playing in Juventus. Seria A is obviously one of the best 4 leagus in the world, but the gap is so big in every department between it and the PL (not necessity in football but in everything else). How many big superstars playing in Italy this days? not many.

I dont know if Juventus we'll say 'yes' to any offer, but i dont think Pogba will be so sad with it. I dont know him though...

I'm convinced that Juve won't sell unless they have to, meaning if the player wants to leave. I'm not disagreeing with any of what you're saying, but I feel that might happen in 2-3 years, not now. He's just became a nailed on starter for Juve, his experience there is not done just yet.

Right...let's buy another young midfielder and then people will later complain, as always, as to why other players of the same ilk aren't getting enough playing time or why we are not giving chances to youth players...

Think it's about time that we actually stop stocking the squad with so many young players. We need players who are already relatively experienced, approaching their peak or at their peak to come in and replace some older players in our squad. Persisting with buying young players is gonna give us problems in the long run. There needs to be a balance of experience and youth in the team..

While I agree with the idea, it does not apply to Pogba. Paul is better than the vast majority of the players who are already in their peak. His technical ability is flawless, his physical attributes, especially his work-rate, are phenomenal, and his tactical awareness is way ahead of his age and he's even been Juve's "big game player" on several occasions. He's already an experienced player who has played big matches in the CL league and cup with his club and important qualifier matches with his NT. Pogba is a truly remarkable player.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pogba would be a nailed on started for us, forget his youth. I wouldn't classify him as a young player either - he'd surely command a fee of around £30m. It'd be similar to the Hazard signing.

It isn't stockpiling on youth at all. Like it isn't a MVG signing.

Even if Pogba was a starter at Chelsea, he wouldn't solve our midfield problems.

We would still lack someone capable of sitting back and controlling the tempo of the match.

It would be amazing to think that we'd spend millions of pounds on buying a player who was one of the two stand out players in the FA Youth Cup in 2011....when we have the other one already in our ranks. It would actually beggar belief that we would not give Nat Chalobah a chance and instead buy this guy.

That doesn't mean that I don't like him as a player because I do, but he left United because he wasn't given a chance and then proved himself.

Why don't we just go full retard and let Chalobah leave, then sign him back for a about £10-£15 million in a couple of years' time?

Juve can match almost anything we offer him unless it's something ridiculous like 200k per week. And the Serie A may not be on the same level as the EPL in terms of importance, but it's not the Ligue 1 either. The Serie A is still one of the most watched leagues in the world with quite a lot of quality. I honestly rate it higher than La Liga where you only have 3 quality teams while in Serie A you have 6-7 teams who can beat any PL team on their day (just like you have 6-7 PL teams who can beat any Serie A team on their day). Of course that is debatable but what isn't is that Serie A is one of the biggest 4 leagues in Europe.

Plus, Juve are a bigger team relative to their league than we are relative to ours.

Be honest, if you were in his shoes, would you move from Juve right now?

Only a Juventus fan would think that we aren't a better proposition for a young player with his talents.

If we can't get gundogan, and pogba is available for 20-25mil its honestly a no-brainer.

He has high experience champs lge, winning titles, and is basically a young yaya toure. (I can't find any other player this similar to yaya)

He is very good on the ball,(he's not raw) he has very good vision and pass technique. He can spray long passes and he is strong and fast. (Perfect dm qualities we are looking for)

He can score goals from distance, and it will piss of manutd fans if we get him.

Pls with all this reasons, I don't know why anyone will object to this signing.

Pls with all this reasons, I don't know why anyone will object to this signing.

To me it just seems like not long ago, Pogba was a player with a ton of potential and physical tools. In Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah we have exactly those same types of player.

What the fuck is the point in an academy if we're just going to ignore these players and sign players who were given a chance by a fairly big European side?

He is very good on the ball,(he's not raw) he has very good vision and pass technique. He can spray long passes and he is strong and fast. (Perfect dm qualities we are looking for)

He can score goals from distance

By the way I'd say all of that about Chalobah. The guy just needs a fucking chance but that's just not the Chelsea way anymore is it.

Let's just throw money at it. Who gives a fuck whether we actually develop players that the average supporter can feel some type of connection with, who they can watch develop through the ranks and feel like one of 'us'.

Ha ha...look at all those mugs who turn up to youth team games with the naive thought that the kids working their bollocks off for a chance might actually get one. Chalobah's even got one of them there funny foreign sounding names but that's not enough. We can't take a chance with the kids...they have to be proven players who guarantee us wins. Soulless, plastic commodities for soulless plastic....well, you get the idea.

To me it just seems like not long ago, Pogba was a player with a ton of potential and physical tools. In Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah we have exactly those same types of player.

What the fuck is the point in an academy if we're just going to ignore these players and sign players who were given a chance by a fairly big European side?

Juventus is more than fairly big..

However Pogba is too good to turn down if we can get him

Lampard's on his last few legs - so is Essien. That automatically opens up two spots in the squad in the very near future. I'd imagine Chalobah filling in one of those naturally.

Pogba is miles ahead in his development than Nat, and RLC is far behind Nat so they aren't really comparable atm. Let's say we sign Pogba - it wouldn't really affect Nat IMO. In the very near future our midfield options would look something like (realistically):

Ramires, Pogba, Chalobah, Mikel, MVG.

Which is very solid IMO. Pogba is better offensively than Nat, I'm not sure that Nat will develop that side of his game yet, but they could in the future easily be our engine room. A Pogba - Chalobah pivot looks awesome in theory.

I would definitely love this signing, and I really don't think it'll prohibit Nat.

Even if Pogba was a starter at Chelsea, he wouldn't solve our midfield problems.

We would still lack someone capable of sitting back and controlling the tempo of the match.

I see what you mean but honestly if Oscar keeps developing his game - he's very effective at connecting the whole team - something like a very dynamic Pogba - Ramires pivot could be outstanding. Pogba isn't a shabby passer either so if we did have the opportunity to sign him I'd take it.

Lampard's on his last few legs - so is Essien. That automatically opens up two spots in the squad in the very near future. I'd imagine Chalobah filling in one of those naturally.

Pogba is miles ahead in his development than Nat, and RLC is far behind Nat so they aren't really comparable atm. Let's say we sign Pogba - it wouldn't really affect Nat IMO. In the very near future our midfield options would look something like (realistically):

Ramires, Pogba, Chalobah, Mikel, MVG.

Which is very solid IMO. Pogba is better offensively than Nat, I'm not sure that Nat will develop that side of his game yet, but they could in the future easily be our engine room. A Pogba - Chalobah pivot looks awesome in theory.

I would definitely love this signing, and I really don't think it'll prohibit Nat.

I think it absolutely will inhibit his development because you're buying a very similar player to slot in beside Ramires when you also have Van Ginkel coming back as well as Loftus-Cheek looking for minutes.

That's four players aged between 21 and 18 looking for minutes alongsides a 26 year old Ramires.

I think it would absolutely sum up the culture at Chelsea at the moment. Pogba is further along in his development partly because of his age, but also because a club, it's coaches and it's supporters had the will and the balls to give a young guy a chance and support him.

But that sounds like too much hard work and uncertainty for us...let's just start printing his name on plastic flags.

Yes, did you see how pogba got into the juve team?

He was behind pirlo, marchisio and vidal as the substitute player.

Then he started the less important matches and came on when they were 3-0 up in matches.

Right now our central midfielders are not good enough to control matches, only ramires

is world class in his role. We can't just throw him in there to solve the situation and hope we qualify for champions league.

By the way I'd say all of that about Chalobah. The guy just needs a fucking chance but that's just not the Chelsea way anymore is it.

Let's just throw money at it. Who gives a fuck whether we actually develop players that the average supporter can feel some type of connection with, who they can watch develop through the ranks and feel like one of 'us'.

Ha ha...look at all those mugs who turn up to youth team games with the naive thought that the kids working their bollocks off for a chance might actually get one. Chalobah's even got one of them there funny foreign sounding names but that's not enough. We can't take a chance with the kids...they have to be proven players who guarantee us wins. Soulless, plastic commodities for soulless plastic....well, you get the idea.

Well its not as plain as you are making it out to be.

Look at what happened to sturridge, he was booed at some games with us. The pressure to perform. In chelsea is high.

If we are not winning games when chalobah is playing, the fans will find a scape goat and he'll be an easy target for criticism.

If we buy a world class player beside ramires (maybe after lampard and essien leaves) he can come from the bench with mikel. Play matches without pressure and show his talent properly.

That is my point of view on how it should be.

That is my point of view on how it should be.

I couldn't disagree more. I think young players should be given a chance and fuck the plastic cunts in the crowd who boo them if they aren't perfect first time because they're the minority. The vast majority of Chelsea supporters want to see young guys come through the ranks.

Football isn't just about winning and losing - it's about developing relationships with the PLAYERS on the pitch. John Terry is so close to the supporters' hearts because he is Chelsea through and through - the same goes for Nat Chalobah. He should be given the chance to prove himself rather than buying a guy who was just as good at youth level despite being two years older.

Well it happened to sturridge, happened to kalou, happened to drogba.

The players that have the most uncertainties in our team will face this during "bad moments"

A small minority boos a couple of players and we decide not to give young players a chance?

Drogba was booed for constantly diving by the way - he stopped it and became a better player.

But oh no...what if someone boos Pogba? Best not sign him just in case.

I couldn't disagree more. I think young players should be given a chance and fuck the plastic cunts in the crowd who boo them if they aren't perfect first time because they're the minority. The vast majority of Chelsea supporters want to see young guys come through the ranks.

Football isn't just about winning and losing - it's about developing relationships with the PLAYERS on the pitch. John Terry is so close to the supporters' hearts because he is Chelsea through and through - the same goes for Nat Chalobah. He should be given the chance to prove himself rather than buying a guy who was just as good at youth level despite being two years older.

I understand you, we all love terry. Especially when he got the captain's band.

He can only get his chance when

1. Lampard and essien leaves

2. We have a world class pivot combination, with him as a direct sub for a year or two

That's how I see his future, because I can't imagine him just being thrown in to start when lamps and essien leaves.

I understand you, we all love terry. Especially when he got the captain's band.

He can only get his chance when

1. Lampard and essien leaves

2. We have a world class pivot combination, with him as a direct sub for a year or two

That's how I see his future, because I can't imagine him just being thrown in to start when lamps and essien leaves.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You