Enjoyment And Circumspection!

I know I've been through this all before, but what championship winning team has ever done it without beating their rivals? I know we have them all to play at home, but Man Ure, the Arse , and the Artful Dodgers will test our mettle.

As far as Grant goes, I just am not having it, and never will. I said after FIVE games, (yes you esk) that things didnt seem right and was shouted down, then Jose left, which may, or may not have been fair enough, but this cunt? he could win us the CL and I would still want him dead

Now don't beat around the bush just tell me what you feel, no vague hints, come on! :D

Have to admit, despite his good run, despite his apparent ability to cope with injuries, despite it all, I'm still in the jury still out camp about this guy's ultimate abilities.

Yep I know that makes me look about the dumbest guy in town right now but that's just the way it is.

And I'm not sure even the sight of Grant lifting a champions league trophy over his head would convince me is he the next messiah of the coaching firmament.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Utd hardly coped when Ronaldo and Rooney wereout at the beginning of the season and Arsenal let slip their huge lead when Fabregas/van Persie/Hleb/Flamini were out. Liverpool have struggled mainly due to a poor selection policy by Benitez.

Well Utd clearly did cope or it'd be us 4 points clear of them. And to be fair they have had some injuries to deal with, maybe not as many as us but they've had some key players out for long periods as well - Rooney, Scholes, Hargreaves, Saha, Neville - but unlike Arsenal, they've got depth in their squad to cope with it. Which is the same reason we've coped with it so well this season, not because of anything Grant's done but because he was lucky enough to be given a bloody good squad to start with.

Well Utd clearly did cope or it'd be us 4 points clear of them. And to be fair they have had some injuries to deal with, maybe not as many as us but they've had some key players out for long periods as well - Rooney, Scholes, Hargreaves, Saha, Neville - but unlike Arsenal, they've got depth in their squad to cope with it. Which is the same reason we've coped with it so well this season, not because of anything Grant's done but because he was lucky enough to be given a bloody good squad to start with.

If you look back to the very beginning of the season I'm sure we were around 5 points clear of Man Utd when they had their injury problems - but since then they have hardly had any problems.

I feel we have huge pressure tonight though - if we go 7 points behind Arsenal at this stage (all games equal) surely the title may be gone? :(

If you look back to the very beginning of the season I'm sure we were around 5 points clear of Man Utd when they had their injury problems - but since then they have hardly had any problems.

I feel we have huge pressure tonight though - if we go 7 points behind Arsenal at this stage (all games equal) surely the title may be gone? :(

Well, with Hargreaves apparently coming from the Robben school of injuries, Saha and Neville still out and Scholes only just back, I still wouldn't say they've hardly had any problems, but anyway.....don't feel any real pressure tonight, mainly because I can't see the title going anywhere but back to the holders this year.

Well, with Hargreaves apparently coming from the Robben school of injuries, Saha and Neville still out and Scholes only just back, I still wouldn't say they've hardly had any problems, but anyway.....don't feel any real pressure tonight, mainly because I can't see the title going anywhere but back to the holders this year.

Both teams should win tonight - Man Utd have a slightly toguher task than us though. I don't think we are out of it yet but we must assume we will beat the other 3 grand slam sides at SB. Maybe Man Utd could drop points at home to Liverpool as well.

Both teams should win tonight - Man Utd have a slightly toguher task than us though. I don't think we are out of it yet but we must assume we will beat the other 3 grand slam sides at SB. Maybe Man Utd could drop points at home to Liverpool as well.

You watched Utd and Liverpool play lately? World's apart.