Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Getting interesting. Don't know about our set of centre backs and our attackers (another RW/LW and/or striker), but I like the CM buys/loan. We can put off the fullback acquisition for  a later date, but we will need a new RB sometime.  Would be nice if Chelsea finally have a full first team of high quality players again someday, like in 2005 --or even BETTER.

Good luck to our new manager!

But we can't do a Willian for Martial!!

Smalling or Rojo for Alderweireld?

Tottenham star Alderweireld is a top Manchester United transfer target with the Red Devils determined to sign the 29-year-old.

Despite links to Harry Maguire, Yerry Mina and Jerome Boateng, Alderweireld is Jose Mourinho’s top defensive target with less than 24 hours of the transfer window remaining.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But we can't do a Willian for Martial!!

Smalling or Rojo for Alderweireld?

Tottenham star Alderweireld is a top Manchester United transfer target with the Red Devils determined to sign the 29-year-old.

Despite links to Harry Maguire, Yerry Mina and Jerome Boateng, Alderweireld is Jose Mourinho’s top defensive target with less than 24 hours of the transfer window remaining.

I thought we should have signed Mcguire last summer. I don't see the downside to Mcguire at all. He's not Latino, he's not Spanish, not German, but he's a really good footballer with speed and size. Doubt he has Terry-like spatial awareness and positioning, but otherwise he's one of the best choices IMO.

1 minute ago, quickpassnmove said:

I thought we should have signed Mcguire last summer. I don't see the downside to Mcguire at all. He's not Latin, he's not Spanish, not German, but he's a really good footballer with speed and size. Doubt he has Terry-like spatial awareness and positioning, but otherwise he's one of the best choices IMO.

I thought he had come on allot this last 2 years. And hes just the type of CB that Roman likes. At the time there was allot of talk about Roman wanting to get back to our original core of big strong 0allot of English) players.

But after Conte he obviously had a change of direction.

I'm really happy with our 3 signings so far but its a shame we missed the ones we have and with 2 or 3 more we could really be contenders. A striker at least

Utd signing Zouma instead of Alderweireld would be great. A fit Alderweireld would elevate their backline. Zouma would simply be yet another CB on their roster. He's younger but is he better than Smalling, Jones and Rojo? I don't think so.

Utd signing Willian would be great. While he would help balance the team out, he would not take them to a new level. And he wouldn't last long having just turned 30.

A Martial + cash offer for Zouma + Willian is something I'd happily take. Make it happen, Utd.

On the Fifth Stand Chelsea app there is a text in one of the stories that came today that says something like: "stay tuned for further transfer news today". Maybe it was just news of Kovacic and a few loan deals, but somehow I'm optimistic the club has something up their sleeve.

Successful Window for me, all things considered. We solved our Goalkeeper position, brought in an immensely important midfielder, loaned a potentially dynamic midfielder and brought in the coach who convinced them all with Europa League football to join. 

Goalkeepers: Kepa, Willy, Green

Defenders: Azpi, Zappacosta, Christensen, Rudiger, Luiz, Ampadu, Emerson, Alonso, Moses(? might be loaned, might be an attacker)

Midfielders: Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Drinkwater, Fabregas

Attackers: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Hudson-Odoi

Strikers: Morata, Giroud, Tammy Abraham (expecting the Bats-Valencia loan)

Our main concern is goals, I hope Morata finds his form and some confidence cause if he does we are rolling. Happy to see a nice youth imprint on the team as well. Tammy, Hudson-Odoi & RLC can hopefully produce and prove they belong.