test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amblève.

Your Chelsea FC Memories

Started by Amblève.,

115 posts in this topic

There's a piece in today's Guardian about best goals that have gone in off the woodwork. They chose six including this one by Brian Bason against Carlisle in 1975. Bason run a boozer not far from where I lived in the early 90's . He only played a handful of games for us as I recall, there's also an interview with a 18 year old Ray Wilkins after the game who has a full head of hair and looking like an extra from Saturday Night Fever. Glad I was too young to have missed out dressing like that the size of the shirt collar is ridiculous :D

 

Fulham Broadway and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There's a piece in today's Guardian about best goals that have gone in off the woodwork. They chose six including this one by Brian Bason against Carlisle in 1975. Bason run a boozer not far from where I lived in the early 90's . He only played a handful of games for us as I recall, there's also an interview with a 18 year old Ray Wilkins after the game who has a full head of hair and looking like an extra from Saturday Night Fever. Glad I was too young to have missed out dressing like that the size of the shirt collar is ridiculous :D

 

Top goalage there Iggy and the interview with Ray Wilkins -18 years old !

Think Bason was with us as junior but never attained greatness. RIP Brian Moore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2017 at 0:05 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

There's a piece in today's Guardian about best goals that have gone in off the woodwork. They chose six including this one by Brian Bason against Carlisle in 1975. Bason run a boozer not far from where I lived in the early 90's . He only played a handful of games for us as I recall, there's also an interview with a 18 year old Ray Wilkins after the game who has a full head of hair and looking like an extra from Saturday Night Fever. Glad I was too young to have missed out dressing like that the size of the shirt collar is ridiculous :D

 

Love them collars. Had a shirt made with a button down long point. Its them old Jumbo round collars that they should bring back. Hard as hell to find nice old ones of them around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

 

Remember it well the very next day I had an interview for a school not far from the Bridge. I never got in which I was delighted about. This was probably Peter Houseman's best game for us. Tottenham's pitch was worse than Wembley's for the final.

 

 

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Remember it well the very next day I had an interview for a school not far from the Bridge. I never got in which I was delighted about. This was probably Peter Houseman's best game for us. Tottenham's pitch was worse than Wembley's for the final.

 

 

That 5-1 always springs to mind every time we've played them since. RIP Houseman a regular at No 11 with Cooke on the right No 7 -as effective as Duff and Robben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2016 at 11:31 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

Ruud signed 21 years ago.:clap:

Saw his debut in a Paul Elliott testimonial - what a class player. 40-50 yard pinpoint passes, and taking games by the scruff of the neck.

 

The start of the Chelsea revolution.

i went to his first game at west brom a pre season friendly.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I have posted this video here several times before, but I can't find it and I'm not even sure this thread is the correct place for this. It's my favourite Chelsea video of all time hands down. Uploaded in 2006, it was also one of the first I ever saw on youtube. I remember the emotions it gave me when I first saw it... goosebumps, made my hair sit up.It's just so awesome and the shitquality.exe video makes it tad bit more special, I don't know why :D  I still rewatch it once in a while, I just watched it again after a few years and decided to share it here again.

Also started listening to Oasis thanks to this, The Masterplan remains my favourite song from them. The most perfect song ever to accompany this emotional rollercoaster.

Who hasn't seen, enjoy...

 

Unionjack and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manpe said:

I know I have posted this video here several times before, but I can't find it and I'm not even sure this thread is the correct place for this. It's my favourite Chelsea video of all time hands down. Uploaded in 2006, it was also one of the first I ever saw on youtube. I remember the emotions it gave me when I first saw it... goosebumps, made my hair sit up.It's just so awesome and the shitquality.exe video makes it tad bit more special, I don't know why :D  I still rewatch it once in a while, I just watched it again after a few years and decided to share it here again.

Also started listening to Oasis thanks to this, The Masterplan remains my favourite song from them. The most perfect song ever to accompany this emotional rollercoaster.

Who hasn't seen, enjoy...

 

Knew I liked you for some reason my brother from another mother!

IMO we should all watch this before going to the match to put us in the right frame of mind,

Ive got a flashdrive full of songs I stick on but this will be a part of my pre game ritual when we goto north London next week! And I shall take great pleasure in showing it to my gooner mate who is coming with me as I went to see Fulham with him yesterday!

 

 

FB WTF is Iggy??? He sent me a msg asking where I was and now he goes off missing! Sent him a Msg but not heard owt.

manpe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Knew I liked you for some reason my brother from another mother!

IMO we should all watch this before going to the match to put us in the right frame of mind,

Ive got a flashdrive full of songs I stick on but this will be a part of my pre game ritual when we goto north London next week! And I shall take great pleasure in showing it to my gooner mate who is coming with me as I went to see Fulham with him yesterday!

 

 

FB WTF is Iggy??? He sent me a msg asking where I was and now he goes off missing! Sent him a Msg but not heard owt.

Glad you liked it. You posted this 3 hours ago and you're online now, have you slept at all mate? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, manpe said:

Glad you liked it. You posted this 3 hours ago and you're online now, have you slept at all mate? :D 

Sleep??  Over rated concept mate lol

Might have a nap in the afternoon sometimes Trick is to stay awake like a natural tip lol Just beem watching old eppisodes of the magic roundabout. cracked me up. And supposed to be a kids show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah he disappeared shortly after you went to Goa - odd. 

Found a woman ?

Well it does beat fingers on a keyboard!

I know hes not a mad poster but he always looks in on match days.

Hope hes OK thats all that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well it does beat fingers on a keyboard!

I know hes not a mad poster but he always looks in on match days.

Hope hes OK thats all that matters.

Yeah its odd hes not around at all. Like you say, main thing is he's pukka

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.