Enjoyment And Circumspection!

Vital football

Enjoyment and Circumspection!

This has been a very strange season for me. I think I argued more with my fellow Chelsea fans than fans of other clubs.

We have lost a great manager and yet, the optimism remains, despite the obvious feeling of a void. And the football...what can I say except that it has been inconsistent in terms of performances, even though results are still brilliant. So the question has to be asked:

Where the bloody hell are we heading?

Now, there are two perspectives that have to be taken into consideration:

1. Long term and 2.Short term.

1. The Long Term:

First of all we should know what is our long term ambition? And the fact is that it has to be a mosaic of goals that club wants to achieve. As Kenyon said it, to generalize it, to be the best club in the world. Yes, we can dream of that now.

And my personal verdict:

I will keep this one very short and say that unless something disastrous happens to this club, we are heading in the right direction. But the key is stability and also the patience that people associated with the club (that includes the fans, meaning us) maintain. Plus, in one word -TROPHIES - simple as that.

2. Short term:

Meaning this season. Well I believed since Jose's departure that our aim should be the Champions League. Why? As that is what we need to firmly establish a base and as they say, cut a niche for ourselves. This ladies and gentlemen is what we need to begin a journey to the zenith. We will always play to win any match that is the mentality that exists within this team. But for me personally the real tension will start when we play our CL fixtures. This is not to say that we will not have a shot at other cups, but till we win the CL there will be always something missing at Chelsea. And what a story Avarm Grant will become if we win it: from Avram who? To Avram Grant CL Champion that`s one for the Time front cover, except maybe that cover picture.

SWP-SHOULD WE PRAISE

Another intriguing part of this stop start season of ours has been our key players and its interesting to observe that outside of Joey Cole, Alex,Belletti and Wright Phillips nobody has been ever present in our squad. And for me Belletti , Alex and SWP are players of the seasons till now. They were lucky to get chances but boy have they grasped them well. But you know none of these players are the sort of players that inspire confidence except maybe Alex. I mean when the crunch matches come and instead of lowly Everton we face a Milan or a Barcelona in the big matches these players will not be my first choices.

Look at it this way Belletti, this season, is playing at his optimum best. Really, those guys at Barcelona must be thinking,' is this same player we sold? As at no point in his career has Juliano played so well and you get that feeling at 31 how much longer can he continue to perform in the same vein. As for Shaun, I struggle to see how he can establish himself as a major player in this line up. We may see one, if not both leave in the summer unless they do something really special.

And as a parting shot, a word on Le Funk..Nic Anelka..don`t you lot get that feeling that this was the most obvious transfer that has happened in recent history. The best 15 million we have spent, I have not had such a good feeling about a player since a certain Petr Cech joined us...fly high NIC!!

Up the blues!! Forza Chelsea!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is very obvious that we have done far better this season so far than anyone would have thought possible. We lost our greatest ever manager, we have had injuries that are just beyond belief to key players, we have lost 4 of our best performers to the African Cup of Nations and yet here we are in the final of the Carling Cup, in the last 16 of the FA Cup with a lovely draw, in the last 16 of the Champions League with a nice draw and pulled our way back into the title race.

When we get players back we really could knock on this season and achieve something big, but it won't be easy because Arsenal and Man you are both having great seasons too.

As far as the future is concerned at the moment i have good feelings about it, we have made 3 very very good signings this January and i think that in the summer there will be a bot of rearranging with some more exciting player arriving to take us to a different level. We have weathered a very hard storm and now we need to come out the other side and kick on.

what will happen to man you and ars if they lose 8 players?????

They would be f**ked, Man you and Arse have both shown that they can't cope without key players. Take Rooney and Ronaldo out of Man you and they become very very average. To have gone through January so far winning 7 games out of 7 with our injuries and the ACN is unbelievable.

I read the thread headline and thought it said enjoyment and circumcision!

Thought what the hell..

Lol thought exactly the same but didnt want to say :) Enjoyment and having the skin sheared off dont go together.

Long term and short term the futures bright for CFC -constant 'top four' member, but lets hope it doesnt get too sanitised, and can we have our Royal Blue back ??

what will happen to man you and ars if they lose 8 players?????

we saw what happened when we won the prem for the second time,they got miles behind out the top 4 lol,not gana happen this season but hey we're coping great

They would be f**ked, Man you and Arse have both shown that they can't cope without key players. Take Rooney and Ronaldo out of Man you and they become very very average. To have gone through January so far winning 7 games out of 7 with our injuries and the ACN is unbelievable.

We have been fortunate to have players returning from injury as others have been injured.

Ballack returning when Lamps got injured, Riccy returning when JT got injured and so on. We've certainly got the depth to cope, but recently we've been stretched to the limit, as seen with our recent midfield line up with SWP, Sidwell and Maka.

Man Utd hardly coped when Ronaldo and Rooney wereout at the beginning of the season and Arsenal let slip their huge lead when Fabregas/van Persie/Hleb/Flamini were out. Liverpool have struggled mainly due to a poor selection policy by Benitez.

Arsenal are 1-0 up on Newcastle now - I'd like Keegan's men to get something there.

I know I've been through this all before, but what championship winning team has ever done it without beating their rivals? I know we have them all to play at home, but Man Ure, the Arse , and the Artful Dodgers will test our mettle.

As far as Grant goes, I just am not having it, and never will. I said after FIVE games, (yes you esk) that things didnt seem right and was shouted down, then Jose left, which may, or may not have been fair enough, but this cunt? he could win us the CL and I would still want him dead