Islam Feruz

J.F.

Hes making noise about wanting games no doubt. Feruz is a much bigger and better talent than both Ake and Piazon, no wonder his agents pissed. He won't leave, why would he go to City and never ever ever play or Liverpool and play maybe 3 times before they sign Franco Di Santo and never win anything ever ever ever again?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agent just trying to get money. He has excellent potential, but no decent team would be interested in signing him except to loan him out to have him develop, so his agent is full of it. Don't see Feruz getting any game time with us unless we don't bring in anyone else in January.

Agent just trying to get money. He has excellent potential, but no decent team would be interested in signing him except to loan him out to have him develop, so his agent is full of it. Don't see Feruz getting any game time with us unless we don't bring in anyone else in January.

I actually disagree. I think this is absolutely about reminding the club that they have a striker on their books less than a week before they potentially buy another one.

I actually disagree. I think this is absolutely about reminding the club that they have a striker on their books less than a week before they potentially buy another one.

They don't have a striker. They have someone on the youth team. Chelsea are not going to consider playing Feruz regularly. At most, Feruz would get the Ake/Piazon treatment. Is that really worth stirring the pot in the media for? Getting a few minutes at the end of a game? Feruz's agent pulled the same sort of tricks to get him out of Celtic and to us. He wants more money from Chelsea or to be able to move somewhere where they will give him more money..

They don't have a striker. They have someone on the youth team. Chelsea are not going to consider playing Feruz regularly. At most, Feruz would get the Ake/Piazon treatment. Is that really worth stirring the pot in the media for? Getting a few minutes at the end of a game? Feruz's agent pulled the same sort of tricks to get him out of Celtic and to us. He wants more money from Chelsea or to be able to move somewhere where they will give him more money..

No, they have a striker who is one of the most physically ready young men we currently have in our academy. Piazon gets the treatment he does because of the competition in his position, the same goes for Ake to a lesser extent.

This seems to me to be purely about playing time, something that would lead to more money.

Regardless, he is not going to be considered for the first team until next season at earliest. He still has along way to go but will need a loan before featuring in our first team IMO. But there is no way he should be expecting to play for the European Champions. He is still on paper a first year youth scholar and we should take our time with him. Liverpool done it with Suso and Sterling and now they are reaping the benefits.

Regardless, he is not going to be considered for the first team until next season at earliest. He still has along way to go but will need a loan before featuring in our first team IMO. But there is no way he should be expecting to play for the European Champions. He is still on paper a first year youth scholar and we should take our time with him. Liverpool done it with Suso and Sterling and now they are reaping the benefits.

What is the argument for taking time with him? We've done that with other youngsters and it's really not done a lot.

And Sterling is less than a year older and never went on loan.

What is the argument for taking time with him? We've done that with other youngsters and it's really not done a lot.

And Sterling is less than a year older and never went on loan.

Because there is a huge difference between scoring goals in youth level and playing in the Premiership. Bamford scored regularly for the U21 and was farmed out on loan to MK Dons. That clearly shows the distinction between reserve footy and playing for our first team. Feruz is not ready yet and that is why he does not join up with the squad.

My point about Sterling is he was destroying the reserves league and was to easy for him and was much better than what Feruz was in the reserves stage. Liverpool did not just play him simply because he was finding the reserve league easy but they gave him time to help him develop him rather than rush him which could potentially ruin a player and that is what we need to do with Feruz. Brilliant prospect yes but I will laugh at the idea for people to say he is ready. Just no way.

Because there is a huge difference between scoring goals in youth level and playing in the Premiership. Bamford scored regularly for the U21 and was farmed out on loan to MK Dons. That clearly shows the distinction between reserve footy and playing for our first team. Feruz is not ready yet and that is why he does not join up with the squad.

My point about Sterling is he was destroying the reserves league and was to easy for him and was much better than what Feruz was in the reserves stage. Liverpool did not just play him simply because he was finding the reserve league easy but they gave him time to help him develop him rather than rush him which could potentially ruin a player and that is what we need to do with Feruz. Brilliant prospect yes but I will laugh at the idea for people to say he is ready. Just no way.

With all due respect to Patrick Bamford, he ain't Islam Feruz. They're very different players, with very different levels of talent.

Also, Sterling is not a huge amount better than Feruz at the same age. Liverpool have the luxury to chuck players in because they have such low expectations. It's hard for us to do the same.

Yes there's an argument to take it slowly and ease players into the first-team via League 2 or the Championship, but sometimes you can throw a player into the first team and they swim. Let's be honest, our softly, softly approach to youth team progression hasn't exactly had amazing results has it?

But I'd be interested to see what you think Feruz lacks.

With all due respect to Patrick Bamford, he ain't Islam Feruz. They're very different players, with very different levels of talent.

Also, Sterling is not a huge amount better than Feruz at the same age. Liverpool have the luxury to chuck players in because they have such low expectations. It's hard for us to do the same.

Yes there's an argument to take it slowly and ease players into the first-team via League 2 or the Championship, but sometimes you can throw a player into the first team and they swim. Let's be honest, our softly, softly approach to youth team progression hasn't exactly had amazing results has it?

But I'd be interested to see what you think Feruz lacks.

I can't really disagree with you here but believe me Sterling was a different exception. He was clearly to good for the reserves and has featured every game since he started against City this season. But I agree with your second paragraph. Feruz lacks height but still scores in youth level. I just wonder if it would be a problem if he steps up to a more physical and quicker standard of football. The reason I made the point about Feruz as well is that he is starting more for the U21 now but he is not a frequent starter every game. Sometimes he starts, then has played the odd games for the U18 and the other games has featured on the bench

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...