test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amblève.

Your Chelsea FC Memories

Started by Amblève.,

159 posts in this topic

Dale Jasper who played for us in the 80's died yesterday aged 56 only a couple of years older than me. It has to be said he's mainly remembered for giving away two penalties against Sunderland in the league cup semi final in 1985. He replaced Joe McLaughlin who got injured that night and big Joe and Colin Pates were such a good partnership it would have been hard to just slot in especially in such a big game . The second leg was pure mayhem and was probably the most violent night I've ever witnessed at the Bridge.

RIP Dale.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/31/dale-jasper-1964-2020

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Dale Jasper who played for us in the 80's died yesterday aged 56 only a couple of years older than me. It has to be said he's mainly remembered for giving away two penalties against Sunderland in the league cup semi final in 1985. He replaced Joe McLaughlin who got injured that night and big Joe and Colin Pates were such a good partnership it would have been hard to just slot in especially in such a big game . The second leg was pure mayhem and was probably the most violent night I've ever witnessed at the Bridge.

RIP Dale.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/31/dale-jasper-1964-2020

He always interested others and delighted in asking me what I was doing on the team coach. I was reading the plays of the Russian literary giant Anton Chekhov one day and Dale, much to my surprise, said he knew Chekhov’s work well. He then said he was surprised that I was a Star Trek fan. Wrong Chekhov, but we had a great chat about Captain Kirk, Mr Spock, Sulu and Chekhov all the same.

 

lol

RIP

sounds like he was a good bloke

Iggy Doonican likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vesper said:

He always interested others and delighted in asking me what I was doing on the team coach. I was reading the plays of the Russian literary giant Anton Chekhov one day and Dale, much to my surprise, said he knew Chekhov’s work well. He then said he was surprised that I was a Star Trek fan. Wrong Chekhov, but we had a great chat about Captain Kirk, Mr Spock, Sulu and Chekhov all the same.

 

lol

RIP

sounds like he was a good bloke

Reminds me of a Jasper Carrot story. He was in the States when he noticed his friend's reg plate spelt B O L O X 356 so he started laughing.

His friend asked what he was laughing at so he told her and rather than tell her it was a swear word he told her it was English slang for zits.

A couple of years later the friend was in the UK on holiday and when she met up with JC she started calling him a limey bastard and how could you do this to me ?.

He said woah slow down what have I done ? She said '' I've just been in Boots the chemist with my teenage son and in front of a big queue I pointed at his face and said to the assistant  have you got anything for the bollocks on my son's face '':D

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Reminds me of a Jasper Carrot story. He was in the States when he noticed his friend's reg plate spelt B O L O X 356 so he started laughing.

His friend asked what he was laughing at so he told her and rather than tell her it was a swear word he told her it was English slang for zits.

A couple of years later the friend was in the UK on holiday and when she met up with JC she started calling him a limey bastard and how could you do this to me ?.

He said woah slow down what have I done ? She said '' I've just been in Boots the chemist with my teenage son and in front of a big queue I pointed at his face and said to the assistant  have you got anything for the bollocks on my son's face '':D

roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2020 at 10:44 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

Dale Jasper who played for us in the 80's died yesterday aged 56 only a couple of years older than me. It has to be said he's mainly remembered for giving away two penalties against Sunderland in the league cup semi final in 1985. He replaced Joe McLaughlin who got injured that night and big Joe and Colin Pates were such a good partnership it would have been hard to just slot in especially in such a big game . The second leg was pure mayhem and was probably the most violent night I've ever witnessed at the Bridge.

RIP Dale.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/31/dale-jasper-1964-2020

He grew up a fan so lived the dream.....fair play and RIP

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Having a week or two in Gran Canaria - might bump into UJ -well if anyone knew what he looked like :D

Go to any bar playing Northern Soul  Did you know he's actually a septic tank he came to the UK when he was 14 he got heavily influenced by British culture presumably. If I left London to go to the USA when I was a teenager I couldn't imagine giving myself the moniker Uncle Sam !:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Go to any bar playing Northern Soul  Did you know he's actually a septic tank he came to the UK when he was 14 he got heavily influenced by British culture presumably. If I left London to go to the USA when I was a teenager I couldn't imagine giving myself the moniker Uncle Sam !:)

Uncle Iggy

:wub:

Iggy Doonican likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Go to any bar playing Northern Soul  Did you know he's actually a septic tank he came to the UK when he was 14 he got heavily influenced by British culture presumably. If I left London to go to the USA when I was a teenager I couldn't imagine giving myself the moniker Uncle Sam !:)

He's a septic ? Fuck him then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He's a septic ? Fuck him then

Go to a bar full of geezers wearing ten gallon hats, eating grits and corn dogs and listening to The Eagles then you might find him :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He looks like a Liverpool player from the 80's I was going to say on holiday but vacation is probably more apt :)

Might check out the YMCA

617717994_fdc590ee7f.jpg

Bloody hell my search history :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He's a septic ? Fuck him then

harsh!

he is a walking talking UK subculture encyclopaedia

he has lived in London since around 25 or so years before I was born, lolol

I never heard him once ever talk about the states

only the UK and elsewhere

I can't hold where someone was born and lived as a pickney against them

not when they have lived in London for around 50 years

that is like 30 more years than I have, lolol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

harsh!

he is a walking talking UK subculture encyclopaedia

he has lived in London since around 25 or so years before I was born, lolol

I never heard him once ever talk about the states

only the UK and elsewhere

I can't hold where someone was born and lived as a pickney against them

not when they have lived in London for around 50 years

that is like 30 more years than I have, lolol

Yeah I know Vesp, its only a British humour thang towards yanks :cig:

I was in the Red Onion club years back (The club where OJ met Nicole) in LA. These three LA girls Candy, Nadia and Rusty said 'Youre from England ?? Do you know Dave from Manchester ?' They were serious. :P

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah I know Vesp, its only a British humour thang towards yanks :cig:

I was in the Red Onion club years back (The club where OJ met Nicole) in LA. These three LA girls Candy, Nadia and Rusty said 'Youre from England ?? Do you know Dave from Manchester ?' They were serious. :P

oh, it's all good :)

UJ is probably have a pint and a ruby in some dodgy pub and having a right proper laugh at all of us

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

oh, it's all good :)

UJ is probably have a pint and a ruby in some dodgy pub and having a right proper laugh at all of us

 

He'd be lucky getting a ruby over here - no Indian food anywhere. On the positive, met an English bloke in an 'Irish' pub tonight who reckons there was a bloke DJing in Playa Ingles who was a naturalised Brit originally from the US. Do you know if UJ was a black guy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He'd be lucky getting a ruby over here - no Indian food anywhere. On the positive, met an English bloke in an 'Irish' pub tonight who reckons there was a bloke DJing in Playa Ingles who was a naturalised Brit originally from the US. Do you know if UJ was a black guy ?

I have no clear idea if he is black, I never asked, and he never brought it up with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit I started using the term septic tank after watching this. All sketch shows date and the Fast Show has but all Simon Day's characters haven't he had the best ones Dave Angel, Competitive Dad, John Actor and Billy Bleach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.