FA warns Carlo about Webb remarks

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has been warned about his future conduct by the FA after saying he had "no problem" with Howard Webb refereeing the Premier League clash with Manchester United on May 8.

United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson also received a warning as both managers made positive remarks about World Cup final referee Webb ahead of the clash at Old Trafford, contravening FA regulations which prohibit any comment - good or bad - about referees prior to games.A statement from the FA read: "The FA has today warned Carlo Ancelotti as to his future conduct. The Chelsea manager's warning relates to his pre-match media comments prior to the Premier League match with Manchester United on 8 May."

Here's what Carlo had said :

"I think it's not good to speak about the past, and also it's not good to speak about the referee because I don't want to put pressure on the referee,'' said the Italian.

"Howard Webb is a fantastic referee, he has experience, he has skills, but this is football and sometimes when things are not good you speak about the bad decisions against you.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sry LDN Blue can't agree, managers like SAF will ALWAYS use this and the FA is fooling they're self because they wouldn't even consider SAF or Wenger for a warning, fo this kind of statement.

Carlo said the referee has skills and is a good ref, nothin else and he said you should not question Referees in any case because its footbal and wrong ref-decisions are part of the game...

they should have given him kudos for this...

so next time carlo will get a warning for talking at the press conference... I remember that legendary press conference with grant when he just sat down and didn't say anything... was so funny :D:D

They wouldnt have said anything to Ancellotti, it was only because Ferguson was doing his usual ''mindless games'' that they felt they had to be equitable.

Lets be fair, Ancellotti hasnt a bad bone in his body, and wouldnt entertain the idea of undermining, or trying to influence decisions. Ferguson on the other hand has a track record stretching back years, of intimidation, goading, lying and toadying. Thats the reality.

Anyway Ancellotti was only responding to questions asked, the FA know this, which was why they are taking no action.

Here's what Ferguson said : "We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that. But (getting a bad decision) is definitely our big fear. We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck.''

He was also given a warning. How is what he said similar to Carlo? Then how can they both be treated the same way?

I understand the logic behind not letting managers say anything about the refs - good or bad, but when there's this big a difference between what two people say, surely they shouldn't be treated the same way.

Read this on my phone and couldn't believe it. Saying positives about a ref and getting fined... fuck sake lmao you might as well just receive the fine by calling him and Man Utd fan boy wanker and be done with it.

It's just crap, what can you say about a ref? Obviously nothing.

I understand the logic behind not letting managers say anything about the refs - good or bad, but when there's this big a difference between what two people say, surely they shouldn't be treated the same way.

If that was Red Nose who has said what Ancelotti said, and vice-versa, they wouldn't have been treated in the same way.

sry LDN Blue can't agree, managers like SAF will ALWAYS use this and the FA is fooling they're self because they wouldn't even consider SAF or Wenger for a warning, fo this kind of statement.

Carlo said the referee has skills and is a good ref, nothin else and he said you should not question Referees in any case because its footbal and wrong ref-decisions are part of the game...

they should have given him kudos for this...

so next time carlo will get a warning for talking at the press conference... I remember that legendary press conference with grant when he just sat down and didn't say anything... was so funny :D:D

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying..

But there are consequences for talking about the referee in any sense in this league (whether it's wrong or right) so managers should know better. Of course Wenger & Ferguson get away with it most the time, but what to do hey?

Carlo is the example of a manager with dignity , sporting in both victory congratulatory to a team that has beaten us fairly , even if his team looses unfairly i cant ever imagine Carlo going off on one , and he never rises to media speculation . Cant believe the F.A are even taking issue with him